• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon ★ NeoEras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years

Threadlogo3.png

ThreadHeading04.png

About NE
Yes, NE is a very old project.

Pokemon NeoEras is a fangame that was originally posted on June 7th, 2008. I'm STILL using the original Essentials Kit from the first NE and have been slowly tweaking and working on the game over the past few years.

After all this time, you might be thinking - "You better have a playable demo by now, RIGHT?" Well I DO, in fact I have an old version of the game that is completely playable up to the second gym (which is quite a bit of content) however recently I've decided to renovate everything. Graphics, maps, menus, battle interfaces, everything. Seeing as how the game was only playable in terms of story, I've been steadily tweaking and enhancing everything.

So now I welcome you to NeoEras' new PokeCommunity Topic! I've been dying to show you guys what I've been working on, and so here it is!

Being made with RPG Maker XP
Fully equipped with Poccil's Pokemon Essentials Kit

The Game and The Story
And a new adventure begins~ Again.

First off, I'd like to point out that the region map at the top of the topic only focuses the bottom half of the Outa Region. You might be asking - why is this? I've actually decided to sort of split the game into "segments", each part being its own game. For the sake of keeping a realistic goal, right now I'm focusing on just finishing the game up to the 2nd Gym, which is the end of the first Installment. As I complete these goals, I will hopefully be able to continuously update and eventually have a fully fleshed out game.

TinyStar.png

I apologize for this terribly written plot summary. I am horrible with summaries~

Now, the actual plot begins with our hero/heroine, their sister, and their mother. The hero has lived their entire life in one of the largest cities of the neighboring Iouso Region, primarily because their father had initially been working under one of the research companies of the area. In the past few years, however, the father had been transferred to a small lab in Hoenn which has caused a bit of a fallout between him and his wife. The mother, having had enough of the city life, promptly decides to move the hero and their sister to a small town in the rural southern half of the Outa Region (which is only a short boat ride from their home city). After a hardy welcome from the entire town, the hero finds themself locked away upstairs, watching a particularly disturbing news program.

The news announces that a robbery took place in one of the few cities of Southern Outa, which is an unusual occurrence in itself. Not having much time to think, the hero's mother whisks her children outside in order to let herself finish unpacking in peace.

And then the hero is introduced to Amy. The professor's daughter.

Bright, cheery, and energetic, Amy is a forgetful girl contrary to the brilliance she inherited from her father (a small town Pokemon researcher). Due to her own fallacies in planning and time coordination, she somehow convinces the hero to run a few errands for her. Yet somehow, by simply picking up just one parcel for the Professor's daughter, the hero winds up on a mission to collect data for Amy's father.

And an adventure unfolds as the hero traverses the Outa Region. And of course along the way our hero will encounter evil teams, mysterious individuals, and will discover the secrets of Outa. But that's all fantasy and craziness, isn't it? How could a mundane child of Outa be wrapped into a great web of excitement?

Features
A bit of what you'll see in NeoEras.

In this section we'll discuss a bit about the "Features" of NeoEras, however I'm going to make it a point to discuss only what has already been implemented or has started to be implemented. That way you know what the game will actually offer instead of what I "want to do".

Beach.png

New Region
Explore the rich, tropical weathered Outa Region and uncover its hidden beauties.

ForestRedone.png

Points of Interest
Expanded Points of Interests in Outa offer extended gameplay and fun challenges.

ChoosingBezereen.gif

Outan Native Pokemon
Travel the Outa Region to study and catch the vibrant Pokemon native to the area!

MenuInterface.gif

Enhanced Interfaces
From retouched menus to entirely new and elegant interfaces.

Screenshot Gallery
A small taste of what you'll find in game~

IntroPokemon.png
Delivery.png

MenuInstructions.png
StarterSelection.png

MomosHouse.png
Environment-1.png

PokePilot.png
RouteExploring.png

The Team
yep.

azurillTrozei.gif
Project Director and Misc.

CrobatTrozei.gif
Scripter and Magician

dragoniteTrozei.gif
Tile Spriter and Misc.

SwellotTrozei.gif
Misc Spriter

Credits
All of the great programmers and graphic artists who help us all!

Poccil, Alucus, Dewitty, PrinceLegendario, Kyle Dove, UltimoSpriter, PokemonDiamond, BoOmxBiG, MinorThreat, Riceeman,
WesleyFG, AtomicReactor, Segesi, Gigatom, ThunderDove

& all of the amazing Game Developers on PC for all the inspiration!
If I missed your name for anything, please let me know!

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
To be completely honest here, pal, there's not much I have to critique. XD
Storyline seems different from the others around here. And although you're using public tiles that have been seen in other games, you certainly use them in a way that makes your game look unique, if that makes sense.

Keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
Finally NeoEras is back!
I really loved the old style, and I think
you are one of the largest Pokecommunity mappers,
I've always loved maps of all ages always Neo
full of many details that completed the gameplay
the game and the desire to see new images always
this style often used by all BW-HGSS,
is well used in your maps, and I hope soon to see new updates, the pallets are in great combination.
Give more information about the fakemon in this game

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
The only bad thing I could say is, "Another fire-cat starter?"

I agree with Cilerba: the graphics are being used in a very lovely, fresh way. I like it. And that female starter is just lovely. So blonde. <3

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
Hey, I wouldn't mind spriting for this. Your sprites could use a bit of work.

So, PM me about it? The interfaces and maps look amazing by the way.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
The only bad thing I could say is, "Another fire-cat starter?"

I agree with Cilerba: the graphics are being used in a very lovely, fresh way. I like it. And that female starter is just lovely. So blonde. <3

Years
*randomly tumbles in*

Aww, there's been fire cat starters before? I personally love Hineko the most out of our three starters <3

The thread is beautiful, Krimmsy~! :'D

*tumbles back out, unnoticed*

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I must agree with CruciFICTION, Alot a fire starters are cats lately, you should think about that.
I can't criticize much else, It just looks that good!! <3

blue

gucci
Years
This looks really good, I love the layout and the format you have used in the OP and the screens look great, keep at it!

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Thanks for all the comments, guys :D

As for the fire cat, to be fair I've been using that starter for 3 years now xD While I'm open to change and suggestions for the rest of our Pokedex, the starters are likely going to stay the same. I'm too attached to them~ D:

Speaking of starters, I'll be making a little snippet about them which will be up later this week. I may have a few new screens before then but that'll depend on school. And again, I really appreciate the comments!

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
As for the fire cat, to be fair I've been using that starter for 3 years now xD While I'm open to change and suggestions for the rest of our Pokedex, the starters are likely going to stay the same. I'm too attached to them~ D:
That's fair enough. I just felt the need to bring it up. :p

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Eh. Lot of issues I see with this. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the better presented games in the Showcase right now, but when it comes to visuals I have a lot of criticism. Anyway, I'll start with the storyline. It seems fairly standard, though I think you need to give it a little more sensationalism. There's nothing enticing about it when I look at it currently, no actual talk of Pokemon, no real insight to the region and its history, I think you need to outline some sort of legend, surely you have some sort of legendary Pokemon. Try including it some how.

Going through your screens:

Spoiler:
I like the idea of swimming, though you have a clash of style in a couple places Those trees are really out of Pokemon style. I'll have some tiles o suit if you ever need them. They definitely need changing. The water seems pretty out of style, is it stock? It needs editing to meet the palettes better, or perhaps you need a more detailed one. The Slowpoke also needs a shadow.

You mapping needs a bit of work too. Here, here and here I can see tile errors in trees, namely missing edges, which are actually seen in most screenshots and not just those three. The grass tile you're using is pretty blotchy and not really detailed enough, I would recommend changing it as it's just too contrasted between the light green and the base green. The tree stumps you use, are also quite out of style, I'd have one or two I'd recommend you use instead. Your mountains need editing also, they're a completely different style to your ledges, and in fact they're meant for games with non-outlined tiles. Though your mapping does need work, as I say, the tall grass is quite iffy in a few places too. Your overworld could do with some work also. Your buildings need bigger doors too, they're FR/LG sized and you're using HGSS OW's.

However, in saying all this, I'm being quite negative I know, but there's so many positive points. The scripting looks pretty tight I have to say. The GUI's and such seem pretty cool, and overall style and quality of this is impressive. I'm jealous of that world map too! If you're in need of any assistance with the things I've mentioned, with graphics, mapping, anything (not to say you're not capable yourself), just let me know. Your game has a lot of potential and it's something I'd take pleasure in helping with if you needed me to.

At any rate, best of luck with this project, you seem quite knowledgeable so you should take this far.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Eh. Lot of issues I see with this. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the better presented games in the Showcase right now, but when it comes to visuals I have a lot of criticism. Anyway, I'll start with the storyline. It seems fairly standard, though I think you need to give it a little more sensationalism. There's nothing enticing about it when I look at it currently, no actual talk of Pokemon, no real insight to the region and its history, I think you need to outline some sort of legend, surely you have some sort of legendary Pokemon. Try including it some how.

Going through your screens:

Spoiler:
I like the idea of swimming, though you have a clash of style in a couple places Those trees are really out of Pokemon style. I'll have some tiles o suit if you ever need them. They definitely need changing. The water seems pretty out of style, is it stock? It needs editing to meet the palettes better, or perhaps you need a more detailed one. The Slowpoke also needs a shadow.

You mapping needs a bit of work too. Here, here and here I can see tile errors in trees, namely missing edges, which are actually seen in most screenshots and not just those three. The grass tile you're using is pretty blotchy and not really detailed enough, I would recommend changing it as it's just too contrasted between the light green and the base green. The tree stumps you use, are also quite out of style, I'd have one or two I'd recommend you use instead. Your mountains need editing also, they're a completely different style to your ledges, and in fact they're meant for games with non-outlined tiles. Though your mapping does need work, as I say, the tall grass is quite iffy in a few places too. Your overworld could do with some work also. Your buildings need bigger doors too, they're FR/LG sized and you're using HGSS OW's.

However, in saying all this, I'm being quite negative I know, but there's so many positive points. The scripting looks pretty tight I have to say. The GUI's and such seem pretty cool, and overall style and quality of this is impressive. I'm jealous of that world map too! If you're in need of any assistance with the things I've mentioned, with graphics, mapping, anything (not to say you're not capable yourself), just let me know. Your game has a lot of potential and it's something I'd take pleasure in helping with if you needed me to.

At any rate, best of luck with this project, you seem quite knowledgeable so you should take this far.

Hey, a critic xD

I agree with most of what you've pointed out, actually. There really isn't an excuse about the missing tree edges (Sort of overlooked them) but I'll go back and find where I've forgotten them. Unfortunately you caught the graphics in that awkward transition phase so your critic is helping me tighten up the look of it. BUT I have changed a few of the errors already, most notably the ledges. I've been working on getting more HGSS styled houses implemented, it's just been a matter of getting used to the new door animations and finding the resources. I actually didn't think about the mountains o.o I could probably find an alternative somewhere or ask for permission about altering the ones I have. And yeah, my overworld is pretty derpy. I'm by no means a spriter but I'm working on it /shot

But about the grass... I actually kinda like the grass XD. But improving it or finding a different style is completely an option as well. I really appreciate your offer for alternatives as well. I'll shoot you a PM about them. /resource hungry.

And thanks for the comments and everything :D And again thanks for the critic, I'll definitely be working on tightening up the graphics.

/Sorry if this is a bit incoherent or if I forgot anything. It's early morning at the moment e_e

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

I loved the old neo eras ( and the custom 3rd gen look) and I love what you have going on here. Keep up the beautiful work dude :)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
It`s always good to see some of the older proects back! Especially this one.
you don`t know how that made me happy. NeoEras was the game that INSPIRED me to create Uranium ( 10/08 =p), also it was one of th most popular back then. Anyways, your project is looking better than ever, and I wish yo good luck with develloping this game!

Years
Quite visually appealing although there are some problems here and there. Mainly, I just hope you have revamped your sprites, such as your starters and (like Abnegation pointed out) that tree tile on the sand.

I still think this game has amazing potential though, keep it up, friend.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Thank you for the comments you guys!

AtomicReactor - Thanks :D A few people have stated that they prefer the previous graphic scheme, but I'm glad to hear you like this new one. I know I'm using public things, but hopefully in due time I'll be able to tailor a nice spiffy look for it again o: Also long time no speak. How've ya been?

JV - Hey thanks! Uranium is awesome; I'm so jealous of all the progress you've made on it xD

Logiedan - If I pick up some spriters or something then I will definitely revamp our older looking sprites. But at the moment all of the original spriters that made them have retired/gone away xD so hopefully at SOME POINT.

Alright so I've been working on changing and adding some tiles, mapping, and a lot of miscellaneous graphic stuff. However I'm not really ready to show any of it but since its been awhile, I figured I might as well show a teaser.

InitiationCombat.png

Please excuse the use of Lyra's backsprite D: It's just a place holder until I can get a redone one for our Heroine.

Atomic Reactor

You always did work little edits into the old eras that made it stand out beautifully, and there's no doubt in my mind that you will here as well. <3

And I've been good, but this is not the place to discuss our personal lives XD

Oh and I love the battle scene. Though I would love to see some custom bases :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
I love this Game! It looks great! I can't wait to see more of this!

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
baha okay I'm back again with some more tangible updateness. I've been going at mapping and eventing South Outa's first metropolis, Maresia City. lemme tell ya, it hasn't been easy xD BUT it IS coming along and I'm quite happy with certain aspects of it. So I'm here to go ahead and give you guys a few teaser screenshots~ :D

PokePilot.png
Nathaniel.png

...and some justification for my obsession with slowpoke >:

Slowpokes.png

Although they're all over the place, Slowpoke don't actually mingle in with the wild Pokemon when they migrate to Outa. So really, they're difficult to catch.

So there's a bit more of what I've been working on lately! There's a big update type of thing that I really want to do but I've been rather busy with school and whatnot. Hopefully I'll get what I need together so I can update you guys with something more interesting than a few teaser screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back