• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make a pokemon battle system like sapphire

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
well its quite easy and you can do it right in the dbs to saves a bunch first lets make a battle but a trainer battle.

Ok first ur gonna need a monster set with a trainer
then set his HP and all the crap to defualt
now put his pokemon BELLOW him set those to whatever level you want
now Go into enemy group this is 2k3.
now delete all battles these are defualt
now make a new one name it Bug boy battle Encounter 1
now show a message inside the blah whatever that is write whatever hes gonna say this is the code
Message..say whatever
Ok now this is the tricky part HOw do we make the trainer dissapear and the enemy appears
ha ha very simple
Go to modify HP now modify the Trainers hp set it to 0 he should dissapear now do that encounter thing Now after that make a switch name it BATTLE is active now make a new page with that have it to that switch now make a fork check the enemys hp if its 0 now modify the trainers hp and set it back to defualt and do the the battle ending message something like
message..Oh darn I tried my best

I hope you enjoyed this this is just 1 battle if you have a team battle its quite simple do everything like this bute double it.

Copyright to the owners of this battle

I did not originaly make this Ive seen this in just about every pokemon game I see without a cbs.

if you use rm2k its the same but without battle chars anyways I hope this helps and remember I did not originaly write this.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I'm also making a pokemon style battle system using the DBS (default battle system)

battlescene.jpg

thats just a screen of it..

Heres what else todo:

for HP bar for the ooponent:
Go into Paint or some program like, open up the battleground and wherever you want, put a HP BAR (full)- save it as - something like "battleground_HPFULL"
Then edit the hp bar by talking a tiny bit off- save this now as "battleground_HP90-95%"
Edit it again- and make it even more taken away- save this as- "battleground_HP75-89%".............. And so on.
Now go into monster group- the eveent box- Trigger: when monsters hp is 90-95%.(or whatever)- event coomand: change ballte ground- to the one with the corisponding HP bar----

SIMPLE!

ok, heres and easyier way to do a traininer battle: make a tainer (in the monster section) put him as in a monster group (as in don't say "add monster" and add the pokemon first- well you can- but this is easier) FIRST!
Then add the pokemon where you want it to be on the battleground- right click on the pokemon and check the Invisable option. so when you battle, you'll only see the trainer......
Make a new event in the monstergroup section........ trigger: when 0 turns elapsed.....
Make the trainer say whatever you want.........
Show inisable monster........
cahnge monster condition: trainer- death.........
and there you go.........

MUCH EASIER!

The reason i said put the trainer first is: when doing another trainer battle........... Copy that event page into the other monster grou event section- that way- you won't have to change the code everytime.

EDIT: i should realy of made another thread out of this one- so other people can see it/ use it..... since we already have a thread for a complete custom battle system for pokemon.

Last edited:

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Thanks I didn't know that.
You cannot check the enemy's hp in the battle?

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
that i know of, there is only one way to see the enemys hp in battle, and thats make a varibale which is = to <what ever monsters> HP, and have a skill or or battle command called somethign like <check enemys HP> - then in the monster event commands- say : trigger- when hero uses battle command (or skill) "check opponents HP" and the code is : show message- "Opponents HP = \v[ * ]" - put the number of the variable into the [ ] - eg. is the variabe is 006:enemy hp- well its : \v[6]

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Can you just Post the code you have for it I cannot understand you.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Code

This IS FOR RPG MAKER 2003 ****

Ok, look at this pic....

code1.jpg

see the red circle-ish shape that a drew- inside that is the battle events i was talking about.....

look at the trigger- thats what causes the event to happen......... so this says when Pidgeys HP is betwenn 80 and 90.
and look what happens when his HP is between that:
change battleground to HP- 80 90 (as you can see in the picture- his HP at the start is full)

I made servel backgrounds with the HP on it, each one with less HP- Eg.
HPbar.jpg

look at the red area- you'll notice that the HP is lower.

ok now look back up at the first pic- there is like 8 events- thats all the HP

so when you have done the first one. click on NEW PAGE and do the same except this time say for the trigger "when pidgeys HP is between 60- 79" or something like that,
then change the background to the one with the right hp bar shown on it.....

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
NP (no prob.)

BTW, why isn't anyone posting here? lol its just me and u.
Thats a good tut. i gave hahahaha. It should be in a sticky or something hahaha......

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
no, i done all that myself, its common sence to build that with the DBS, its just a basic hp bar.

BTW, I WOULD NEVER ROB ANYONE ELSES WORK AND CREDIT IT AS MY OWN!!!

plus, i can't even open your game (pokemon shiny) in the maker- so i don't know your code :P

Last edited:

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Ok before battles you should make a section fore battle beginnings and for ends well that must have its OWN section aswell hope this helps.

Back