• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
sorryyyyy.Now can you help me please....

Im a beginner at this.And when i downloaded all 6 files none of them worked.

Help,i downloaded all 6 files and it didn't work on my VBA.

also, try to rename the ROM EXACTLY the same name as the ips (i suggest copy and pasting)

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
hi there... can somebody help me?
i have a ashgray game with ips file 2.1... I completed all beta 1.0's quest in the list, but then i can't go on (i have a great wall made of trees).. how can i upload it with patch 2.5z without losing my saves?
thank you..

P.s: in beta 1.o' quest list i have to complete those:
The Song of Jigglypuff
A Chansey Operation
Holy Matrimony

How can i do them?
thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
hi there... can somebody help me?
i have a ashgray game with ips file 2.1... I completed all beta 1.0's quest in the list, but then i can't go on (i have a great wall made of trees).. how can i upload it with patch 2.5z without losing my saves?
thank you..

P.s: in beta 1.o' quest list i have to complete those:
The Song of Jigglypuff
A Chansey Operation
Holy Matrimony

How can i do them?
thanks again

Beta 2.5 is mostly just an update. There are only three new episodes to do in this beta. Try entering a building and coming out again, though, you should be able to pass the trees and do the other three episodes.

For The Song of Jigglypuff: Buy the Berry Juice from Mossgreen Village.

For A Chansey Operation, just bring Pikachu to the hospital and talk to the doctor.

For Holy Matrimony, uhm, just read the sign that shows James is missing, go into the mansion, look at the caskets, and then battle Jessiebelle.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
Beta 2.5 is mostly just an update. There are only three new episodes to do in this beta. Try entering a building and coming out again, though, you should be able to pass the trees and do the other three episodes.

For The Song of Jigglypuff: Buy the Berry Juice from Mossgreen Village.

For A Chansey Operation, just bring Pikachu to the hospital and talk to the doctor.

For Holy Matrimony, uhm, just read the sign that shows James is missing, go into the mansion, look at the caskets, and then battle Jessiebelle.

I updated beta 2.5z but when i open the game when I try to mov i get teleported to the safari zone... then i can't do anything because i don't have the bicicle... what can i do?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I updated beta 2.5z but when i open the game when I try to mov i get teleported to the safari zone... then i can't do anything because i don't have the bicicle... what can i do?

This happens because the variable used for the walking script in JPAN's hacked engine was the same as the one used for the St. Anne leaving. As a result, if you have an old save file, that variable will be set, which will activate the walking script for the Safari Zone count. My only advice is to hack the game yourself, or else start a new save file.

What you'd need to do is download A-Map and XSE. Open up the Safari Zone map (where the warden is before you enter) and place a sprite directly in front of the area where you appear. Write a script in XSE for the sprite like:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
setvar 0x407e 0x0
warp (I forget all the warp bytes needed, but XSE will tell you - just convert the map numbers to hex)
waitstate
end

Open the game, get warped to the Safari Zone, talk to the sprite, get warped back to the map you want to be at, and continue play as normal. I'm sorry but that's the only way to fix this problem using an old save file.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
This happens because the variable used for the walking script in JPAN's hacked engine was the same as the one used for the St. Anne leaving. As a result, if you have an old save file, that variable will be set, which will activate the walking script for the Safari Zone count. My only advice is to hack the game yourself, or else start a new save file.

What you'd need to do is download A-Map and XSE. Open up the Safari Zone map (where the warden is before you enter) and place a sprite directly in front of the area where you appear. Write a script in XSE for the sprite like:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
setvar 0x407e 0x0
warp (I forget all the warp bytes needed, but XSE will tell you - just convert the map numbers to hex)
waitstate
end
Open the game, get warped to the Safari Zone, talk to the sprite, get warped back to the map you want to be at, and continue play as normal. I'm sorry but that's the only way to fix this problem using an old save file.

O.M.G. I haven't understood anything.... XD
well, don't mind... i'll keep this version even if i've just completed all the things i could do.. more or less when will you update a new version? (it's only curiosity...^^)

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2010
can somebody help me...I downloaded all 6 files and none of them worked on my VBA.

Ashdejan

TheForbiddenBeast
Years
Guys i am stuck i cant go to Vermilion cuz the guard says there is sth going on in Cerulian i talked to EVERYONE there and nothing i did the AJ,Secret Village and that fancy school missions do we have to do them in order or what also i hacked my way to vermilion will that affect the game later on?

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
Im stuck in Saffron. I came in from route 7 and Ive talked to everyone and did everything. What do I do?

Nevermind that, I found my way to Lavander. What do I do after I defeat Sabrina?

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Guys i am stuck i cant go to Vermilion cuz the guard says there is sth going on in Cerulian i talked to EVERYONE there and nothing i did the AJ,Secret Village and that fancy school missions do we have to do them in order or what also i hacked my way to vermilion will that affect the game later on?

/facepalm
you're supposed to do the bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander and krabby episodes before going to vermillion.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
hi everybody.. I have to defeat koga's gym but i don't know how to pass the wall inside the gym... what can i do?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
There are two errors I found. The first is, when your in the hidden village, if you use an escape rope, you'll be on Three Island and it will be all glitched up. The second is in Sabrina's gym. That guy that you battle before Sabrina if you lose to him, the next time you enter the gym it lets you go straight to Sabrina, instead of battling him again.

Ashdejan

TheForbiddenBeast
Years

/facepalm
you're supposed to do the bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander and krabby episodes before going to vermillion.

I know i used rope in hidden village and got teleported to somwhere with lv 30+ pokemons when i go through the portal i am back in village then on the route to Celadon.But anyway from Vermilion i went up and did squirtle,charmander and krabby episodes so anyway i finished it

Years
great hack room!!!! downloading!
thankyou-ambigram.jpg.html

thank-you.jpg.html

gracias.gif.html

Gracias.gif.html

gracias.GIF.html

thank_you.gif.html

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2010
I don't know if anyone has already asked this but I need the answer. Hi Metapod. Your version AshGray is AMAZING. I watched the entire season 1 of Pokémon as a kid and I still watch it from time to time. The game you've made is something I've been dreaming about since childhood and trhanks to you, I could finally play a Pokémon game which resembled the feel and awesomess of the Cartoon/Animé. Thank you

I recently heard of this game and I downloaded the newest version: Beta 2.5 After I gave a Meowth to Timmy in the pre-school it seemed like the game ended. I was walking left which was just a BIG space of grass which ended with trees and I couldn't go further in the game. Then I checked your episode list where it says which episodes have been done and put in the game and just like I expected, it ends with "The Purr-Fect Hero"

Now FINALLY, here's my question. Of course I want to continue playing the game when more of the episodes have been included and when you can advance but here's my question: When this happen and will probably be in a new downloadable beta, can I continue the game from where I left of in the 2.5 Beta or do I have to play the game ALL over again :(

Please answer me and keep up the good work :)

Back