• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nervous Habits

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Do you have any nervous habits you're conscious of? I know that I play with my hair when I'm tired, mostly, but sometimes when I'm nervous. I'm only really aware of it because my mom always yells at me for it. D:

But I'm in class right now, and this guy next to me has been shaking his leg like no tomorrow. I'm okay if people wave it around a little, but he's going full on epileptic shaking and it's really annoying the piss out of me. So it makes me wonder, does he even know he's doing it?

Do you guys have habits like these?

Years
I do fidget when I am nervous yeah.

When I am assessing a situation while sitting down, I overlay and bridge my hands in front of my mouth. Sometimes I'm nervous while assessing but not always.

Years
But I'm in class right now, and this guy next to me has been shaking his leg like no tomorrow. I'm okay if people wave it around a little, but he's going full on epileptic shaking and it's really annoying the piss out of me. So it makes me wonder, does he even know he's doing it?

My god, I HATE when people do this. This drives me crazy! Because they never seem to realize that not only can I feel it from the floor, IT'S SHAKING MY ENTIRE DESK!

As for me, I tend to drum my fingers a bit. Other than that, I just internally freak out, but then when I get the test or whatever, I'm fine.

Argenta

Soul
Years
Normally whenever i'm nervous my hands and feets become cold and i drum with my fingertips on the closest desk or table....tbh i sometimes shake my legs too but it sure annoys as i always stop whoever sitting nearby me and doing that

Khawill

<3
Years
When I'm nervous I tend to get very energetic, twitchy, and uncontrollable. During work I literally stood up and danced for two hours straight because I had a lot of energy (I don't drink much caffeine). I also shake my leg violently during class because I can't stand up or anything and I need to burn energy. I hardly can control it and if I try to it just makes me uncomfortable.

Also when I have these bursts of energy they last a few hours and give me an urge to fight. Also I bite the inside of my cheek.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I have a ton of them. Some common ones include messing with my teeth, playing with my hair, earings or other such things, fidgetting, etc. I get nervous a lot ^^;

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
Ughhhh.... lets see:
1. Bite fingernails.
2. Watery eyes which looks like I'm crying.
3. My voice gets really deep. ;(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I love that you're making OVP threads while you're in class XD. That's just so awesome that that's your go-to thing. "This guy is annoying me, so I'm gonna make an OVP thread about it!" lmao

I generally internalise a lot, so if I'm nervous then you won't know it on the outside, but I'll be ****ting bricks on the inside. I try very hard not to be expressive with fear because fear is embarrassing and I'd prefer people didn't know I was feeling it :P. So I don't really have any nervous habits, at leat none that I'm aware of.

Years
I usually shake a bit when I'm nervous.

Sometimes I even suck my thumb, which I have been doing since I was a little kid.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I noticed this recently. I bite my lip a lot when I'm nervous or I play with whatever's in my hands at the time, like pencils or pens.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I shake one or both of my legs when I'm seated. Sometimes I twirl my pen(cil) around my fingers when I'm doing a test.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
-puts hand on leg and holds leg still-

What do I do with all my energy/adrenaline now that I stopped shaking my leg? :'( When I'm nervous, I experience increased heart rate, sweaty palms, shakiness, and dry mouth. Sometimes, my eyelid starts to twitch, but maybe that is more related to caffeine or stress rather than nervousness.

Carter

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I tend to violently shake my leg or scratch my middle finger when I get nervous.

Years
I shake my leg when I'm nervous. Also, I've recently developed a habit where I yawn or look through my bag. ]: They're so hard to stop but at least I've been noticing when I do it lately.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
omg hawt

I can't wait to make out and stuff

Made my day.

On to the topic. When I'm nervous, I play with my hair, fiddle with my thumbs, and lick my lips from time to time. I usually don't show my nervousness, because I like to be called brave, but sometimes I just can't help it.

Back