• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Another firsts thread!

What was your first date? Who asked out who? How did you feel when you asked/were asked? What happened during the date? What happened after? What is your relationship with that person like now?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Well you can find part of my answer here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7514803&postcount=2

And on the date? Nothing, really, went to the museum and drew dinosaurs there, then went for lunch. To me, since I wanted to talk more, it was pretty boring, but he was an alright guy and was really nice overall. We're like acquaintances now, since it was only a couple dates and we share some friends. He's working somewhere in VFX and he has another girlfriend and seems happy so I'm glad for him. It just didn't work out between us because I wasn't emotionally or physically attracted to him in that way.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
My first date was someone I knew for about... 2 years before we went out for our date. When we've asked each other out, it was... kind of weird at first, but what the heck, first date, and there's no right to judge! We didn't really do anything that special - we went out to something called Dave and Busters where we've ate lunch, and played... yeah, it was pretty fun. We went out for a couple more dates after that, but... I dunno. The spark wasn't there anymore.

We're still friends, though. We're talking on a regular basis, whiiich I'm pretty glad there wasn't any hard feelings.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My mom always said that the homecoming dance in 8th grade counts as my first date. Um. I dressed up really badly and slow danced with my boyfriend, who was my first boyfriend at the time, and it was to the song You and Me by Lifehouse. It was nice! I don't really talk to him anymore, but we're not on bad terms or anything.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Oh yeah my first date was when . . .

OK seriously man, you need to stop with these topics or I'm just gonna grab the knife and get it over with V_____V

Yes. This.

I'm with Drakow here. Never been on a date, never had a girlfirend whatsoever. So threads like these are making me feel more alone. ;~~~;

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Yes. This.

I'm with Drakow here. Never been on a date, never had a girlfirend whatsoever. So threads like these are making me feel more alone. ;~~~;

seconded. oh wait! i actually picked up a girl at gamestop and we walked around town, played some pokemon, of course the girl was my new 3DS...

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I was 17 when I went on my first real date. On that date we went to dinner and then saw Despicable Me at the theater next to the restaurant. I asked her, and was relieved when she said yes. After the date I just drove her home and had my first kiss, which I already explained in your first kiss thread. As of today, we no longer speak or have any connection with eachother.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
No first date. Oddly enough though I have the worst track record of girls that gave a damn but never went out with me. First girl I asked out, said maybe, never really went into it, but gave me all the attention she could possibly give. Second girl said straight out yes with no hesitation, but toyed me for a month until I lashed out on her. Third girl and 4th said no, but because of the conditions not cause of me. I am literally never going to ask someone out my age anymore, its too damn frustrating.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hm, officially, I've actually never gone on a date, even though multiple ones have been set up whose fault would differ. My friends have insisted that a few scenarios I've had were dates though. Meh, I dunno if that's true. I can't recall the first one, to be honest, so I'll just name my favorite. It was with a girl who I'd asked out two years before and got nicely rejected. We decided to go catch a movie and hang out afterwards. We went to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green, which was cute, I'll admit. Before that, though, we hung out by the river and just talked about stuff. After the movies, I took her to a pizza place and she ate. I didn't cause I was fasting at the time. Oof. But we had a fun day, and it was nice. I even got a little touchy with her. A little. Haha.

And she was the girl who I had an insane crush on for a long time. But I didn't consider it a date, even though my friends do. I still don't to be honest!

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I've never had a date with a member of the same sex. My first "date" though, was when I was either 13 or 14 and we went to go see Bride Wars. I was too afraid to put my arm around her shoulder, even though other people were saying I should have. Ah well.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Kind of put this off when thread first appeared.

My first date was with my daughter's dad when we were 16, we went for a meal then an evening walk.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yes. This.

seconded. oh wait! i actually picked up a girl at gamestop and we walked around town, played some pokemon, of course the girl was my new 3DS...

Never had a date so... I'm with AWsquared; forever alone :P

Haven't had it yet. Alone for all of time.

Well, we have the Forever alone club right here, if anybody wants to join xD
But in all seriousness, I just give up, too many terrible experiences, not that any of you give a damn xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My first date was last month. It was with a guy named Jesse that I met on Grindr. I've spoken about the end of the date in this thread but I guess now y'all get to hear about how it all began!

We were talking on Grindr for a bit and he was really nice and he seemed to like talking to me, so I said "we should hang out some time :)" and he said yes which was a huge relief because my heart was pounding. I'd never asked anybody out before for an actual date so it was a relief not to be rejected on my first try out. Then I had to go to work so I said we'd work it out later and then I didn't see him online again for about a week. Finally I caught him again and we started talking and I gave him my number, then he texted me and I asked him out again for a specific date and time and he said yes again!

So we didn't really have anything planned to do on the date, so we ended up meeting at a parking lot and then we drove (he drove because he knows the area better than I do) around looking at a whole bunch of places he wanted to show me. We mostly went to parks and look outs that he liked to go to with his best friend that died six months ago, and then we ended up at one particular look out where we stayed for ages and this is where you click the link and see the rest of the story :P

I'm still dating him now, he's really cool!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I was 14 and he was 17, I was a freshman in high school and he was a junior. His name was Rob and we were in a Computer Applications class together. We had started "going steady" before officially going on a date, and our first date was about a week after we started dating. We went and saw Flushed Away in theaters but neither of us could drive so his dad had to drive us. It was in the winter I think, I remember being cold and him sharing his jacket with me while we waited for his dad after the movie. It was pretty cute and normal imo. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My first date was in high school. I was a sophomore and he was a junior. All we did was go out to the mall and walk around. It was an alright night, and it was definitely a first for me. As I was trying to test the waters of this "dating" thing, I told him we'd be better off as friends. Been forever since we talked though.

Back