• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon GlitterGold (Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
fair 'nuff, so hows the battle system coming along?
or dont you know just yet
D'oh! I just realized, it's supposed to be X to bring up the menu, not Z; that's the action key. XD; *fixes that one poster*

As for the battle system, the one it had before had some issues after I got it from Shadow_Pingu (the brains behind it) when I lost my progress a long while ago with missing variables and common events, so he's been going over it all to fix it up and redo it. When I last talked to him about it a few weeks ago, he said he'd have it ready around the time the revised demo is out, which should be in mid/late August since I want it out before I'm back in college. I'll probably talk to him when I have Routes 45/46 revised to make sure we're on schedule.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Revision Progress Update
Blackthorn and the Dragon's Den are all revised now. Slightly remapped the Blackthorn Gym to add a wall and change the flooring for the first floor. Would be great to get a lava autotile, though. XD Also went back and finished revising the events in the Tin Tower. Those might get changed a bit once the CBS is in and you can actually catch Suicune, Raikou, and Entei to get to the second floor, and the maps'll then be added.

Routes 45, 46, and any finishing touches to the Elm and Mr. Pokemon event are next before adding the items to the Whirl Islands and then I'll move into Kanto.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
You're a machine, aren't you Lance. It's great to see you accomplishing so much in so little time, I'll be awaiting the release. Good luck, man.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
You're a machine, aren't you Lance. It's great to see you accomplishing so much in so little time, I'll be awaiting the release. Good luck, man.
Well, I'm trying to have the demo out by late August before I head back to college, so I'm trying to move as fast as I can while still doing my side-stuff. XD

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Just a Very Quick Update
Routes 45 and 46 have been finished up. I'm going to revise Dark Cave and add the items to Whirl Islands now (I already revised most of the events and maps there, so it's just that left to add), and then it's onto Kanto. I should hopefully have those done by Sunday or Monday.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Update
I finished up Dark Cave, added the items to the Whirl Islands and made sure the teleports were all set, and went back and finished up the Ruins of Alph with the messages and everything. I'll have to go back to it when I figure out how I'll handle the Unown thing, since IIRC, those secret rooms only opened up when you had all the different Unown in Crystal. Here are some Ruins screens showing the messages, including the Kabuto room message in there just in case I didn't show it before.

ruinsofalphmessages.png

In order, it's the Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Omanyte, and Ho-Oh rooms.

And that's it; Johto's now in the books for the moment. For the last leg of the revising, it's onto Routes 26 and 27 and Victory Road, which I'll hopefully have done by Monday. I'll start talking to Shadow Pingu to make sure he's on schedule with the CBS.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
It sounds like everything is going great Lance! This progress is just staggering, I can't wait to try it out, man.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Hehe, thanks. That should be sometime next week, with any luck. ;)

Update
All right, Routes 27, 26, Victory Road, and Route 23 are all finished up. I'm sure everyone knows how Routes 26 and 27 look, but I thought I'd take my own slight spin on Route 23 since it was kinda too short in GSC, and the screens below showcase it (along with one shot of Victory Road).

route23victoryroad.png

Personally, I like how it came out, but it feels like the waterfalls are missing something that the chipset doesn't have. =/

Anyway, the last thing to do should be revising the Indigo Plateau events and the end of game stuff, which I'll hopefully have started or finished in the next few days before working on revising a new comparison for my GX/5D's site. If anyone spots their sprites or anything in the game, I'd say now's a good time to let me know about it so I can update the credits.

Atomic Reactor

You should make the entire walk way stairs. Otherwise the elevation change doesnt make sense. Like, the waterfalls are coming straight down, yet the stair case seems to have leveled out areas. It should be just a long staircase.
And, the waterfalls should have edges? Know what I mean? Like otherwise you see no elevation change.

Oh, and if you can for the caves (idk how much chipset space you have) put in some other variations of rocks. Just to mix it up a bit.

Everything is looking pretty cool. Sorry I havn't said anything before (not that my opinion means much lol) But yeah, keep up the great work. Does your battle system work 100% right now? And all your other systems?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
You should make the entire walk way stairs. Otherwise the elevation change doesnt make sense. Like, the waterfalls are coming straight down, yet the stair case seems to have leveled out areas. It should be just a long staircase.
Yeah, you've got a point. I was thinking of adding solid water spots in between like in the staircase, but it didn't look too good. I'll work on it.
And, the waterfalls should have edges? Know what I mean? Like otherwise you see no elevation change.
Yeah, I'm trying to work on the waterfalls, but I don't have a good waterfall autotile or anything for RM2K3, and the only other one is for RMXP, has four autotiles with different animation frames, and as a result, I don't know which of those would be good to use (it's the one posted by NyteWolf over on Page 1 of the Resource thread). I resized it to work on an RM2K3 chipset, but I don't know which frames or anything I should use.
Oh, and if you can for the caves (idk how much chipset space you have) put in some other variations of rocks. Just to mix it up a bit.
You mean in the way the Victory Road cave looks, or make it a different style of rock? I'm actually kinda thinking of making Route 23 a snowy area, too. XD
Everything is looking pretty cool. Sorry I havn't said anything before (not that my opinion means much lol) But yeah, keep up the great work. Does your battle system work 100% right now? And all your other systems?
Heh, no problem. As for the Battle System, I haven't implemented it into the game yet, but Shadow_Pingu's been working on it over the last few months and should have it finished by or slightly after the time I get this revised demo out, and I'll start doing it. The Bike system is pretty good thanks to the help I got from Neo-Dragon, but it'll probably need some tweaking to play the right theme after dismounting it. And I fixed up the Day/Night system to be like one that Rubyrulez posted in the Tutorials section, and it's pretty good; I have it activate when the "You're outside" switch is turned on while leaving a house or something like that, but I'll have to tweak it so that it doesn't cause trouble in caves, since that switch is also needed for the Bike coding. I'll probably make another switch for being in caves and fix it as needed.

Atomic Reactor

Ok right on. I would suggest having the battle system in the demo.

Oh and about the rocks, I just mean that you used one tile for the rocks. Not like the walls or the ground, the rocks. If you had 1 or 2 more rocks, and varied them up, it would look better.

And that idea with the leveled areas of water would look neat. I'm sure you could pull it off somehow.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Oh and about the rocks, I just mean that you used one tile for the rocks. Not like the walls or the ground, the rocks. If you had 1 or 2 more rocks, and varied them up, it would look better.
Ohhh. I thought you meant the outside on Route 23. XD Yeah, I agree, it wasn't that varied. I'll work on diversifying it a bit.
And that idea with the leveled areas of water would look neat. I'm sure you could pull it off somehow.
Well, I might've now. I managed to add the waterfall base to the chipset, so it looks okay, I think. It's probably missing something on top, though. Screens below.

Well, after a good hour or three working on the chipset, adding some snow tiles from the Complete Johto RMXP tileset into the chipset, and working on fixing the views from the Victory Road/League Gate and the VRoad/Indigo parts of the maps so it won't be snowy in the former (yet still have some flurries) while it's all snowy up in the latter part of it. I also fixed a few pixel errors with the Pokemon League Building stuff. Here's some screens of the Route now:

Route232.png

Feedback is welcome.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I like it. The waterfalls still look a bit funny but they look better then before. Just one little problem is that if it is snowing then why are there nice blooming flowers? Just thought i would critique a bit.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
I like it. The waterfalls still look a bit funny but they look better then before. Just one little problem is that if it is snowing then why are there nice blooming flowers? Just thought i would critique a bit.
Yeah, I'm kinda worried about that, too. The tileset I got the snow tiles from didn't have snow flowers in it, and with my skills in spriting being less than decent, I don't know what colors to add where to make the flowers have some snow on 'em. Until I find a tileset that has snow flowers, I guess they'll have to do. =/

Atomic Reactor

Looking better. The next thing i would suggest, is get rid of the trees by the waterfall. The trees are all on the same elevation, which throws it off. Put mountain walls there instead eh?

Btw, you could just get rid of the flowers and replace it with... idk, rocks or more path?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Looking better. The next thing i would suggest, is get rid of the trees by the waterfall. The trees are all on the same elevation, which throws it off. Put mountain walls there instead eh?

Btw, you could just get rid of the flowers and replace it with... idk, rocks or more path?
Hmm...well, for the latter, I decided to just use the snowy bushes where the flowers are as a temporary solution (might look a bit repetitive, though). With any luck, someone'll post a snow flower autotile or something.

As for the former, yeah, I went and fixed it up a bit and added the walls, as seen below:

Route233.png

My only worry is that the walls at the foot of the waterfall should probably be a tile higher. I could probably move it up and fix the tree discrepancies there with the snow bush, but I wanted to get feedback first.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Big Update
Well guys, I've finished revising all of the Indigo Plateau stuff, and after making sure I didn't leave anything out back in Johto, I present to you: the revised GlitterGold Demo!

As I said, it contains everything up to the Elite 4, and any previously missing events should be here. You'll also find the incomplete Battle Tower to the north of Route 40 (which I'll make a Battle Frontier after the Elite 4), and the start of the Trick House. I'll try to get some work done on the puzzles once the CBS is put in. So, like I said, the CBS won't be implemented until the next demo, after Shadow Pingu finishes it, so aside from that, enjoy. Also...I'm aware that the title screen'll need some improving, so just bear with it. XD *updates the first post*

Also, Blazers started making a userbar for the game but couldn't finish it, so I finished it up. I probably messed it up by adding Gold, Ho-Oh, and Kris to it, though. ;D

glittergolduserbar.jpg

URL: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/GymLeaderLance99/glittergolduserbar.jpg

Credit to Avatar for Gold, Atomic Lugia for Ho-Oh, and rm2k3kid for Kris.

So, feel free to let me know if you find any errors or bugs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
I like what you did with the banner!
But anywho, as soon as were able to free up some space on our 1 gig free hardrive >.>.. I'll download the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back