• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Welcome Back Klippy!" Mario Kart 8 Gaming Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
[a id]tf2[/a id]

Content

[alink id="intro"]Friendship Ruiner![/alink id]
[alink id="join"]Event information[/alink id]

FAQ

Tournament code: 1132-7016-2515 The tournament begins at the stroke of midnight!

The Wii U event will take place on Saturday, August 30, 2014 to Monday, September 1, 2014.

Leave posts in this thread relevant to the gaming event (for confirming you're coming and/or any questions related to the game or event. Posts deemed irrelevant will be deleted)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

"Welcome Back Klippy!" Gaming Event

picture.php

[a id]intro[/a id]

Watch out for that blue shell!

All the information you'll need about the upcoming Mario Kart 8 gaming event.

As the inaugural gaming event for Klippy's return to modding Video Games, he has chosen his favorite game of 2014 for us to play! Please join Klippy and other members of the PokeCommunity staff team as we race around the world of Mario Kart! This coincides well with the release of an update to Mario Kart 8 alongside the free Mercedes Benz DLC!

The tournament code is 1132-7016-2515. The tournament will open for play at the stroke of midnight on August 30 and the amount of races is unlimited. The style of race is Mirror Mode and all items are available for use! Mirror Mode will offer a unique challenge to everyone and especially those that know the maps well. Since the amount of races is unlimited, you can enjoy racing all day without fear of a set point limit!

We're looking for this thing to go on throughout the Labor Day weekend, so if you see yourself high in the rankings, keep playing and enjoy some time with fellow members of PC! Please feel free to let us know if any of the settings are a problem! We have extended the racing time from one day to THREE whole days!

Please post in this thread to RSVP! It's not required, but I would love to know how many people are planning to play!

Attached to this event, THREE emblems will be given away to those that participate! There will be an emblem for having the highest scores at the end of the event, an emblem for participating, and an emblem for receiving the lowest score in the event. Both the highest scorer and the lowest will receive their respective emblem AND the participation emblem!

[a id]join[/a id]

Event information

Specific information regarding the Mario Kart 8 gaming event.

Wii U

When: Saturday, August 30, 2014 to Monday, September 1, 2014.
Other Info: Tournament Code: 1132-7016-2515. Mirror Mode racing. All items.​

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm excited but I probably won't be able to race much that day haha, since I have friends that are coming into town and I'm going to a football game. Oh well, I can maybe race a little in the morning and between football and hanging out with them!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ummmm I'm gonna see if my cousin has this game and maybe I can borrow it! I ain't got enough to buy it after buying the console. :P

Edit: He doesn't have it. Sooooo Klippy suggested I rent the game and that is what I'll do. :)

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Just so everyone knows, I've now extended the racing from a single day to the entire Labor Day weekend! This will give as many people as possible a chance to play and ensure we all have an awesome time!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Yesss awesome! I'm definitely going to participate and maybe my brother will join in too! 8)

Also even when I played Mirror Mode a lot trying to unlock everything in Mario Kart Wii I still sucked so don't worry Oryx~!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
You know I would absolutely take part in this! However, I am not home that weekend. Poo.

Edit: He doesn't have it. Sooooo Klippy suggested I rent the game and that is what I'll do. :)
If you ever rent it again, let us know and join our karting group! :D

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
You know I would absolutely take part in this! However, I am not home that weekend. Poo.

If you ever rent it again, let us know and join our karting group! :D

I actually extended it in the hopes you'd be around at some point. :'(

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I hope I can make it... Being an all-day/weekend thing, it shouldn't be a problem. It's been a while since I've played MK8 with others here and I'm looking forward to doing it again! as long as Dragon stops passing me at the last second

Years
Sounds fun. Yikes, Mirror mode!!

Definitely joining with Pink Gold Peach and/or Waluigi.

One thing, won't be able to play on labor day...I will be laboring!! No joke :/

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm definitely going to join, because it takes place on a weekend. What's more is that this is going to take place after the DLC update.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
If only this came out in time for our event! Shame. Looks like we're having another Mario Kart 8 event after it releases though! ;)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Just ordered myself a Wii U, so you can expect me at the event come this weekend.

Also I know you gave a date range for the event but will there be specific times when we'll be jumpin' on?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
The event will be available from midnight Saturday to the stroke of midnight Monday. So you can jump in at any point during the event, but people can use this thread to specifically hop on at times. :D

Also! If anyone is interested, there will be a Skype chat to chat with your fellow Karters throughout the three days, so if you're interested in that, just add me on Skype and also let me know you want to be in the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back