• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
There is a small, tiny minuscule bug I noticed. Well, not so much a bug but a graphic error. The sign showing that a Pokemon's move is a special one has a few pixel errors, not huge but I thought I'd just report it. n_n
I've been aware of it, but thanks for bringing it back up again.

*** and *** aren't in the pokedex? And are they and *** obtainable?
The Elite 4 rematches use mons outside the dex- these are not obtainable by the player. Anything that shows up in the Pokedex can be found somewhere- if you look in your Key Items you should see something related to #151. With regards to the rematch being horrifically difficult- it's kinda meant to be. Experiment with your team- it's possible to beat it underleveled, even without EVs. Your team in particular has a glaring weakness to Ghost/Dark + Fighting coverage.

But question...where can I find a Skorupi(if it's possible)?
The Skorupi line isn't in.

is it for Fire Red v1.0 or v1.1

Years
cool man thanks a lot ;) I have a Volcarona and it's stats in comparison to Larvesta's are very different^^ Larvesta's higher stat was attack and ev training special attack was very difficult.I haven't played any gen 5 games so I don't know if it's normal that way but felt like writing it :D

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Larvesta having more physical attack than Volcarona is normal.

Have an update y'all

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
looks like someone is a touhou fan here.

and as usual (for many hacks this one included), enemymons with base stats higher than arceus. time for toxic and stall to win again.

and argh my fav 5th gen excadrill is not in here. and yet you have stuff like sentret/furret included. I know from ur sig its prob ur favorite mon but still =/

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
also, I love the hack, the only real complaint I have is:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hmm, this hack seems good, might ttry it, but, does this hack have the original cries of the 4th and 5th gen pokemon? (ex: riolu with it's cry from d/p/pt instead of a random one)

Tailes

Nothing to see here
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2022
Yes it does, and they're actually decent quality for a change.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
Are shiny rates increased?
I was at Cerulean Cave and found a shiny Muk. First thing it did was use Memento, ALL MY RAGE!!
I wanted to use it on my re-match with the E4.

Spoiler:

is the vs seeker available?

I believe he removed it, for obvious reasons of course.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I had some glitches with the 1.9 beta. Some of the small sprites of my Pokemon are actually back to the regular Pokemon of the Kanto Dex, such as my Gligar being a Meowth. And when I try to click on them, the game freezes.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
is the vs seeker available?
No. The new dex means I'd have to manually readjust everyone's team to the new level curve, and to be fair it isn't really an important item- you can level just fine killing wilds and as you go the need to match the AI's level decreases due to EV gains and better options.

is there anything left besides e4 rematch
No, that's the end of the hack. I'd imagine by that point most people would be sick of me, and since I can't easily predict what level you're at there (some people will go way past it, others will just strategize or spam items) there's not much point to making more content.

I had some glitches with the 1.9 beta. Some of the small sprites of my Pokemon are actually back to the regular Pokemon of the Kanto Dex, such as my Gligar being a Meowth. And when I try to click on them, the game freezes.
I'm not sure what'd be causing this. It sounds like you might be just applying the hard patch, which doesn't have any content on its own- it just disables items and removes EV gains. It's also possible you didn't apply the patch at all. I'm pretty sure that the patch actually works considering how long it's been out with nobody having this issue.

Also, it's not a beta, I just update things as the need arises. :V

timson733333

Woah.
Years
No. The new dex means I'd have to manually readjust everyone's team to the new level curve, and to be fair it isn't really an important item- you can level just fine killing wilds and as you go the need to match the AI's level decreases due to EV gains and better options.

I think I found a nice grinding spot: Right below the Pokémon League.

Small patch of grass.

Lots of Nidos.

Go.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
The mechanics present in this hack are really awesome. But I think they are more suited to Emerald, since Emerald has the Battle Frontier which emphasizes the "competitive battling" aspect.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
The mechanics present in this hack are really awesome. But I think they are more suited to Emerald, since Emerald has the Battle Frontier which emphasizes the "competitive battling" aspect.

The Frontier is only interesting if you have a decent sized dex, and I chose to cut it down intentionally so it would be easier to balance. Even then I don't think I did a very good job, any competitive battling would probably centralize heavily around Whimsicott, Dragonite, and Aerodactyl.

(also nobody hacks emerald so the title wouldn't work :V)

can we use this Game as the rom base?

I'd prefer if you didn't- there's not much in here you can't recreate with a bit of patience, experimentation, and looking at tutorials. You're free to extract the animation and battle scripts if you give credit, though.

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
Are the following Pokemon available in the game?:

Houndour/Houndoom
Poliwag/whirl/wrath
Spearow/Fearow

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
None of lines those are in.

Also, have an update. This will probably be the last one.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Back