• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Suggestions Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Finally another get together! YEYUH. I think we should definitely have:
- Isketch game
- Minecraft Event
- WiFi Battle

And I have a bunch of other ideas that I will talk about later if I can think. And I can help host anything if needed (I can host the minecraft server for the event); I will be on all the time when we have this Get-Together! :DDD

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
#Khawill
good idea but maybe we could have it so every week people nominate someones sprites, someones rom hack etc and then the moderator in charge of the youtube channel make a youtube video on the peoples work that gets the most vote (for example if there were 3 categories fanfic,art and rom hack then there would be 3 people who get a youtube video about their work.)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
What if we start a site YouTube channel. It can be where a member or two showcase fanfic, art, and games. It could really boost popularity here and with enough subs we could sign up for google ads and give the money to the site.
It seems apropriate that after 19 years this is made.
But this thread isn't to post ideas to improve the community, there about ideas of events for the get-together. This site also is ten years old, not nineteen.

Sirfetch’d

Shiny Pokemon raffle. Have members donate their legit shinies in a raffle and whoever enters in the event and has their name selected wins a shiny in a trade!

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I would like to see the Design a Pokemon event come back. It's a lot of fun, and was fairly popular last time if I remember correctly.

Years
I can't think of anything specific, but something to tie into the state of the franchise at the time PC opened (Generation II being the current generation, Ruby and Sapphire being in development, etc.) would be nice to have.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
The obligatory Pokémon battling tournament would be neat. We could either stick to the usual point system (use the thread for finding battles, a point given for winning, a point taken for losing, person with the most points wins, etc.), or try something new. The point system is generally the best to use because of the Get-Together's time restrictions. Average elimination tournaments (or really anything with a bracket) are difficult to complete in time. I might post again if I come up with anything...

Also, some gaming events for stuff like Team Fortress 2. Perhaps some sort of launch co-op event for Borderlands 2 if there are enough people that want one and will be getting the game before GT.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So here's my input. I have an idea that is a little more flushed out than simply saying, "Let's do an Egg Swap." My idea is essentially an Egg swap with a little more.

Each participant would breed one egg and post their friend code (Gen V) on the thread. they would have one or two days to swap the egg as much as possible/as much as they want. Then, they hatch the egg, and raise the Pokemon in question as much as possible. On the final day or two, everyone would post their final result, compare, and discuss.

I would like to see this happen, and think it would be a fun alternative to a standard egg swap. I would gladly run it if that's what it takes.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I don't come here very often so chances are some of the things I'm going to post already exist, hahaha.

- Profile contests, maybe? Since you can customise your profile here.
- Icon Contest - make an icon related to a team, the community votes on the best or there are set judges who judge the icons and the best one wins
- Some sort of writing contest?
- Does PC have a Pokemon Online server? If so, MAFIA NIGHT omg
- Secret Santa / Art Swap

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
Activities I will suggest...

- Minecraft Event ( Where we will create something pokemon-ish in Minecraft, upload it here then Mods will have a winner)

- Pixel Art Event

- ISketch

- Small Writing Event

- Logo Creating Contest

- Slogan Contest

- Tournament

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
- Profile contests, maybe? Since you can customise your profile here.

I think that when we've done this before, we had two tiers for it - supporters and non-supporters. The reason for this is that supporters have far more customisation options than non-supporters so judging them against each other would be impossible and unfair. I'm up for it, though, if we do it with the two separate tiers.

- Does PC have a Pokemon Online server? If so, MAFIA NIGHT omg

I believe a small group of battlers on here regular the PO server but I don't think Mafia is a regular, or even known, thing on there. You'd have to ask someone who goes there often though.

- Secret Santa / Art Swap

Can you explain this one?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I completely agree with a logo-making contest! However, I'd suggest that digital and hand-made entries have different competitions for obvious reasons. I'd give that contest a go!

Artists pick other artists, albeit randomly and secretly, and make an icon for them. Each artist can hint what they want the icon to be, but I don't think they can straight-out reveal it. (Artists, thereof, can be replaced as members/users/people.)

Not too sure, though.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I guess all the ones I've wanted have been said:PC SKYPE CALLS, Photography, TF2 Gaming night, Trivia, Movie Nights, Drawing Contests and of course the one and only iSketch.
Funny how I've been a host for every iSketch event since the 2010-11 New Year's Extravaganza but I think I'm gonna let this time pass and enjoy myself by actually doing events this year despite that I'm barely active enough atm

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I believe a small group of battlers on here regular the PO server but I don't think Mafia is a regular, or even known, thing on there. You'd have to ask someone who goes there often though.

There was a channel for it but p much nobody has used it recently, at least. Even still, we swapped to PS now and the userbase is quite small (4-5) so idk.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years

There was a channel for it but p much nobody has used it recently, at least. Even still, we swapped to PS now and the userbase is quite small (4-5) so idk.

Ah, I see. I'm not entirely sure if Pokemon Showdown or w/e it's called can host Mafia games. :s

Pretty much what Zeffy said. A bunch of people sign up in a thread, just giving a vague idea of what they want their icon/banner to look like. After however many days of signing up, sign-ups are closed and the host uses an RNG to assign each person another person for which they need to make an icon for, as per their description. So, for example, Julie might post saying she wants a green icon. Bob has also signed up, and gets a PM from the host saying that he has to make Julie's icon, so he makes a green icon and PMs it to the host. Everyone does this (nobody can tell anyone else whose icon they're making) and then at the end of however many days, the host posts all the icons and who they were made for, but they don't say who made the icons (optional rule). It's basically Kris Kringle/Secret Santa, but online and using icons or banners.

That said, if an Icon Contest is being held, it would probably be best for this to be held later on, ie during Christmas. n_n

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
These two sound fun. Though I'm not sure how the pair a person one would work, could you explain please?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

WELL. To tell you the truth, I haven't fully thought of the ideaaa of pairing a random person lol (it was just a random idea :3) BUT it's around the lines of pairing a person for a day and then of course, doing pairly things.

Putting him/her on your signature/chatting with him/her the whole day/spamming the person's VM wall/etc.

It'll be fun. Getting to know a specific person in a day. :)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Years
I wouldn't mind a Borderlands 2, Halo, or even a fighter game event seeing as MvC Orgins will be released soon.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Yugioh tournament.

RS clan wars? (Divide up into teams of 4 or 5 (Or more/less depending on how many people we get) and see what team is best.)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Ah, I see. I'm not entirely sure if Pokemon Showdown or w/e it's called can host Mafia games. :s
I don't think it can (yet? it's still in beta after all). I can still get the Pokémon Online server up again if there's enough people that want to play mafia. I've always wanted to try it.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
PokeOlympics!

- I know this passed but idk, an event based on Olympic style competition and must involve Pokemon and PC (I'll try making creative ways to do some) and "countries" can be either types or regions, or countries/regions in real life. Again this is only one event. Team with most gold medals win. But its friendly competition of coarse. I can't host, its out of my league. Problem I can see is what mini games can we do. but yeaa that's what i can make up right now.

Soooo it took me a while to think of mini games for this event. So here what i thought of

There will be 5 teams, as in 5 regions (5 Olympic rings, if you know what I mean) if dont know the 5 Pokemon Regions then wooow -_-' Each team will either have 15-20 athletes (I haven't decided on numbers yet)

Each event will have "category mini game" (Solo, double, triple, team)
(Solo) The winning individual with the fastest time/points wins.
(Doubles, Triples, Teams) The team with the best combine total time/and or points wins.

Spoiler:

Yeaaa thats all I can make up right now. And most likely need some planning out and sign upa a weeks or days before the actual get-together starts. It can be fun. Hectic for organizers but a new experience, right? And plus competitors have a chance on winning a gold medal! Bragging rights for your Poke Region. And oh yea and set a World and Olympic Record!

So what you guys think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back