• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
Years
Hmm... not sure whats causing it. Did you do a clean new game? or load an older file?

It was a clean new game that the problem came up on, with Giovanni's battle. (Sorry about the lateness of my reply. Been pretty busy lately.) It worked fine right up until the error and then when it came up, it automatically shut off once I acknowledged said error.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Yes, just drag and drop the save file from the previous demo to the new one and you're set ^^
Also, do you just want animating backsprites BW style with 2 frames or just the pokemon bobbing up and down? (Graphics edit)

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Animation B/W style seems worth trying. Also I recently tried the Advanced Generation graphic edit. It's amazingly well done but obviously it feels out of place compared to the surrounding sprites. But it's pretty amazing!

Also, evolution questions. I checked the guide on obtaining Pokemon. (very helpful BTW) It said Onix evolves at Lv. 42. Mine's at Lv. 45 and it still hasn't evolved. (I also figured out they only evolve at Team A. It still doesn't evolve) Also, Is there a specific way to use evolution stones? It won't let me use them from the menu. Thanks.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Animation B/W style seems worth trying. Also I recently tried the Advanced Generation graphic edit. It's amazingly well done but obviously it feels out of place compared to the surrounding sprites. But it's pretty amazing!

Also, evolution questions. I checked the guide on obtaining Pokemon. (very helpful BTW) It said Onix evolves at Lv. 42. Mine's at Lv. 45 and it still hasn't evolved. (I also figured out they only evolve at Team A. It still doesn't evolve) Also, Is there a specific way to use evolution stones? It won't let me use them from the menu. Thanks.

Evolution stones are meant to be equipped on the Pokemon. After a battle, it should evolve.
Regarding the graphics edit, I'll get around to editing all the sprites- I have to do it manually, which is a lot harder than just inserting sheets :P
I have no idea why Onix is not evolving. The script looks fine to me... then again, I suck at scripting.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Found the Onix error. Bad scripting. (usually the game checks if you don't have an everstone equipped, then checks pokemon level to see if it can evolve.
For onix, i accidently set it to check if everstone IS equipped, if it is, check pokemon level)

So equip an everstone on it (gotten from aide inside pokecenter) and after a battle, it should evolve.

==
Been a bit busy, but here's the Gary/blue event.
garymfingoak.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Bug and a question

Been playing .603 beta for a few weeks now, and just a few things to point out to DarkDoom.

1) The Onix/Everstone bug also happened to my Diglett, so you might want to check that for all the non-Stone evolving Pokemon.

2a) Are the base stats the same as the Gen 1 Game Boy games, or does the special stat affect special attack power and defense cover both physical and special defense?
2b) Any thought to splitting the Special stat into Special Attack and Special Defense?

3) Eevee occasionally not allow the character to 'switch places', as I found out once I got myself stuck in the top right corner of Oak's lab. This probably isn't new to DarkDoom, but just thought I'd point it out in case.

Edit: The mute option kinda-sorta works. The correct music will play for about a half-second and then mute, except during battles, when it won't mute at all. I'm guessing that this is probably something wrong with RPGMaker2003 and not the game itself.

Little things, really. Great job so far, and I can't wait for the next update!

Last edited:

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
I really enjoy the fourth generation character sprite for the hero. I notice Eevee's following sprite has been revamped, too. It looks awesome. But none of the other Evolutions look that way (except for Jolteon when it's facing down)
Will all Eevee evo's have fourth generation following sprites?
And the new Arbor Town is pretty epic, too.

Can't believe I missed this post. Of course, every sprite will become revamped, I just haven't gotten to it yet ^^
Eevee and Jolteon (facedown) were done first because they appear in the overworld in other times (Chasing Eevee and battle with Jolteon)

EDIT: @Above:
This is the standard RM2K3 battle system with renamed stats.
Speed determines how fast your bar fills up
Attack determines the power of your moves
Defense covers both defenses
Special only affects special attacks

I believe DarkDoom cannot split the stat up without using another battle system.
The mute thing is just sloppy programming :P (I believe this is what DarkDoom said.)

Last edited:

mathue9

Why am I here?
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2015
Just noticed something odd, on the memo in Prof elms lab in ventus city (the one that lists all the level 1 AIs) instead of Geosigma it lists Kratos. (Now I know Kratos was who was origionally there, the pics in a folder somewhere of him and his other forms, but ust pointing that out) :) love the game almost have all corrupted PKMN and cant wait for V6.03.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I've been slowly progressing with v0.7

I've finished up polishing up the shiny system, it's now moved to Elm's lab, and It has a better pokebox like UI.
Now, you need to have scanned a shiny to "shinyify" one of your (fully evolved) pokemon.
shinyfy2.png

Once you have shinyfied a pokemon, you can change it to normal and shiny again without having to scan more shiny pokemon.

the box has been upated to show if the pokemon is shiny, and the pokedex will show any shiny pokemon you've scanned, and any pokemon you have made shiny.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I don't know anyone who would un-shinify a Pokemon but that's still a nice option. Will the list of Pokemon who can be shinified be expanded, or will it stay starter-only?

Years
Is experience suppose to be shared equally between both A team and B team? While battling with my with my A team, I noticed that my pokemon in B team were leveling up as well.

By the way, I love your game! Pokemon games should be more like Super Eevee Edition!

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Is experience suppose to be shared equally between both A team and B team? While battling with my with my A team, I noticed that my pokemon in B team were leveling up as well.

This is correct. After you get the Pokéshifter, both your A team and your B team gain experience. Whether this is supposed to happen or just the team that is active is an entirely different issue.

EDIT: An observation and a question.

Observation: The routes south of Portus City, west of Imbibo Lake, and west of Ventus City appear on the region map but are blocked off as of version 0.603

May I suggest that the limit-break system be modified to 1.5x all stats OR doubling just the speed stat?
Eeveeon at 25% health is a bit too strong.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I've been thinking about the difficulty level. It could be just me, but I think it's too easy. The only time I ever lost was when I challenged the Body and Soul guy as soon as I could just to see how strong he was. But other than that, I never lost once. When I started a New Game +, I saved before every AI boss. I wanted to see how long it would take for XDR to defeat me. Over 10 minutes. Anyone else notice this?

Back