• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite/least favorite B2W2 gym leader

Favorite B2W2 gym leader?

• Total voters

MarkSill

ROM Hacking Newb
Years
Least favorite: Clay as it took me 17 tries to beat him (My Snivy wasn't a high enough level), and my favorite is Skyla because I happened to find a Zebstrika right before I battled her, and I one-shot her strongest (It is water and flying:P), and two shotted her other two. I did have trouble getting to her in the first place though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2013
my favorite was draydon because dragon pokemon are cool. my least favorite was roxie because i consider poison types to be weak especially since my favorite type is psychic and they destroy poison.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Elesa's B2W2 gym made me feel like a star for the first time ever while playing Pokemon. The audience, scenery, and music created this amazing celebrity-like atmosphere. Elesa, herself, is always going to be my favorite gym leader.

Least favorite was probably Marlon. I don't dislike him as a character, but his gym was nothing special.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Favourite gym leader is kinda hard to say. None really stood that much out to me, however I really liked Cheren this time around, compared to how I felt about him in B/W. In the originals, I felt like he just acted like a prof, without really being at quite that level, however in B2/W2, I felt like he actually was more than just talk. It may just be because of his position I feel that way, but he does seem to have matured, and his appearances in the games weren't as annoying anymore, though that's just kinda the rival feel. So I like him for his development since the originals.

Least favourite is kinda a tie between Clay and Marlon. Clay's my least favourite, mainly because the battle against him was so difficult for me, without actually being fun. I'm pretty sure I just had a bad choice of Pokemon and didn't plan out the battle well enough, though I just didn't really like the battle. And the gym puzzle was really boring for my taste. Marlon was more because of his personality, and because he was so weak despite being the final gym leader. I just kinda feel like Clay and his gym should've been switched around, maybe then I'd have been less annoyed at Clay. But the way Marlon talked to you was just super annoying, and it felt like he was kinda undermining you, even though he'd just lost a battle and asfdghsdgfk. I just really didn't like him.

Years
I can't say as I really had a favorite, but I found that I preferred Skyla and Drayden to the rest of the Gym Leaders. I really liked the designs of both their Gyms, and thought they both had neat occupations outside of being the Gym Leaders (pilot and mayor, respectively).

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I liked Drayden a lot mainly because he actually used Flygon and Haxorus together which, yes was a tough fight but certainly worth it to see the place freeze over. I think I liked Clay's gym the least, not because of the gym itself but because there was so much accessed after it the tension was infuriating.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Skyla and Roxie both have that special something in their personalities and style. Elesa too, but I'm not that much attracted to the diva-style gym leader. xD I do have to admit that Homika's DOGARS freaked me out when I first arrived. I did NOT expect that at all (despite knowing that it'll happen -.- )

Droidz

¬‿¬
Years
I'd say my favourite is Cheren just because of how interactive he is in the main story of B/W2 and I think his character is general improved in this game and out of all the gym leaders he comes to mind first.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Favorite Gym Leader: Definitely Roxie. Her gym isn't anything elaborate but it fits her punk-rock motif perfectly and I seriously love her design. Close second to Cheren!

Worst Gym Leader: Burgh, I've never liked him.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
I'm judging only by their personality in the cartoon series, 'cause otherwise they all seem too plain to me, and I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite at all.

I love Burgh. He's hilarious. Probably the character in the whole series that gave me the most laughs. He may be weird, but in my opinion he's funny-weird.

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
I really liked Roxie and Marlon, they just stood out from the rest for some reason to me.

I abosulutely hated Clay, he was just really annoying and he thought he was such a bigshot.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I liked Skyla the best.
I don't know, her gym was fun, and her personality fit her perfectly.

In game, I personally disliked Burgh's gym. I don't know why, I found him and his gym to be somewhat forgettable. >.>

I'll just say my opinion on each of them, because I'm too scatterbrained to pick a definitive favorite and least favorite! :D

Chili Cilan and Cress - Honestly my favorite part of them were the bad puns and wordplay. I do love me some bad puns. As characters their design and battle style doesn't interest me much though.

That Normal type Librarian Lady - I appreciated her role and existence in the game. It seems minute too; but I'm just glad they finally put a black gym leader into the mix as well. (NO Brock is... some kind of, Idunno something besides black though. Maybe... The same thing as The Rock. HAH ironic.)

Burgh - he uh, well I liked his pokemon and battle more than him as a character. In the show it made me wanna swallow my fist when his Leavanny knew Hyper Beam. :I Why Burgh... why....

Elesa - Not really one I liked at first, in fact I thought little of her in B/W 1. BUT - in B2/W2, through the memory link - I got to see the most amazing cutscene in pokemon ever. The discussion between Elesa and Skyla. I learned that Elesa secretly did not like her life as a model, and yearned to be taken less seriously - and make TERRIBLE jokes and puns. This tickled me to no end, and instantly made her my favorite gym leader. "Throw that misbehaving Klink in the Klink!" DOHOHOHOHO

Clay - Meh, Clay was kinda cool I thought - because he was one of the first to run in and fight the Seven Sages at the end of B1 / W1, which seemed kinda awesome. Plus, his pokemon were neat. Excadrill besides being banned, is cool.

Skyla - looks like Sylveon / Ninfeon. :I Also, appreciated her design - but as soon as I saw it, expected the more adult pokemon community to um... Well, indulge themselves in a lot of fanart with her character.

Brycen - I liked Brycen. He was given an awkward gym leader role, being the Ice type leader, where even his little welcoming guy kinda told you Ice types had a lot of weaknesses (then proceeded to list them all off... that guy should be fired.) But he also had a signature pokemon, that was physical - and ice. His Beartic was pretty intimidating though. Still, Gigalith lol'd at this.

Drayden - I disliked. :/ I seriously spent about, maybe 2 hours looking at his sprite, character art, and fan art of his face... because I couldn't figure out what the buck was going on with it. Is that... a beard? A chin strap thing? Is he trying to be Bane from Batman? Did he like, bury his face in whip cream and decide to just go with it, and leave it on? It wasn't until my friend in the opposite version - Spitfire - told me it was actually supposed to be a beard, I gave up on liking him. That's not how you wear a beard, Drayden. :L It looks like that thing is trying to eat his face, and the two are engaged in a neverending battle. That he's losing. Seriously, I wanna hear him talk. It must sound like "Mmmff pmmf mahhhfmmfm."

Cheren - I'm glad Cheren was not only back so soon in the sequels, but also played such a significant role. I wasn't used to that much character development and importance in a Pokemon game, and it surprised me. Plus I like his pokemon, and going around with him when you team up.

Roxie - Roxie was legit. :D I liked her, her design, pokemon, persona, and battle style. She's coo.

Marlon - when i first saw his character pre-release... I shuddered a bit not gonna lie. Then I played the game and found out he talked kinda like I did, and was basically the biggest bro in the entire region- and what's more, a pretty solid gym battle. Respect, blue haired half-wetsuit wearing guy. Respect.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Can't say I dislike any of the gym leaders, but my favorite one has to be Drayden. He's got probably the coolest gym leader design out of all the gym leaders (and not just from this game), and he's also a dragon type trainer.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
Favorite: Elesa. I love her new look and her new Gym layout, plus I love how down-to-earth she is. And the Lady Gaga references were amazing! I also like Marlon quite a bit - his design is cool.

Least favorite: Probably Cheren. I kinda found him a little annoying, and he was hard. But at least he's helpful on the Xtransceiver.

I kinda miss the Striaton brothers as Gym Leaders.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
I like Roxie the most because I like the 'punk' feel she has.

I guess I dislike Clay the most, never liked the southern style/mining guy too much.

Back