• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anybody else think that Sinnoh was the best region?

blue

gucci
Years
I agree. Sinnoh is definitely up there tied with Hoenn as my favourite region, it was much different to the previous three regions and it seemed so much larger with much more places to explore through several different terrains.

Years
I really have never and still cant get into sinnoh for some reason just seems forced and lacking something. I like the new pokes in it but the games didnt play as well as the others. My favorite would have to be either johto or hoenn.

To many HMS in sinnoh

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Johto will forever remain my favorite region. Loved the terrain, music, everything there was about it. Sinnoh was definatly up there though. Probably my second favorite. Loved the music for the region, it made it immersive for me.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Yep! Sinnoh is my favourite region by far. Its varied climate, beautiful scenery (which was pretty good for its time) and diverse offering of Pokemon are particularly appealing features. Sure, it lacked Fire-types at first, but Platinum delivered them and just made Sinnoh all the more interesting. Sinnoh's music is catchy and fun to listen to, and the Poketch was a nifty feature which added depth to the game. The story was a little bit 'meh', but I don't find any of the stories particularly appealing, so that's a moot point.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Online now
Well...my favourite region isn't really a region...but it also isn't Sinnoh. The Johto-Kanto landmass is probably my favourite region - there's just so much to do, and the aesthetics of the entire game are just...great, possibly better than Unova in Black (everything in Black's crisper, whereas in HeartGold everything's got smooth edges) - or perhaps Hoenn, but maybe that's just nostalgia.
Sinnoh's definitely a good region, if a little disappointing that there's so little water (obviously to counter Emerald's abundance). Especially in Platinum, where they gave it a bit more character and the towns look less...samey. The Battle Zone in particular is greatly improved in Platinum. The variation in the routes - grass, water, snow, bog etc. is brilliant, and the music is really good too.
Although I wouldn't say its my favourite, Sinnoh definitely gets a 4/5 at least. I'd struggle to choose a favourite region, Sinnoh wouldn't be it, but it'd rank above Unova.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Me too! I have played every game since the the first generation, but Sinnoh is my favorite region ever. It is colorful and different and it has the most amount of pokemon that I like.

@GoldMalik- Yeah, it does stand out. That is another reason why it is my favorite region. It is unique among the other regions.

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
I enjoy all generations and regions of Pokemon. However, Sinnoh is actually my least favorite :/ I think that Sinnoh was kind of the region where they started adding a bunch of unneeded legendaries, that's really the main turn off for me. Also, it seems like the type of people who always call people "genwunners" or "untrue fans" for not liking a few of the newer pokemon all seem to praise sinnoh (not trying to create a stereotype or blame anyone, just saying that that's a personal experience that has led me to not like the region as much). Again, though, I do still like the region, just not my favorite

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Also, it seems like the type of people who always call people "genwunners" or "untrue fans" for not liking a few of the newer pokemon all seem to praise sinnoh.

Hmm, I have never heard of this and it doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't those who like the newer generations more than the originals be the 'untrue fans'? Not being around for or disliking the regions which begun the franchise to me better defines the term.

I am not calling anyone an 'untrue fan', I don't believe anyone is. I speak only from an analyzing perspective.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Online now
I don't think you could really argue anyone is an "untrue fan" except perhaps someone who prefers spin-offs to the main series games. As somebody who didn't play Gen I, but did play the re-makes, I can see why Kanto is praised so much (it's a bit like Star Wars, yes the graphics are vastly better in Revenge of the Sith, but A New Hope is timeless). But I can't really see how Kanto on its own (Without Johto) can be argued as vastly superior to Sinnoh.

Years
I still look back at Sinnoh with really fond memories, I haven't played any of the Sinnoh games for at least three years now, but I still don't think it compares to the first three regions. It was still brilliant though and ten times better than Unova will ever be.

Last edited:

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
Hmm, I have never heard of this and it doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't those who like the newer generations more than the originals be the 'untrue fans'? Not being around for or disliking the regions which begun the franchise to me better defines the term.

What I mean by this is that people who prefer the newer gens usually think that people who don't only like Kanto and think that all others are terrible. That's what I meant by "calling people genwunners or untrue fans just for disliking a few of the newer pokemon designs"

Years
to me,yes,becuse in sinoh there were allot of cool new pokemon added,but more important then that,all the old pokemon were armed with their 2nd and 3rd evolutions and that is mainly why people like this reagon,if they are awear of it or not.

TreeTerraGames

Youtuber - Pokemon
Years
I think it was the best region as in terms of design and layout and it featured the best starter (in my opinion) and it was my first ever game (Diamond) but in terms of wild pokémon I've got to say Hoenn is the best in my opinion :).

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Sinnoh is my favorite region. In the first place, it's amazing in terms of design. In the second place, I like my game to last, and there are lots of things to do in this one. It was pretty addictive how Rowan sent you from one errand to another... um, I mean, how the adventure proceeded. Barry annoyed me initially (I named him "Pest" in my first Platinum walkthrough :D ), but now he's one of my favorite rivals- he actually has a personality and he shows character growth. I love the starters as well as the wild Pokemon. Team Galactic, admittedly, was meh. Personally, I think every evil plot is inferior to BW's. Also, it was slightly annoying that we needed so many useless HMs. The E4 was actually slightly challenging (see Lucian) and Cynthia was... Cynthia.

JawDane

Here for the Nostalgia
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
I'd say Johto was my favorite. Music was nice and the overall feeling of playing Gen II games *thumbs up* to that.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
I thought it was a really good region overall and was really good. I preferred it to Hoenn because of the huge amount of surfing needed in the Hoenn region, but Mt. Coronet was a pain for me. However the region was really well done and I enjoyed every city and they all stand out in my memory. I thought Underground was a really good feature as well and Team Galactic were my favourite team and I don't even know why. I found Cyrus really interesting and Saturn was a stand-out for me as an Admin

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Hoenn would have to be my favourite. abundance of water plus the luscious green forests, long grass. ect.

but overall id much rather play the jhoto / kanto regions any day.

Back