• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UNDERGROUND: The Kanto Chronicles [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Ima Sign-Up now, AND YOU SHALL ACCEPT ME!! I'll begin writing my SU now :)

Edit: Oh, by the way, I know nothing about... The World Ends With You, is it? I'm going to try anyways, just murder me if I get anything wrong, I can always play the game and come back to life ;P

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Can my character get a special item psyche... an electric guitar? :)
Well, even though her entry fee is her ability to listen music itself, its just noise to counter the...noise. :x

Or maybe its too..contradicting? @___@;;;

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
You could change her entry fee if you wanted?

I was actually thinking about that before, using the bass as a psyche. Several Scott pilgrim references flow into my head XD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
EDIT: Lol, I'll fix all the dramatic movie cliches soon X'D
EDIT2: I was thinking about salvaging Shadow in some way, then decided against it. So, I removed some of the clicheness ;P
It seems too short now :/ If I have to, I'll add on to it tommorow.

Name: Zorya Solistum (A combination of solis (sun) and ortum (rising) thanks to Skymin :D)
Female

Entry Fee: Daren, her boyfriend.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

*Her appearance is heavily inspired by Kluke's appearance from Blue Dragon.*
Zorya is caucasian and her hair is a dark brown and her eyes are a bright green.
Her dress is a dark purple, and the sash is green. The same goes for the stripes on her fingerless gloves. The backpack she carries is black and her boots are a dark purple with a green trim.

Personality:
Zorya is a bit of a klutz. She tends to lose her balance and occasionally breaks things by dropping them. She can also be a bit forgetful, and sometimes tends to zone out. Although this can sometimes bring mockery upon her, she tries to never let anything get her down, and she is relatively popular.

Zorya is a bit of a hopeless romantic, and one that believes in true love, and she believed that she had found it. She loves to spend as much time with her boyfriend as possible, and when she isn't with him she spends every waking moment thinking about him. That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but that's what she wrote in her diary, so hey.

History:
Zorya was a very kind child, but she was a bit flighty, as stated by a few people. She was always a bit clumsy and suffered from multiple broken limbs throughout her life. She was fairly popular in school; most people liked her. Though, even her friends sometimes made fun of her when she did something clumsy, which she did often enough it could become a great annoyance. She never let herself feel down though, she always found a way to push through it with a smile on her face.

When Zorya was in tenth grade at age fifteen, she began dating the 'love of her life', Daren Grey. He had been one of her best friends for years, and he was also the most popular guy in school. Of course this made people jealous, some more than others.

Soon after graduation, Daren, while at a friend's party, was talking to his friends about how he was going to propose to Zorya. This was overheard by a girl named Janine, whom had always been jealous of Zorya. Janine, in a fit of rage, decided she was going to get Daren, no matter what. It didn't really help that Janine was drunk from the party.

In order to get Daren, Janine went after Zorya, whom had just left the party. Janine followed her on her way home and ambushed her. Zorya wasn't exactly sure what hit her, all she remembered seeing was Janine holding a blood stained piece of wood, and she remembered her head throbbing.

The reason for Zorya's entry fee is, well, she loves Daren and he is probably the most important thing in her life. (Plus it brings on drama. DRAMA!)

Psyche: Pins
Short Interview:
Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample: [To Be Added]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey Nakuzami, can I ask for the SU without the CSS stuff and the loads of indents because I cannot read this on my phone XD

@Miss Doronjo how about instead of memories, how about her father? she can't really miss what she doesn't remember plus, it invokes more teen angst :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Excellent! Well, I'll change everything later today when I get back from the dentist D:

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Well, i made a template and using sprites, I fill them in, add some touch ups. except the rotom one, i made that from scratch (though i used the template XD)

OKAY! well, i gotta edit a lot now d;

Zorya Solistum is accepted!
She will receive five pins on arrival:

player%20pin.png
000 The Player Pin - Proof that you are a player in the Reaper's Game. Pressing it lets you hear the thought fragments of those around you in the RG.
041.png
041 Zubat - The Bat Monster. Using this pin sucks health from your enemies and adds a little to your own.
046.png
046 Paras - The Mushroom Monster. Using this pin paralyses, poisons or puts your enemies to sleep for a short amount of time.
074.png
074 Geodude - The Rock Monster. Using this pin summons a barrage of rocks to force on your enemies.
081.png
081 Magnemite - The Magnet Monster. Using this pin allows you to draw enemies towards you.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Uhh, never got a response on his psyche so not sure what to do with that, but let me know.... ^^;;

Name: Arron Hale
Entry Fee: All sensation from the waist down, resulting in a complete inability to walk/run and move freely. The loss of his legs represents that he can't continue his journey, Arron's escape from his dreaded family. He is, in a sense "trapped" again in immobility, much like how he couldn't escape his family's reputation in the past.

Appearance: With platinum blonde hair and crisp lime green eyes, Arron would be quite the blindingly bright sight if not for his slightly tanned skin. Certainly nowhere near as dark as the sunkissed beach look of the inhabitants of Dewford Town, Arron's complexion is merely a product of being outdoors without proper sun protection for long periods of time. His luck comes in the fact that despite the brutality with which he treats his skin, it's still miraculously smooth- though the blonde boy would be the first to tell you that he's going to become a wrinkly prune as soon as the sun catches up with him. Which is just fine with him—it'd match his constantly grumpy expression, thin brows constantly knit together in disapproval. Standing at 6', Arron's gangly appearance is riddled with lean muscle from lots of cardiovascular exercise in the form of travelling, travelling, and more travelling.

Appearance, in the sense of his overall visual impression, is of the utmost importance to him. His hair is always meticulously styled—bangs swept across his eyes and flipped out at the ends. His clothes, always fashionable, but also practical. Normally without much chance to change on his journey, Arron's primary staple is a thin white windbreaker with red sleeves and pockets, always worn on top of a white or black t-shirt depending on whichever happens to be the more clean of the two. Due to the moderate temperature of most of Kanto's locations, Arron usually keeps his jacket's sleeves rolled up to his elbows, revealing a white sporting watch around Arron's right wrist and a lime green sweatband on his left. Once again, depending on the weather, Arron dons either a pair of slim-fitting black slacks or capris on his legs to put off the bright colors. His red and black hi-tops are quite worn, but still retain their shine, indicating that they're not so much old as they are overused. His black socks are pushed down around the ankle, as folding is "frickin' old-fashioned", and low-cut socks "fall off all the damn time".

Personality: With an attitude as sharp as the glare constantly plastered across his face, Arron is the king of sarcasm and disdain. Seemingly nothing can please or impress him, and he tends to grate on everyone's nerves just by opening his mouth. His confrontational nature makes it hard for him to make friends, and even harder for him to keep friends. As though constantly on the defense, Arron often unconsciously attacks people, poking holes in the conversation until it just falls apart entirely. With a severe case of word vomit, Arron often doesn't know where to draw the line in his harsh words and criticisms, and often flies off the handle in a flurry of heated emotion. Impressively, a guy like Arron does still manage to make friends, however. If anyone manages to get past his thorny exterior, he becomes considerably less rude, replacing all the stand-offish mannerisms with a genuine concern for your well-being. As a true friend, Arron's loyalty has no limits, and his trust is almost endless. But before that stage, Arron is just what people describe him to be: A jerk.

Surprisingly enough, his extremely criticism for others doesn't stem for insecurity, or anything that most bullies like him tend to get their source of contempt from. Rather, it comes from an extreme need to succeed and accomplish things that he loads onto himself as well. In Arron's eyes, if he can excel at something, so should everyone else. And just the same, if someone else can excel at something, so should he. A hard worker who would never give up in the face of defeat, Arron's stubbornness can be viewed positively as relentless determination. He's the first to drag someone back onto their feet if they feel hopeless, though oftentimes he does this without considering their feelings, or whether or not they actually want to stand back up. But to Arron, giving up is the lowest of low. Not to mention he's an extremely sore loser, so "giving up" is already out of the question anyway. Crying and showing weaknesses—all of these fall under the category of things Arron never allows himself to do, because he feels that in a sense, these are also losses in themselves.

After the loss of his legs however, Arron's confidence has been twisted into a sense of insecurity. Unsure of how others view him as a handicap, particularly in this game in which mobility is of the utmost importance, Arron is even more determined than ever to prove himself. He has a hard time seeing the good in other people, and is usually wary of most strangers.

History: Growing up in a relatively poor family from the heart of Saffron City, Arron was the son of a no-good dad who disappeared for long periods of time and a no-good mother who couldn't do anything herself. The judgment of having such a worthless family fell hard on Arron, who reveled in praise and admiration. Rather than candy and toys, as a child, Arron wanted someone to pat him on the head and be impressed with him. But as soon as they found out who his mom was, who his dad was—all that admiration seemed to flush itself down the septic system and turn into the thing that Arron hated the most. He didn't want anybody's pity. So what if he cooked his own meals cause his ma would burn the house down if she tried doing it herself? So what if he had more siblings than he could count on both hands, with seemingly more coming? Not like he cared about any of them! Getting out and away from the house was Arron's number one dream, realized when he caught a pokemon with a "borrowed" pokeball from the department store. Now most kids would go out with the blessings of their family, with some sort of destination in mind. Well, Arron didn't need his family's blessin's, and he did have a destination in mind: Anywhere but here.

At first it was obviously not something well thought out, particularly with his first pokemon being a Hitmonlee, there wasn't really much the pokemon could do in the way of helping out his trainer. Surviving off of Pokemon Centers and doing odd jobs, the trick to living on his own was something Arron caught onto quickly, if only for the sake of survival. He occasionally travelled with others, but ultimately couldn't find a place for himself in groups, or ended up storming away from a travelling partner in a flurry of an argument, usually over something petty. Still, it was better than being stuck at home, where people judged him before they even saw what he could do. And so life continued, relatively peacefully. He caught pokemon like any other trainer, battled other trainers upon sight like most hot-headed kids his age, and toyed with the idea of going back around with a different goal: Challenging the gyms to earn the right to really, really prove himself by defeating the Elite Four. Life was indeed so carefree that Arron could entertain such amusing ideas-- until one day, he was found dead on Route 24.

Psyche: Arron's wheelchair is capable of functioning both as a normal, manual push wheelchair, and as a psyche-based weapon. While out of battle, Arron prefers working with the wheelchair as a normal object to conserve his energy, however the wheelchair itself can propel and bash enemy noise with the combined weight of the seat and Arron—and the wheels may spin to add a little extra burn to the impact. The incorporation of a psyche in the form of his wheelchair is primarily in order to reduce the disadvantage Arron's entry price leaves him at compared to other players.

Short Interview:
Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample: Fair warning this "latest" is pretty darned old. XDD

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Name: Arron Hale
FANTASTIC!! Just a question before I accept you forreals; His loss of legs as an entry fee... that's symbolism for a loss of freedom, yeah? d: I don't think there was ever a 'why' that's his entry fee, but that's what I gathered from the SU. d:

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I really do need to apologize. It's been a while, and this feels sort of clunky for some reason. If you need revisions I'll do them.

Name: Brad Dumont
Entry Fee:The memories of all past achievements, or any personal recognition either from himself or others. Basically no compliments or anything positive. Coupled with being able to receive or feel it.

Appearance: If one would have to say one sentence about Brad, it would be that he's what you could consider him the true form of athleticism. He stands rather tall, setting in around 6'2". It's just that he's rather defined about how, well, that he's big. Don't take him for the biggest man that you've ever seen, because it's not completely so. Although he's broad shouldered, barrel-chested and pretty well defined. Just not one of the body builders that devotes all of their time to looking good. It's a balance that he finds 'doesn't make him look like a freak'. He has short, well maintained, spiked blonde hair. His eyes are a standard blue, and not completely striking as what you would find with folk of a similar colour. His nose isn't too big, and he likes to be clean shaven. It should be noted that he puts a lot into how his face looks.

In general, he likes to wear athletic clothing. Fortunately for the world, it's just your general T-shirt. Not too tight on his skin, it's just a general breathable fabric. White, although his seem to poke out a bit. It's never a huge deal though. You couple that with a pair of black shorts (usually under a pair of grey sweat pants.) and you have what he wears on an almost daily basis. The only other thing to note is the silver watch he wears on his wrist.

Personality: Brad is an interesting one. Something to note that he's usually a rather happy fellow. Not necessarily happy-go-lucky, just a guy who seems to enjoy life. One of the trademarks that people have seen over the years is his smile. Also, as many would expect with his athletic appearance is that he's rather loud and extroverted. He loves talking to people and hanging out with others. He loves friendship because of compliments and just, well it's a positive and redeeming thing to have with other people. So he tries his hardest to do well with everybody that he meets. He's a people pleaser. It's who he is and he's always been able to embrace that part about him.

This isn't to say that this makes him the best person. No, in his attempts to just be happy and please everyone he tends to be a little naive and idealistic. So it's easy for him not to see the true nature of things, and to be manipulated. Not that he will ever, ever admit it. Since he wants to do good, he acts rather rash and impulsively. Especially based on his emotions. This coupled in with the fact that he has a surprisingly short fuse, makes it so that it's hard to get any sort of rational or logical thinking. In which case he just acts far too much like a hero for his own good. Which also groups in with the fact that he's incredibly headstrong and stubborn. It's hard to get him to change his mind.

History: Brad, growing up was pretty normal. A small kid, pretty normal which made him blend into the crowd easily. It wasn't that he minded too much when he was little, in fact he rather sort of liked it. This of course changed when something else was brought into the picture, mainly the fact that his parents separated. This in turn brought in three more siblings from the new husband, and with them all being rather loud, opinionated kids, he needed to quickly change.

This turned into a self-proclaimed competition to gain the respect and love from his mother, and to make sure that the other kids didn't have it. When you're a little kid and going through tough times the adults figured that it was sort of acceptable. Besides, it's not like he had did anything incredibly harmful yet. Being the oldest though gave him a disadvantage, since they would rely on him to at least attempt to be the pillar to bring both families together. It means that they expected him to grow up and help take care of the family too. He was hesitant, but in the end there really wasn't any other option. And in his early teenage years he ended up being a lot more nurturing towards his little siblings.

It was also in his teenage years where he did a lot of growing up and becoming the person that he is today. Although he didn't have a huge peer group, the people who he did hang out with respected him for who he was. Who they discovered was a pretty nice guy, despite his large size. It became a running joke and he put in just enough effort to maintain his body without going overboard. Addiction to the gym he found was actually a serious thing, so he would have to monitor his activity. Running was his main form of exercise, although he did hit the weights too, from time to time.

Eventually it was time to start his own personal journey. He needed to discover some things, and travelling around Kanto seemed to be the easy way to get through it all. Although he just wanted to travel with pokemon, he ended up deciding to challenge a few gyms on the way. What could it hurt? It was a shame that he never really got the opportunity.

Psyche: Pins.

Short Interview:
Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample:

This is uh. A while ago. It's been a long while, ok? A few years old actually.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
FANTASTIC!! Just a question before I accept you forreals; His loss of legs as an entry fee... that's symbolism for a loss of freedom, yeah? d: I don't think there was ever a 'why' that's his entry fee, but that's what I gathered from the SU. d:

Oh sorry, yes it was. XD I forgot to note that. I'll add that in when I get home.

Basically the loss of his legs represents that he can't continue his journey aka escape from his dreaded family. And he is, in a sense "trapped" again in immobility, like how he couldn't escape his family's reputation.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Name: Brad Dumont
Just a few things; can you define why his entry fee is his entry fee and you missed the psyche part. XD

Other than that, it's great! I agree a little lacking in a certain flair or "clunky" as you said, but great!

Oh sorry, yes it was. XD I forgot to note that. I'll add that in when I get home.

Basically the loss of his legs represents that he can't continue his journey aka escape from his dreaded family. And he is, in a sense "trapped" again in immobility, like how he couldn't escape his family's reputation.
Excellent! I'll accept you as soon as I get to my PC :>

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Just a few things; can you define why his entry fee is his entry fee and you missed the psyche part. XD

Oh, see what I was trying to work with is Brad is a being that loves to have as much positive reinforcement as he can. He loves giving it to people, he loves receiving it, he's sort of motivated and goal orientated in that respect. A creature that sort of thrives off, and being emotionally thinking and sort of silly as he is, it affects a part of him in that way. Although he's still the same and happy go lucky, it'll just be a bit harder for him to tackle some situations.

If that needs to be edited in just tell me.

And pins. lol oops I'll just edit that in there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Sweeeeet. Thank you! Okay, I'll accept you too as soon as I get to a PC. My brother's doing an assignment and I have to go play at a concert but I'll see about kicking brother off when I get back! <:

We really need more people... Hmm...

EDIT: Well I FINALLY get the computer back after my brother has been assignmenting the past few days.

Arron Hale is accepted!
He will receive four pins and one special item on arrival;
Arron's Wheelchair - Arron's only form of transport. Though his legs are restricted, he can still get to an impressive speed on this fine piece of machinery.
player%20pin.png
000 The Player Pin - Proof that you are a player in the Reaper's Game. Pressing it lets you hear the thought fragments of those around you in the RG.
016.png
016 Pidgey - The Tiny Bird Monster. Using this pin blinds the enemies around you with a small dust cloud.
113.png
113 Chansey - The Egg Monster. Using this pin heals half of yours and your partner's health. Can only be used once per battle.
479.png
479 Rotom - The Plasma Monster. Allows you to use Psychokinesis to take control of or possess inanimate objects.
... though for Arron, the Rotom pin only seems to work for his wheelchair. How odd!

Brad Dumont is accepted!
He will receive 5 pins on arrival;
player%20pin.png
021.png
021 Spearow - The Tiny Bird Monster. Using this pin raises your strength and determination in a pinch.
050.png
050 Diglett - The Mole Monster. Using this pin allows you to burrow underground.
052 Meowth - The Scratch Cat Monster. Using this pin lets you attack your enemies with vicious claws, also causing them to drop a small amount of money pins on impact.
100 Voltorb - The Ball Monster. Using this pin paralyses your enemies on contact.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Well you can have me if you like. c:

Name: Jessica Stark
Entry Fee: Her "happy" memories, specifically
Appearance: (Picture) Jessica is a caucasian female standing at approximately 5'6'' (1.67 meters) and weighing approximately 140 pounds. She sports an athletic body build and is in overall good physical condition. She sports green eyes and brown hair. Her hair is naturally wavy, but is usually somewhat messy. Jessica usually puts her hair up in a slightly messy ponytail to keep it out of her eyes. As for clothes, she can usually be found wearing low-cut blue skinny jeans, a light pink tied t-shirt over a cropped white sleeveless shirt, black hiking boots, black fingerless gloves, and a pink cap with a blank white face. She often carries around a satchel, but other than what is in said satchel does not usually keep much on her.

Personality: Jessica is a pretty relaxed person. She just lays back and takes life as it comes, keeping things simple. She unfortunately did not get the benefit of a formal education. Thus, she has a somewhat uneducated view of the world. Despite this, she is generally pleasant to be around, as she has a pretty big heart so to speak, but can become intolerantly dismissive when argued with at times. She also doesn't see the benefit of an education. Luckily, she is not overly prone to become offended at teasing, and is more likely to ignore someone or walk away when she knows she is being teased. She seems to be a natural tomboy, not obsessing over stupid things like hating pink but rather simply sometimes demonstrating a disregard for femininity.

History: Jessica was born and raised in Unova, on a modest ranch near Lacunosa Town to be precise. She was an only child, and while her father had been hoping for a boy he learned to become proud of his tomboy daughter. Thus, the two got along pretty well. Up until around ten years old she helped her parents around the ranch. At the age of ten she decided she wanted to become a trainer and go explore the world. A part of the reason for her dreams was the fact that she had simply been confined to the ranch for so long. Jessica spent most of her time as a trainer traveling and exploring the world to the best of her abilities. She was a pretty decent battler that enjoyed the sights and meeting new people more than anything else. Fairly early on in her adventuring she made the decision to travel to Kanto. While this required quite some help from her parents she managed to get what she wanted. The reason for this decision was that she wanted to catch specific pokemon native to Kanto and Johto in addition to the fact that she wanted to explore a foreign region. That being said, although Kanto was her first destination she did in fact travel to Johto. Yet, she found that she enjoyed Kanto a bit better. Thus, after she was done collecting pokemon she set herself specifically to Kanto. She never really figured out what she wanted to do with her life long term however, though she felt at times that she wished to start her own pokemon ranch like her parents before her. Regardless, she never got to find out, as during her travels she became the victim of a fatal wild pokemon attack after she had failed to take precautions whilst traveling after losing a battle against another trainer. Her death was not exactly pleasant, and the fact that it was far from a happy memory means that it did leave some trauma on her. The things she valued most were probably her family and her pokemon, things that were already taken from her the moment she died. The next thing that came along was her happy memories. Most all memories on the lighter side of the scale were taken as her entree fee.

Psyche: (Something else. Will PM with details immediately after posting.)

Short Interview:
Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Alrighty, just a few things;

I've already talked about your psyche, so that's okay.

Can I have a written Appearance? XD Also, i need you to develop a little more on this history. Where was she born? Where was she raised, if it was not somewhere different? What age did she start her journey? Does she have any brothers or sisters? etc etc etc. develop your character a whole lot more! <:

And with your RP sample, you don't have to define someone before they talk with the "Jessica:" XD

other than that, it seems quite fine! <:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
The whole Jessica: thing is just something I do when controlling more than one character in a scene to give clarity to others. c:

I suppose I could do all those things... I'll have them up soon.

EDIT: Done, I think. oAo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back