• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yes, It's a good work!
But how you go to put a name to Rival after the Battle?
It's all Good-Bye and Good Luck!

Of course you can't. Well, in reality, you named him at the beginning of the game, anyway...

Very Good as usual Zel, Silver sprite it's a bit shorty xD, but it's okay, hehe. At last you put the Runnig Shoes, i'm tired of walk and walk, it's time to run! I like all the screens. Keep it up Zel!

Yes, I realized I was making a lot of people suffer... XD
Now you'll walk for a while and then mom gives us the shoes (basically what the guys from Nintendo always do. Make us walk for a while, then run...)

OK. Here's the second set of screenshots. Not much, but you'll see the "change of look" of the Sprout Tower and some new trainer sprites from Enrico Marini (he makes this hack look a bit more original, right? :D)

image08cr8.png
image09oy4.png
image10jn9.png
image11oz6.png

Well, I go back to bed. I'm pretty sure those who wanted a challenge will really have a challenge in SGX (at least you'll need a few hours of training between gyms) I just hope the game makes good use of the movesets I give, jojo!

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
I don't really like the OW Elder sprite. I mean, he doesn't really blend in with the other guys. He just looks nothing like a sage. If you want to use him, that's fine by me.

GO SHINY GOLD!!!

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
Years
Wow thats an amazing Fire Breather Sprite Zel it looks just like the guy from the original Gold (exep with alot more colour) and i hope you catch up to Pokemon Ice (in posts) !

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Those screenshots look so vibrant. For the Sprout Tower, you used some of the graphics from the original GSC, right? :D The overworld sprite of the monk still looks like an ordinary old man (which you will fix up when you get everything done, hopefully), but other than that you're really putting lots of effort into this hack. The sprites look just like the ones from the original (only better), and the Sprout Tower looks like so realistic - the screens really depict the Pokemon world. Good job Zel, and never say die! ;)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Wow, this game is looking so awesome Zel, it amazing how far you have gotten. Graphics are great and the scirpting is pretty freakin' good aswell. I can't wait to play the 3rd Beta, from what ive seen it looks fantastic mate, keep up the good work.

Ive been watching the development of this for a bit now and you make so much progress in so little time. spectacular job.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
looks like you imported my trainer sprite incorrectly...You should just import it in UNLZ-gba...And you export image and palette...Because the colors look wrong in some places.Compare your screen shot with the original:
image03io2.png
gold2.png

And... good job with this hack so far, you are doing a great job!

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Wow! Great job zel! The Sprout Tower and Berry trees look very good :)
Can't wait for B3!

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Ok...

1. A few days ago Zel said it'll be released next week sometime.
2. In the FAQ section Zel wrote:
Q: How about fourth generation poke?
A: Nope. There should be enough poke to have enough fun.
So no, there wont be Sinnoh pokemon in the game...

burny_2005

Nintendo Wii = Ownage in a box
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen May 31, 2011
This game isn't meant to be bought for GBA...you should be playing this on the computer only...and if you paid for it you've got ripped off...
No thats not supposed to happen...it must've on got patched to an unclean rom or something because thats certainly not meant to happen.

SAY NO TO PIRATES!

=)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
awesome screenshots man can't wait for more!! the new sprite tower look really gives it an authentic feel

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Thanks for the comments, guys! Well, credits for trainers go to Enrico Marini and Red, as I told you. I'm mainly inserting them (and doing slight changes, I can't resist to have my "touch" in everything... lol :D)
And, yes, I like the tower tiles also... But, remember, I'm not a huge fan of tile changing, but I can do it when I want, as you see...

I don't really like the OW Elder sprite. I mean, he doesn't really blend in with the other guys. He just looks nothing like a sage. If you want to use him, that's fine by me.

Well... When I get a better idea of which OW can be "killed"... I'll make new OWs.

looks like you imported my trainer sprite incorrectly...You should just import it in UNLZ-gba...And you export image and palette...Because the colors look wrong in some places.Compare your screen shot with the original:

Well... It seemed a bit opaque when I inserted it, so I made it a little more brighty... You don't care, do you? (I couldn't resist... as I said previously... jojo!)

More old screenies!

image12am5.png
image13ex8.png
image14jz7.png
image15ey5.png

More new trainer sprites. And you get a sure Zigzag from the guy in Illex... (just remember it'll go to your PC if you don't have room for it in your party)

I don't have much "old" screenshots, so you'll see a bit more of the Lighthouse in my next screens release today, and tomorrow I'll start posting the new things!

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
WOW zel, i like, and much, the Beauty Sprite! The only bad point, is, then the original is blue-colored yours are other color, but it's greaaaat any way, it's most original that way xD. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2007
this game is like a dream come true to me. i have always wanted to play a gsc game with awesome graphics and everything revamped.

pdesai91

Hack Fan
Years
Think bout making a flash game?

hey zel,

since you're like the best at hex editing and making maps and stuff i thought you might be interested in making a Pokemon Flash game. You could make it like online with a bunch of trainers and stuff and it would be rele cool

think bout this after shineygold is done

SHINEYGOLD looks great so far and I hope you finish it soon!

good luck.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Hmm...that raises a question pdesai91, what will Zel do after Shiny Gold is done? Well, not like it matters now, but it would be cool if Zel continued to make such cool hacks that aren't remakes. Anyway, he's hacking Shiny Gold, and that's that! :laugh:

Well, I for one should give credit to Enrico Marini and Red for helping you out with the graphic, because those screenshots really, how would I type it, interpret and bring life to your hack, as well as creating a 'feel' to the hack, both new and nostalgic. I guess it's always good to redo or improve some things along the way, so the end result will be great. Keep it up Zel and all those helping Zel out! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back