• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
There are so many new Pokemon that I want to train in the new games, I can't decide who to chose. As for the starters, I'll wait until their final evolutions are revealed, but for now, I'm leaning towards Froakie/Frogadier, the Water-type starter...

... and speaking of Water, I'm back to training my Water team, yay! I got bored of EV training for HP -- no more Stunfisk for me, ever! So I decided to train while exploring some of the post-game area that I've been to lazy to visit yet. I took Sidef pronounced sea-deaf, it means mother-of-pearl the Gorebyss and Del the Chinchou with me, and head out to the Relic Passage, with the final goal of catching Volcarona in the final chamber of the Relic Castle. I'm aiming for Defense and Special Defense EVs, while using a Power Weight for the HP EVs. I've had some luck with a couple of trainers who used Sandslash, Roggenrola, Yamask and Baltoy, though I wasn't able to find the exit to the Desert Resort from Volcarona's chamber. That I managed to catch in a Dusk Ball eventually, even though I wanted to do it with a Luxury Ball :( first world Pokemon problems

Also, congrats on the Hall of Fame, Pacifist! The question now is, what to do next?

And Kirou, you can get a Stantler from the Pleasant Forest in the DW, or from the Abundant Shrine, but only in B/W. If you don't have those games, I can breed one for you, just VM me whenever :)

Last edited:

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
Well looks like I haven't been here for a while so small update then a big update
UPDATE: Well I certainly hate battling team magma and aqua but I most certainly hate battling the elite 4 I almost fainted my strongest pokemon but hooray for potions and my berries and well everything else so wish me luck with Wallace and Steven.

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Spoiler:

Well thanks for the offer MIAU but for now I will EV train my crew across the vast seas of Unova, and then we will go for Treasure hunting.
Do you guys heard about the Abyssal Ruins if i am correct that is located in Undella bay if you have a Dive you can go there and collect some relics and elemental plates (the one that Arceus use) and when you sell it on the Tycoon in the mansion in Undella you can get about 2M PokeDollars. Well I tried it and it is true. Well even though you are not done yet on E4 you can get a Wailmer and train it until lvl 41 to learn Dive. (Don't make it evolved at 40). Well just sharing....

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Yeah, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth ^_^

So I decided to take out the achievements section in the OP, since I've failed to update it until now and I probably won't be able to anyway, since I'm trying to pick up some new hobbies in real life, like cooking and stuff. Instead, I'm gonna keep it up with the sprints, since you guys seemed to enjoy the idea, I was really glad to see the cool pirate Pokemon you've come up with! The next sprint will start on October 1st, so we still have one week of pirate shenanigans.

Kirou mentioned treasure hunting in the Abyssal Ruins, and while that's quite piratey, and also very lucrative, I also enjoy a different kind of treasure hunting, or should I say, stealing, hehe. Using Thief on a wild Pokemon steals its item and the ability Frisk reveals whether the wild Pokemon is holding an item, but you can do without too. Do you guys hunt for items using Thief? Recently I've been EV training my Sharpedo for Speed, and I was also able to hunt for a DeepSeaTooth at the same time, using Thief on the wild Basculin.

And speaking of that, I'll try resuming training my Water team tonight, seems like I started on it ages ago! Are you guys having more luck with training, how is everyone?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

THE POKEMON TRAINER ASSOCIATION SPRINT
- October 2013: NEW BEGINNINGS -

With the start of the month, we kick off our new Trainer Sprint for this October with a fitting theme: new beginnings. Not only will we be welcoming Pokemon X and Pokemon Y this month, thus marking the beginning of the sixth generation, but we'll also be remembering our first adventures and partners in our games.

The Sprint will again last for a month, and along with our normal club activity, everyone is invited to:
  • post updates on their training progress, discuss training topics and share tips
  • participate in the Sprint's Trainer Project and mini-events that may occur throughout the month
  • discuss the Sprint's topics on various training matters

Trainer Project

To celebrate the joy of starting fresh, the Trainer Project this month will focus on Pokemon that are obtainable early in the game, so either starter Pokemon or Pokemon that can be captured before the first three gyms. Note that you don't have to restart your game to participate, nor do you have to train your Pokemon in its respective game, so you can very well train Turtwig or Poochyena in post-game Unova.

Of course, the project was designed with the upcoming games in mind, so here's hoping that everyone will share their training progress for their starters and new partners once the games are out, but if you're looking to do some training while you wait for the 12th of October, why not try out a starter you've never used before or one of those Route 1 Pokemon you've skipped?

Participants: Pacifist, kirou12, Zebz213, xMikasax

Sprint Topics

Starter Talk

The starter tends to be a Trainer's main Pokemon; it is after all their first partner in their new journey. But why is that? Do you find starters particularly easier to train than other Pokemon? Is your starter your lead Pokemon and usually a few levels higher than the rest of your party? Have you ever abandoned a starter, and why did you do it?

Last edited:

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Sorry i have been inactive for quite a while and i couldnt finish the last sprint.
Well but this time im going to finish this one!

Im going to do a Run through Crystal with Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil and Sentret! its going o be really awesome im really excited to start playing! i will most likely start this run tomorrow

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
I think everyone here knows my starter Kenji (Samurott)
Well i think that starter pokemons are easy to train and their affection level is high too as you get them. Well for this month I think I will use my save file in Fire Red.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
Hey guys I haven't been online because of some stuff but great news i'm replaying my pokemon platinum (because I can't buy Pokemon Y because I have no money and 3DS)
and haved any of you guys heard of the 2DS? Because i'm searching for one in the internet but some of my friends think that it's just a joke for fun.

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
@Mikasa

No, the 2ds are real and I think they will be released in the market somewhere in October I think.

Here is the video and Nintendo is the one who posted this
Thanks for the help kirou12 I really hope that they will come here soon in the Philippines because here in the Philippines we like cheap but awesome stuff and X and Y here is a craze now even my friends scream at me to buy them a copy of one of the games.

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
I'll participate in the new trainer sprint once X and Y comes out. I believe that a starter is the main pokemon because you gain the first few levels with and you strengthen your bond with it first. I've never abandoned a starter unless it was for competitive battling or a special challenge (Nuzlocke).

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
I'll participate in the sprint also because I saw in some websites that the 2ds will be released in the same day X and Y is released and it's very cheap here so no trouble for me from now on and Pokemon X and Y is only 1,600 PHP here.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
@Mikasa, the 2DS is basically a cheaper console that lets you play 3DS games without them being 3D. Great to hear you'll be able to participate with X or Y, I'm also really excited about the games ^^

Though don't forget, guys, that you're still welcome to post any progress in training even if it's not sprint related. Well, I admit that I haven't been able to train much these past couple of weeks.

Kirou and Dylan, I guess that's true, since it's the first partner you get when you start your journey, I guess you do get more emotionally attached to it. I tend to treat the Pokemon in my team equally though, so my lead usually changes a lot, depending on who I'm training at the moment, so the levels are also usually even among my Pokemon. In gen 5 games, I've used all three starters; Snivy was my first Pokemon ever, Cleo was her nickname, and for half the game, she had awful moves and I was very clueless about how to use her correctly until I got how STAB and type effectiveness worked. My second starter was coincidentally also a female, Loreley the Samurott. Both made it into the Hall of Fame, but I admit that I have ditched Pi the Pignite in my B2. I'm not sure why, I just wasn't able to find him a spot in the team, so I boxed him. He never even got to evolve into an Emboar :(

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
I guess that's why I usually end up never having my starter leave my party but although I haven't been able to play much pokemon (University and GTA has been really time consuming) I have been training an NU team consisting of Meganium, Liepard, Absol, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, and un undecided member (hoping for a Gardevoir). Now that I look back it looks like a very feminine team, oh and a question for MIAU, how do you know my name?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
So my game wouldn't start earlier, that was freaky o_O

I want to resume some training I was doing with my Water team tonight -- yeah, I keep saying that. Currently, my team's levels range from 30 to 70, so I'll be doing some training at the sports domes in Nimbasa and then I'll head to Victory Road, or should I do some more EV training?

I guess that's why I usually end up never having my starter leave my party but although I haven't been able to play much pokemon (University and GTA has been really time consuming) I have been training an NU team consisting of Meganium, Liepard, Absol, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, and un undecided member (hoping for a Gardevoir). Now that I look back it looks like a very feminine team, oh and a question for MIAU, how do you know my name?

Same here, except it's work and TS3 -- actually, in Sims Medieval I just started a new kingdom called Unova, guess what I called the king, hehe. Oh, and I tend to just call people with the names they put in their AKA field, you know, that shows up when you hover over the username.

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
I resume my liquid Crystal now because i want to trainer my Magby because i win six badges for far and seven'th gym leader is ice type so If my magby evol into magmar he will be main part of my team to beat gym leader...

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I just finished my Pokemon crystal run with the starters and it was a hell of a lot of fun, and i have been playing a lot of Pokemon X lately i just defeated the 3rd gym and im really liking the game so far, about starters i got Chespin and Bulbasaur but i left them both behind (never even used Bulbasaur) since i dont really like Chespin final evo and Mega Mawile > Mega Venusaur and what is going on with you people? have you guys played X/Y yet?
oh and i was thinking about sharing our friend codes mine is : 4038-6209-7994

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Good job on the Crystal run, Pacifist!

And I've been playing Pokemon X as well, it's such a great game! By the time I got my 2nd badge, I had already played for 24 hours, all the new features are just so amazing, badges and such can wait, hehe.

Anyway, I chose Froakie and Charmander as my starters. Froakie because she's a ninja, how cool is that? And Charmander because I'm still under the effects of Pokemon Origin, and my boyfriend really likes Mega Charizard X.

Now, about training in this game; it may be the effects of the new Exp. Share, that I eventually turned off, and the boosted experience gain for Pokemon you've played a lot with in Amie, plus the fact that I've been farming the Battle Chateau for money, but I think I already have about two full teams that I've been training, with some Pokemon pushing level 40, while I've yet to challenge Clemont, whose team I think is just under level 35. What do you guys think? To me, it just feels so easy to gain experience. Which is super fun, since less grinding = more time to enjoy the new features, plus I get to train more Pokemon ^^

Oh, and I'll post my FC too then: 3153 - 4016 - 5784 :)

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Ugh the club has been so inactive and thats so sad :c i wonder what we could do to make it as active as it was sometime ago.
and thanks for the FC MIAU you have a really good Friend Safari with Wartortle Poliwhirl and Bibarel
At the moment im trying to concentrate in completing my Kalos pokedex to get the Oval charm and to hatch a shiny Snorunt with the Masuda method, the Kalos dex is going to be really easy its just going to take some time the only problem is that i think that i have to get Moltres and Zapdos too which is going to be a pain, and im testing some teams at the Pokemon showdown to determine which team i should build ingame so yeah for now im not doing much training.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Cool! Everyone seems to be playing X/Y right now. Anyone else actually not own a copy yet? I don't since I haven't got my hands on a 3DS, but from the looks so far it sounds pretty promising. What's everyone up to in their games, anyone doing something like shiny hunting/breeding projects? I imagine completing the national pokedex of X/Y would be almost impossible- with about over 700 or so monsters. That's just insane. XD

Anyway, I haven't actually gotten up to anything in the pokemon franchise recently. I think I might go back and play some older games! I've never actually played anything before Gen 4 (or at least finished it), so I might do a playthrough of Crystal if I have time. Gonna be good. :]

Back