• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Using previous save states isn't actually possible [don't know anyone who could do it]. Restart your game, as JJK said.

ke14nt

king of Kingz
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
hey just want to ask u guys... were did this game really end?? can i go to pallet town or ot just in fuschia?? i'm just waiting for the nx beta for 5 months now and there is still no beta 6..

crazyq11

HI Glad to meet you =)
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 29, 2008
hi i just started playing this hack today and i wanted to say thanks for all your hard work because its a really fun and great game plus silver/gold was my first poke games and this brings back memories so thanks again and i hope you have good luck in all you do =)

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
Years
Well, I didn't have any problems exporting my old B4 save to B5 (In VBA, Export Battery on your old save and Import Battery on the new beta). I doubt you can even patch savestates over so exporting and importing the main save file is the best way to try to do it.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Using a previous beta save is possible, as long as Zel hasn't switched maps between beta's. If he has switched maps, save the previous beta save in a pokemon center.

Although it is not recommended to use a previous beta save, since it can mess up events in the next beta and other weird glitches.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Actually i have a question for Clonex if he/she happens to be around. I noticed you contributed to the remixing of the music and I've listened to your remixes on your thread, I have to ask this: What was the prog you used for remixing? Sorry if this isnt relevent to the SG convo but yea cant pm you.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
I have a question for you Zel,will you add the starters signature moves as in Frenzy Plant,Blast Burn andHydro Cannon?

Looking forward for B6! its gonna be a blast.

Last edited:

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I have a question for you Zel,will you add the starters signature moves as in Frenzy Plant,Blast Burn andHydro Cannon?

Looking forward for B6! its gonna be a blast.
Plz delete the other part of your post, we're trying to keep it secret
And those three moves were available in FR in the form of move tutor, they will probably be so in the final beta, but we're not sure what to do with the move tutors yet.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2015
OK, I have a problem. OK, I read about fixing it so it will save, but I'm using the Wii Version of VBA. I can't save, and it's the only way I can play. Please help.

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2008
I have an emulator called GPSphone on my ipod touch, i have a few pokemon games on there that i can play. Is there a sendspace link for the actually shiny gold game?

btw the game looks amazing :D

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I have an emulator called GPSphone on my ipod touch, i have a few pokemon games on there that i can play. Is there a sendspace link for the actually shiny gold game?

btw the game looks amazing :D
There is no "actual shiny gold", if you're refering to a rom with it. You need to have a clean (new) Firered rom (wich we can give you a link for) and use a patching program (google "IPSWin 2.0") to patch the file you download from the 1st page to that rom. Info here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73966

Last edited by a moderator:

Zennerick

The Researcher
Years
I do have one problem with this game. When first starting the game, and you encounter "Carlos",
his Slowbro is extremely annoying. He overuses Yawn and Curse too much.
It's hard for me to get past the first part. So my question is... WHY?!

Back