• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TC Revamp [thx for the feedback <3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
What would you like to see in Trade Corner?

Feel free to post any comments, concerns, ideas, suggestions, etc on how to improve Trade Corner.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
You already know most of what I want here, but I'll post them here so others can comment on them. B)

• Separate Quick Trade Threads. One for Pokemon and one for Misc. Misc being Items, Evolution Trades etc.
  • Graveyard Sub-Forum so all the locked threads can be moved into it. Good trade threads on this board are being pushed down because "TRAID MAH SQERTLE 4 UR TRECKO"
  • A new Hack Check/Official clone thread. (Made into one thread) With official checks and cloners idk choose them by application? Have different ones for Gen IV/V
  • I think that Stricter rules on random "this for that" threads should be made. Idk. >:

Those are my main suggestions, comment on them and such. :)

matu

Friend Code: 3826-0525-3075
Years
Maybe two different Quick Trade threads. One for Gen 4 and one for Gen 5. If some people don't say, which game they are using, I never know if I can trade with them or not.

Perriechu

Years
Maybe two different Quick Trade threads. One for Gen 4 and one for Gen 5. If some people don't say, which game they are using, I never know if I can trade with them or not.

You've also gotta think about all the topics that will be sticky'd though. ):

Rules
DCC
Clone/Check
Quick Trade Gen IV
Quick Trade Gen V
Quick Trade Gen IV Misc
Quick Trade Gen V Misc.

As you can see there would be 7 sticky topics, which would look quite messy. A new rule in the Quick Trade Thread could be to post your game version as well.

matu

Friend Code: 3826-0525-3075
Years

As you can see there would be 7 sticky topics, which would look quite messy. A new rule in the Quick Trade Thread could be to post your game version as well.

This is actually a great idea. One question though.. How many people will follow that rule? Some new users don't even read the rules. As you pointed out before, there are a lot of "UR MUDKIPZ FUR MAH TRECO" threads. Proves my point.

Perriechu

Years
This is actually a great idea. One question though.. How many people will follow that rule? Some new users don't even read the rules. As you pointed out before, there are a lot of "UR MUDKIPZ FUR MAH TRECO" threads. Proves my point.

Most of the people who post in the Quick Trade Thread read the rule of the QTT. And if they see someone else's post with the correct layout, they may copy. <:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I'm not sure if this will even work since it's been stated before that people don't read, because they're lazy bums, but perhaps adding an announcement alerting people of the use of Pokemon Online to complete trades that have been interrupted by a database error.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I am planning to expand the QTT stickies, so I'd need to know what you traders most prefer. Splitting into Pokemon and Services seems plausible.

QTT Rule #1: "preferably along with your friend code and what Generation you are trading from". It is recommended but not required. Change to required, delete the posts that don't listen.

I think that Stricter rules on random "this for that" threads should be made. Idk. >:
Currently I don't warn/infract unless if repeated offense. You're asking for punishment on first then? PC Staff aren't supposed to delete, for the record.

I'm not sure if this will even work since it's been stated before that people don't read, because they're lazy bums, but perhaps adding an announcement alerting people of the use of Pokemon Online to complete trades that have been interrupted by a database error.
How cool it would be if I had a Twitter for PC's Trade Corner and tweeted when to hit up the trade chatroom on PO / giveaways. does anyone even use twitter haha B)

P.S. I am for offering Cloning services in a regulated fashion. Thoughts ?

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Since Trade Forum is now a forum of it's own I believe sub forums for certain things should be utilized.

Graveyard Forum - Topics will be moved to here without a topic shadow(which just wastes space), the users will know why there topic is locked as usual but it won't take up space on a general board. Now if you can merge threads to Quick Trade Thread without a topic shadow that can work too.

Shops Forum - If you set up a Shops forum they the owners don't have to be inundated with all the small trades bumping down their topics. A shop index could be set up be it by alphabetical order, split into what they trade i.e. events, shiny, ev, combination of many. Then we wouldn't have to worry about multiple Quick Trade threads because the whole Trade Corner can be used as one.

Giveaways and Services - If there is a prevalence of Giveaway topics or services like ev training, cloning, RNGing, etc then we can also have a forum for that. That way users that have shops aren't required to lock their topic because both the shop and the giveaway topic are housed in separate sub forums. And if cloning is allowed you can have an official topic and see where it goes from there. Drawing from the Official Check/Cloning comment earlier yes I think we should have one and have it set up with official hack checkers and cloners, and have the outlines/prerequisites to how you can be an official of either.

As far as multiple Quick Trade Threads I am not seeing the need for them, like I said earlier we are a forum of our own we can just split the forum up into multiple sub forums if need be. Or use the main forum as a quick trade thread. If Giveaways and Services isn't going down then create a bunch of new prefixes like Dex Filler, Trade Back, EV Training, Items.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
How cool it would be if I had a Twitter for PC's Trade Corner and tweeted when to hit up the trade chatroom on PO / giveaways. does anyone even use twitter haha B)

Maybe, but we'd have to see how many trading regulars & newcomers use twitter.

P.S. I am for offering Cloning services in a regulated fashion. Thoughts ?

Cloning will have to be regulated. I can just imagine how wild it can get.
This person stole my pokemon. That person hacked my pokemon. And so on & so forth.

Maybe by the end of a certain time frame the mods can take the best ideas & put them into a poll to let the members vote on what changes they would like to see the most here in TC. Think of it as Trade Corner's Idol.

Perriechu

Years
I don't think having multiple sub-forums for several things is a good idea, tbh. :x It would get rather for confusing for the newest members. IMO.

Years

• Graveyard Sub-Forum so all the locked threads can be moved into it. Good trade threads on this board are being pushed down because "TRAID MAH SQERTLE 4 UR TRECKO"
Those are my main suggestions, comment on them and such. :)

This one i would like to suggest as well. Its so sad seeing 5-6 meaningless new threads which get instalocked in a day pushing nice ones down to page 2.

I would also like to see some guides on improving a threads presentation or a sticky with Pokemon listing forms. Some people here have awesome looking trade threads and i believe having something like a guide to making a thread easier to the eye would be good.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
  • Like everyone else here, I believe a graveyard subforum would be a good idea to reduce the clutter.
  • Another thing that I would like to see is a stickied RNG abuse FAQ/Guide/Help Thread. It would be nice to see more people RNG their own Pokémon. From experience, it's kind of intimidating at first to ask about it in the Daily Chit Chat thread.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
I think the trade center is perfect, the only suggestion I'd make is to make it necessary to post what generation they're trading to/from. I don't think forcing them to put their FCs should be necessary, once a trade is finalized, they can tell them their FC, but I do find it super annoying when I think I've hit gold then we both find out we're trading from different generations.
Maybe even a separate sub-forum like Serebii has it

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
I believe that an official cloning thread would be nice, something like the check my pokemon thread. Have official cloners ready to clone. Though this would become overwhelming after a while without many people cloning at the ready, it is something to think about.

I would also like to see a sticky with instructions on EV training IV breeding and RNGing, I know this would have helped me out when I first began. Plus there are many sites that already have these guides that willingly give them out as long as they receive credit for it.

Years
what about putting a 'member directory' of sorts up, listing the active-inactive skills of longtime/regular members?

such as rare candying, egg moves, ev training, iv breeding, gen 4 to gen 5 'service', move tutoring (like rare tm's from battle subway), or item trading.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I think the trade center is perfect, the only suggestion I'd make is to make it necessary to post what generation they're trading to/from. I don't think forcing them to put their FCs should be necessary, once a trade is finalized, they can tell them their FC, but I do find it super annoying when I think I've hit gold then we both find out we're trading from different generations.
Maybe even a separate sub-forum like Serebii has it
I wouldn't exactly say having half/quater of the threads on the first page locked a perfect situation. Don't we essentially already do that with the prefixes?

I believe that an official cloning thread would be nice, something like the check my pokemon thread. Have official cloners ready to clone. Though this would become overwhelming after a while without many people cloning at the ready, it is something to think about.
The Official Cloning could just be a test drive of sorts. If it goes well maybe branch it all to everyone someday. Cloning can be tedious depending on the amount the users request, but if there isn't may cloners then we can just place limits on the amount a person requests per day.

As far as the guides go has anyone even attempted at compiling one as of yet and running it by the mods?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
The Official Cloning could just be a test drive of sorts. If it goes well maybe branch it all to everyone someday. Cloning can be tedious depending on the amount the users request, but if there isn't may cloners then we can just place limits on the amount a person requests per day.

The amount of people cloning the number of requests and number of clones is the biggest concern. There is also the fact that there are not that many people that would trust others with their more rare pokemon if it was not a mod or vet of the site. So somehow the mods will have to select official cloners for the site, possibly add certain times that the 'shop' is open.

The whole idea of cloning though leads to the problem of having multiple of the exact same pokemon. In theory eventually there will be only one OT and all pokemon will be exactly the same.

As far as the guides go has anyone even attempted at compiling one as of yet and running it by the mods?

There are many sister sites that have them, smogon for sure has some and I know for a fact that they would not mind us making a link or posting the guide itself as long as we state that we got it from there.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It "may" be a big concern. I have taken multiple requests in short periods of time day after day it's a bit tedious but nothing a group of say 10 can't handle unless. I don't know if presenting collateral even matters cause I have seen people present collat and that still doesn't add to the trust cause they scam the people regardless. But if we never establish this trust can't be earned in the first place cause there was never a chance.

I have been Trading since trading was around and I have never occurred this problem anywhere. Sure there will be a mass amount of certain pokemon since they are cloned and reproduced probably by other members. But they will always be new members filtering in wanting their stuff cloned which will add their pokemon into the pot as well. I doubt over abundance of a pokemon(s) will be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back