• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chat box

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't know if it's possible or if it's necessary, but maybe we could implement a small pop up chat box to chat with other people. I think it's more convenient rather than having to go on the bigger chatbox to chat with other people.

Instead of having to go on the chatbox or leaving a message on the other person's profile to talk to them and having to refresh the page to know if someone wrote on your profile. The bigger chatbox is good for talking to multiple people, but what about when only two people wanna talk to each other but don't wanna go through the hassle of going on the big chatbox? They could just use the smaller chat box to chat, while going through the forums without switching tabs.

That's just my opinion tho, I don't know if that's possible to do.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I don't think that that would be necessary, it could end up as a spambox instead. You should be more patient & wait for the 'short' 45 seconds. Altho staff members don't have to wait if I'm not mistaken.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think it's really necessary. You could always go on the bigger chatbox (aka PC chat) and double click a name and send a message to them, and it'll come up instantly and it'll autorefresh and everything, so you can talk one on one with someone else. It's also not that much hassle if you just go to mibbit, type in the details (as mentioned in the chatroom information thread) and boom you're there :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't think it's really necessary. You could always go on the bigger chatbox (aka PC chat) and double click a name and send a message to them, and it'll come up instantly and it'll autorefresh and everything, so you can talk one on one with someone else. It's also not that much hassle if you just go to mibbit, type in the details (as mentioned in the chatroom information thread) and boom you're there :)

Oh ok thanks, I never knew about that one. I always talked to everyone on the public channel. Thought it would be the same thing for everyone else. :)

Sirfetch’d

Or you could always come on PCs server on Pokemon Showdown and have a friendly chat and even enjoy battles

Back