• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity's Matchmaker Event

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Pokecommunity's Matchmaker Event!
Courtesy of Bloodex, Kura, and Forever!
(Matchmaking Closes 17th of Feb; Other threads are open until the end of Feb)

RESULTS ARE IN!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is this thread?
Welcome to the Pokecommunity's Matchmaker Event! Feeling a little lonely on "Single's Awareness Day" (AKA Valentines)? We're here to help!

This is a thread where you'll get to meet someone new! And may be able to pair up with said person, or just make new friends! For those of you who don't know what pairing is, I highly recommend you click here before proceeding.
After having been paired up with a person, you can then take part in other optional competitions such as the Newlywed Game ( here ), or just get to know each other better in our Couple's Chat ( here!)
Please note that you don't NEED to apply here to participate in the other events, especially if you already have a pair or event-partner!

So how do we get paired up?
You're able to apply here for our Valentines day fun even if you already have a pair! (Look at our Categories below for more info) And also, the couple events to follow allow pairs already in existence to join! So whether you have someone now or are waiting for our matchmaking magic.. there'll be something for everyone.

All you will need to do is apply here with at least 4 words about yourself, and what category you are interested in pairing in! Give us a bit of time, and we'll work our magic. But READ ON! The way we pair you all depends on you and your application!

Categories
We will be coupling people together by 3 categories. As stated above, when applying just tell us a little blurb about yourself (optional, but please write at least 4 words!) and tell us what category you'd like to be in.

Regular Pair: (Not to be confused with Friendly-Pair.) These are for people looking to be paired for both the event, and maybe on PC once the V-day events are over. This is a friendship pair, but is different from the other two categories. If you're looking to be paired JUST for the V-day event, OR just wanting a new friend, please look at our Friends or Romantic Pair categories!
Example:
Ooohhh, this looks like fun! I'd love a pair who's a Brony! I love My Little Pony! I also love the colour blue and politics!
Name: Bloodex (Dipu)
Pair: Regular Pair!

Romantic Pair: Need a special someone? This category is for those who want a little bit of love ;3~ This category is set up for the event.. but if you find the "dates" are going well, then you are welcome to stay paired. All you need to do is tell us your gender and your orientation~
IMPORTANT: No genderbending please, as some members may want to take this more seriously!
Example:
Hi there! I'm a 23 year old from Canada who loves videogames and drawing. I can be pretty serious at times but I like to think I have a good sense of humor, too.
Name: Kura
Pair: Romantic pair! (F) (Straight)

Friends Only/ Friendly Pair: This is for people who are already paired to someone else on PC (or those who don't want a PC pair,) but just want to make new friends for this special time of year (and maybe friends who will last a lifetime.) So basically this is for people who want to remain OFFICIALLY UNPAIRED. You can enter the other events with this new friend, but make sure they don't have another pair they are joining with instead! Basically, you're "paired" with someone at random! That means gender or description won't be put into the decision when Bloodex and I put you two together, but it might help ;3.
Example:
Ooohhh, this looks like fun! I'd like to join!
Pair: Friendly Pair!

Note: We will try our hardest to pair everyone up, but please note that we might get some odd numbers here, and we might have to pair you up as friends if we don't get enough Pair/Romance-pair applicants.

Other FAQ!
When do we know when we're paired?
Just check back here on the first page on the evening of the 17th (might be the early 18th for Australians, sorry!) to see who you're paired with! Bloodex and I will try our best to find you a fitting match!

Okay, cool, but how to we actually get paired up?
Well, that's a great question! It's going to be rather simple, actually. After Bloodex and I categorize everyone, we'll do the following:
We're going to randomly pair up friends (with numbers) so people get a chance to talk to people they usually wouldn't! For the romantic matchmaking and maybe for regular pairs (depending on how many entries we get,) we will read their descriptions (if they have it) and pair them up that way. A bit of half and half- randomness and matchmaking magic ;3~

Important/Disclaimer (courtesy of Dipu)
Neither Kura nor I is responsible for any feelings of incredible passion that one might experience for their pair during this event. If you have any questions or inquiries, feel free to contact either myself or Kura! (Also if you have suggestions to contribute, please feel free to PM either of us! :3)

So, without further ado, let's let Cupid do his magic~

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Okay so i'll be the 1st to apply. I'd like a pair who likes anime and/or video games(Pokemon included).
Name : JNathan or Gothax
Pair : Regular Pair!

Last edited:
Years
I'll try this as well.

Name: ZachLMedia, but please call me Zach. :3
Pair: Regular Pair

A short bio: I'm really good with helping out in technology, especially computers! My two technology weak spots though are mobile devices/tablets and computer programming.

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Meh, I was looking at this and I thought "why not?"

I'm mostly into the Trading and Collecting aspect of Pokemon (I suck at battling D: ) I like Video Games (Especially Pokemon) and collecting retro video games. I play Yu-Gi-Oh! and MTG, but I favor MTG over Yu-Gi-Oh! (I think it's cooler). Other random stuff I like include: ice cream (except mint), Final Fantasy, and having a good talk with friends.

Name: tabor62 or Tabor if you'd like
Pair: Regular pair

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Seems fun, and I certainly would love another pair! just one :p

Fun, fun, fun! I'm so into battling and MLP nowadays, I also love, love, love chatting! so gimme a good time, yeah?
Name: MidnightShine but we all know im Mid
Pair: Regular Pair~

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Great job guys! :D

I love Marvel & DC, and I love Digimon also, no Pokemon/Digimon rivalry for me, I also enjoy comedy series like Seinfeld, The Office & Arrested Development and a couple of good shows on TV like Merlin, Todd & the Book of Pure Evil and I enjoy Star Wars and Harry Potter :)
I also enjoy drawing, and I especially love doing graffiti.
Name: LilJz1234. You can call me Lil, Jz or Jerry (that's my real name) But not 1234! :C

I liked my own post thinking the edit button was there... yup :C

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
This looks fun :D. I think I'll join in :33.

Name: Rainbow Arcanine (But you can just call me Sophie :D).

Ummm about myself :D? My favourite Pokemon has changed often but right now my new favourite is Wooper, I like hanging out on the PC Battle Server as well sometimes :3. I'm also a fantasy sort of person, I like being imaginative and creative and drawing is one of my favourite things to do along with writing out stories! <3.Also I don't do trading unfortunately :(.Other than that my favourite generation out of Pokemon is the fourth, I'm not really into MLP honestly and I own two fat guinea pigs, along with being a massive Doctor Who fan with my favourite doctor being the 10th :3. Annd lastly, I really love anime so if you like any of those things I think we'll get along well. :3

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
me: droomph
regular plz.

I AM…

like grovyle fan no 1. I love it when aghhhhh

I also like technology and hacking (though if you know me I can't really pay attention that long booo me i know).

I really like art but only have the attention span for photography.

I wuv goggy. (and animals)
Spoiler:

…that's all I can come up with. i'm bad at this kind of stuff

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Name: Tara
Pair: Friendly Pair! I already have two of 'em; I don't need a third.

Tales of Series, Kingdom hearts, Pokemon (Of course!), Detective Conan, Harry Potter, Criminal Minds, Psych, Merlin, and plenty others things that I am interested in! These are just kind of my top series that I enjoy. Also enjoy roleplaying (though I typically don't do so on forums these days), drawing, being lazy, reading, and so forth! Also interested in the Pokemon TCG and just... so many other things. Like... animals and such.

Years
I might give this a go.

Name: Hikari10. You can call me Nichole, Hikari or Hika!

I love My Little Pony, satirical comedy, Australian culture, listening to music, browsing the internet a lot, 5th Generation Pokemon games (Black/White/Black 2/White 2) and of course Oshawott. I also hang out at the PC Battle Server (under the alias +OshyHikari) and I browse almost anywhere I can think of at PC (other than the creative boards, Tabletop Games and Trade Corner that is). I'm extremely talkative and love attention (well, online at least) and I love genderbending, especially if someone thinks I am male. I am actually female however.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hmm. Might as well give it a go. :D
Name: KriegStein (call me whatever you want. :D)
pair: Regular pair sounds good. :D
A little about me. I like anime (many different) and manga (many again) and I watch various shows (including mlp)
I am an open person and I enjoy talking. I am happy to discuss various things and topic doesnt matter. My color preferences are White, cobalt-blue and blue. (Even though my profile suggests othervise) I read books at times and I know most of classic literature. (Its part of my education)
This was the short version. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I guess I might give this a go, its always good find new friends right?

Name :Username's SNOR(es)LAX, but you can call me Snores/whatever you want, if you want my real name, I might give it.
Pair : Regular Pair! or I if its goes well, it might turn into a friendly pair OR EVEN A ROMANTIC PAIR

Hi so I joined in this event and I need to tell you something about myself, I am 15 going on 16, weird as some might call me, but really friendly, I just really like to talk about random things with my friends, while not doing that, I normally play computer games such as DotA 2, watch anime or simply watching my local television channel.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Name: gunnerpow7 aka Gunner

Soo... I like MLP, Legend of Korra, Adventure Time, Homestuck, Glee, and everything that I already joined in Other Clubs!

I'm also chatty and pretty fun to hang out! :3

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
This actually sounds like a really fun thing to do, I love adventure time, the colour blue, MLP, Pokemon, and Anime, and lot of anime.
Name: Urugamosu
Pair: Regular Pair~

Honest

Hi!
Years
Gahahahahah, I said I wouldn't but Kura insisted. =P

I'm going to go be a trailblazer and sign up for a Romantic Pair! Cause love, for the win. My name's Dipu, and I like a lot of things in general. First few that pop to mind are video games (particularly survival horror like Resident Evil, Dead Space), rock music (bands such as zebrahead, Papa Roach, Three Days Grace, anberlin), sports. I'm a 17 year old guy hailing from the beautiful New York City, and I'm a really happy carefree guy, but I know when to be serious. And best of all, I know how to make a girl feel lurrrvvveeddd :3

Pair: ROMANTIC (M; straight!)

Where all the cute ladies at? I've got my eye on someone, let's hope she joins this LOL

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'll give it a whirllipede
Spoiler:

Name: EJ

I'm 20, currently working on my major in Psychology. I play too many video games although lately I've offset that with anime and more music. I'm pretty laid-back and chill (so I've been told) haha.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Yes. Glad this is actually happening! I'll give it a try. Cause Dipu is forcing me too.
Name: AWsquared. Though you can also call me Aaron, AW, or Kouzan if you like. :)

A little about myself: I'm 20 years old and an artist who mainly draws anime. I have a goatee and love Pokemon, MLP:FiM (brony for life) , music and anime. One of my favorite artist is Owl City, but I like many others like Switchfoot, Relient K, Muse, Skillet, August Burns Red, LIGHTS, Deadmua5, Rise Against, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, twenty one pilots, and more.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Name: Cosmotone8/ Cosmo/ Wes/ Weston/
Alright, here goes. I'm Cosmotone, but you can call me Wes if you want. I'm 13 years old and a fan of sports in general, and live in Boston, MA. I'm an avid fan of music. Some of my favorite bands are Imagine Dragons, Muse, Anberlin, Billy Talent, and the Killers. I spend too much time on PC and on the internet in general. I'm a fan of Starcraft, though I don't play much, just watch others play. I like to sprite as well, and I'm not a fan of anime and most cartoons.
Pair: Regular Pair!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Sounds like fun! I'll join. :3
Name: dan0314 (Just call me Dan!)

About me: I'm 16 (almost 17), I've loved video games since I was about 5 years old. I LOVE music, my favourite bands being Billy Talent, Linkin Park, Hollywood Undead and Avenged Sevenfold. I live in Canada and I love to play and watch soccer! :D

Back