• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wait huh OH MONEY

Years
I spend ridiculous amounts of time on money.
Being at University it's hard to get work hours that suit me. On top of that I still live with both parents so no government hand-outs, and they're only willing to help me out financially if I'm desperate or in an emergency.

So currently I spend more than I earn every week just travelling to the city and back.
I can't wait to get my tax return though, the government owes me a lot of money.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Blah, money's an issue for me. I don't have a job or an allowance, so I basically ask my parents for cash. And they rarely oblige to give me more than 10 bucks. I don't normally do stuff like this, but I needed a good amount of cash the other day, and as ashamed as I am to admit it, I took at 20 from my dad's wallet. He hasn't noticed. :c

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have a problem with spending money the instant I get it. I don't have a job so the only times I get money is if it's a gift or if I find it somehow on the ground, but usually I waste it on food, games and Pokemon stuff. I never really have more than 5 dollars on me except when I get money as a gift. This is a problem I need to help control. Of course I would do anything to make a few bucks, been looking for a job for that reason. Of course most people get a job to make money so.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm the kind of person who has their money stashed somewhere and never touches it. I:
Okay, /sometimes/ Pokemon stuff is an exception. Sometimes. But other than that, ehh.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Money's meant to be spent. I don't have anything to save for, I've got a college fund if I ever want to go, and my rent is $100/month so I just spend the excess. I'm young and impulsive and it's mine and it's meant to circulate. I'm going to buy stuff for people. I'm going to give money to friends who need it. I'm going to treat people to food. I'm going to buy things that I think are neat and/or make me happy. Who cares if it's stuff I'll stick in a box after a week and never use again? I liked it when I bought it.

Imma take a glance around my room. First thing that catches my eye is a PS2 + 2 controllers + 30 games. Bought it all last month, spent like $150 total. Haven't touched it yet. There's a $15 set of 3D wooden puzzles in this drawer. I did them once. $7 Mancala set never opened. Complete Shakespearean plays/Grimm Fairy Tales/Tales of the Arabian Nights/Complete Shelock Holmes, $7.50 per at B&N. Haven't read any of them through and it's been like two years. So many gel pens, marker sets, crayons, chalk, art pencils and accessories. I hardly do art at all. Eight 20ct boxes of Twinings tea and four 100g tins, when am I going to even drink all that? Fandom t-shirts galore, costing $10-20 per, not including shipping. Regular clothes I bought on impulse and wore once, stuck in a bag to be donated. I've not watched about 20% of the Classic Who DVDs I own. And why have I got so many blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals?

That's all from a glance or off the top of my head. I spend money on things because I like things. Those things tend to end up unused and subsequently given away or donated, but they entertained me for a while. And when I spend money on things, then I don't spend it on food. This makes me generally healthier. And things last, so later other people can enjoy these things. Whatever, man. I'm going to enjoy this freedom while I don't have to budget to pay bills.

When I don't have money it's no big deal. There's nothing I actually need it for and I don't care to hoard it. Working 20-hour weeks does me just fine; I don't feel the need to find more shifts or a second job. Money's nice to have, sure. But honestly if I could make $200/month I'd be fine. Enough to pay rent and enough to buy some small things or once in a while a big thing. And I wouldn't have to work as much. As long as I have internet and books, the only things I need to buy are games and consoles.

i don't even know if this is on topic anymore sorry

Years
I'm not good with money. I keep money in the bank knowing I'll have to do something with it. I like to buy capital though, things that add value in my life and will not be consumed, like a bike for example. I'm really into borrowing things from friends though, and we trade things that we won't be using in the near future so we don't have to go out and buy it. I tend to spend money on clothes. Vain of me.

I dunno how far I'd go to earn money. Deal drugs? Meh not worth getting shot. What do you mean by how far? Like scamming people? Selling them a profitable but relatively low value product?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm pretty careful with my money. But since I get paid each week, I Waste a good ton of my money for stuffs I want :-)
Butif there's nothing I need. The money will be staying in my wallet or be used for food.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
In a way, I'm such a careless spender, I always put my 'greed' first - Pokemon. I spend hundreds a month on Pokemon relates stuff. All my extra money goes towards it. If you look on RNC's topic "show your collection" here on PokeCommunity is where I spend almost all my money on.

I do save some for special occasions - birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, other events (concerts, football games, family events such as going to the zoo or mall or market). Once the occasion has passed, what ever I get left over I'll spend on Pokemon again.

Before I can spend on Pokemon I first have to make sure I paid my bills and medicine.

questions:
How much attention do you pay to money, and as a result, how do you spend money? - In a way I do pay attention to my money - for the wrong reason, I have to know how much I have with me, what I can spend, and can't afford.

Are you also willing to go to any lengths to obtain money? - yes, but not doing illegal stuff like steal or gamble or pawn shops - but I'm willing to do any job that I know I'm able to do and won't intervene with my planned events - even if its just for $10 - the way I see it "something is better than nothing".

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I pay a ton of attention to money because I really don't want to go into debt over anything. Everything I buy is either regularly cheap or heavily discounted, from food to toys. Gotta admit it's a bad idea at times. I bought chicken for 16 cents last week and it tasted like it cost 16 cents so I'm never doing that again. Also I bought a D-Arts Konohana Sakuya for like $12 and it seemed like a great idea at the time but I got it and the head is pretty loose so it falls off recently.

But anyway, money. I try not to spend anything on fun stuff until at least my rent payment clears. My biggest fear is having my bank account go negative. If times ever get tough, God forbid, then I would do pretty much anything to get back on my feet. Chances are I'd end up working 80-hour weeks cleaning houses and buffing floors.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
The only thing I spend my paycheck on is helping out with my family for rent and chocolate! ;P I rarely and I mean rarely go out. I've got a moderate amount saved, planning to purchase a car (needed to work night shifts because I'm just not allowed to stroll through my suburb at midnight!), just don't know what one though...

Nothing really catches my interest when I do go out. I never spend money over things I'll never use, so I guess I only spend it on the essentials and games.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
How much attention do you pay to money, and as a result, how do you spend money?
I don't pay attention. It doesn't get spent much because I don't want much, which leaves me in a tenable position.

Are you also willing to go to any lengths to obtain money?
No. Earning money removes a task from being rewarding. Like, a hunter-gatherer must directly contribute to their survival; I think living like that would feel more worthwhile. Doing anything for money just gives me a bizzare stand-in for the commodities of sustenance. Basically I'm not fighting for my life, so I don't feel alive; but because I've never had to, I feel awkwardly removed from the notion of actually trying to do so.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I pay a lot of attention to money. I have bills I need to pay, I have to pay insurance, I need to pay rent, and I need to buy food and gas, as well as working on my credit. Those are my priorities, and those are what I spend my money on. I calculate all of that at the beginning of the month and spend my money to a precise plan and budget.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I don't obsess over money and give it only the attention I feel it deserves. I try to be careful with it though and buy things I feel I really need and less things I want. I try to save money as much as possible, but I am not obsessive about it.

Sirfetch’d

Right now I am still at the point where if I have money I spend it. It's a bad habit I wish to break as when I get older I want to be conservative and smart with my money.

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
topping at around 50 for food every week, 200 for rent every month, and that's all i have to worry about. parents are fully covering my college tuition which makes things really easy. back in the day i'd spend my paychecks on clothes too but since i have a pretty diverse wardrobe now i don't need to worry about that anymore.

if you're ever strapped for cash then just find expensive things on craigslist, bargain them, and resell for a profit. i made hundreds on the iphone 4 in one month when they first came out. i stopped because i got lazy and didn't need it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I try to save my money for the most part, but I only spend it on things I want (trading cards, video games, clothes, snacks, etc.), as well as for gifts for other people.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i'm good at saving but i don't like to save for no reason....set a goal,start saving..get the goal-------> success!! other than that i would spend some money and also maybe lend my siblings.

Or *rolleyes* Buy chocolate and ice cream and Candies and sit to eat em while watch TV lol

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
How much attention do you pay to money, and as a result, how do you spend money?

A lot of attention, actually. I have a budget book and I tally up all my reciepts at the end of every month and put them into different sections so I know how much I am spending for food, bills, travel, etc.
I'm pretty cautious when spending money.

Are you also willing to go to any lengths to obtain money?
No. I'm willing to work for a reasonable wage. I love money but I value my morals and health more than money alone.

Back