• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Precious Pokemon Moments

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Title says it all. What are your PokeMoments that stills and touches your heart everytime you reminisce them?
Here's mine.

I'm playing Heart gold and I was on the Ho-oh tower.. then I interacted with Ho-oh. Ho-oh made all my pokemon.. Despite my Pikachu that I obtained via AR code (Starter Modifier).. Ho-oh's HP was still almost half.. when I threw my last Pokeball in it.. Then DANG! It was caught.

It's so memorable for me.. Because knowing that Legendary pokemon like Ho-oh are only caught using high-powered balls. But then, I took him using only a Plain Pokeball.

How about you? Please share your moments with us. :D

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Chasing down the legendary dogs. I only was able to capture Suicune. I did weaken Raikou enough but never got to capture him. Entei I barely came across. Traveling on the S.S. Anne and S.S. Aqua were memorable times too. Beating all the trainers there is how I was able to level up alot of my Pokémon (along with the help of EXP Share).

Oh, the nostalgia. Take me back. Even in this point of my life, I want to relive it all and regain all I lost when my Crystal version died and erased everything.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Chasing down the legendary dogs. I only was able to capture Suicune. I did weaken Raikou enough but never got to capture him. Entei I barely came across. Traveling on the S.S. Anne and S.S. Aqua were memorable times too. Beating all the trainers there is how I was able to level up alot of my Pokémon (along with the help of EXP Share).

Oh, the nostalgia. Take me back. Even in this point of my life, I want to relive it all and regain all I lost when my Crystal version died and erased everything.

Oh, you've been playing Crystal, too?
This is another from me.

In my Crystal game.. I remember the time when I had to complete the Johto Dex.. It was hard but it's also worth it. All my hard work bore a very sweet fruit.
Encountering Rival Silver was also very fun.. Because I enjoyed beating him HAHAHA :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Gonna put a memory that's not game-related so I can justify this staying here :P

One of my precious but kind of cruel memories is getting rare Pokemon from younger kids in the neighborhood. "Your favorite color is blue, right? Look, I'll give you TWENTY BLUE ENERGIES for that shiny Charizard!!!!"

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Posting non-game things since...that'd technically belong elsewhere. :P

- Getting my first four cards from my cousin. Eevee, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu. I still have the former two. :) <3

- My dad buying me Blue Version before he went away for a while.

- My dad buying me a Togekiss plushie.

- My boyfriend giving me a Victini plushie, and later an Umbreon plushie.

- The fact that I forced myself into Pokemon because it's all my friends were talking about lol. And now I'm a walking Pokedex. :P Not bad for someone that forced themselves to like something, right?

- Buying this big Charizard plushie from Walmart with my birthday money!! They used to hang those big ones from the ceiling and I had been eyeing it for a while. :3c

Years
When I got my old Pikachu plushie back when I was in my early days of fandom.

I no longer own him, but he still holds a place in my heart.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
It's really difficult to find my most precious moment, but if I had to pick then it had to be that moment during the Summer holiday of 1999 when my four-year old self was sitting on the ground, staring at the TV -- still with a big bulky tube -- and I watched the first ever episode airing in my country. I was enchanted by the show. God, that 13 and a half years from now, I am still into pokémon, and I am a member of a pokémon-centred forum I would have never have guessed. It pretty much altered the course of my childhood -- or my whole life -- from there.

One of my other most cherished moments I had with the pokémon fandom is probably my seventh birthday when I got my own pokémon silver game. Man, the hours and hours I played on that thing. Then finally getting into the most intense battle I've ever had on Mt. Silver against Red. Man, that was taleworthy.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I will always look back with a smile on my face and a pain in my heart on my time at the old Pokemon Trading Card Game League they held at my local Toys R Us. I made so many good friends during that time, and we all just sat around playing and talking about Pokemon. Those were the best two hours I spent every Saturday morning when it ran.

That was over ten years ago, and I still run into someone that I met there, and we're still friends.

It always hurts a bit that TRU stopped running that league without warning, and I never got a chance to say good-bye to everyone I met there.

I'll never regret my time spent at that league.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I think that was when I pulled a Full art N card from my first pack of Nobel victories.

I was actually looking for Dark explorers pack because I wanted to see if I could pull that Darkrai FA ex.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Here's another mine..

I remember the times when I have to trade my Giratina for a Pikachu.. But I loved that Giratina so much, so i Couldn't do it. But there a kind old man, also collecting TCG cards had 2 Pikachu's, and when I offered him my Girtatina, He refused to takek it but instead gave 1 of his pikachu's.

I'll be seeing that old man again someday. :D

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I used to own a pair of Pikachu slippers and they were really comfortable. They disappeared and for years afterwards I was still convinced that I had them somewhere but they were hidden even though we moved like three times and I packed the entire contents of my bedroom each time hoping to find them.

Also at the beginning of gen 5 I accidentally only selected 2 Pokemon - Scizor and Heracross - before a battle and I ended up winning with no casualties. And I was down to only my Murkrow in a battle while the opponent still had a Slowking and Dusclops and I won that too even though my Murkrow set is really weird.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
I remember when I was a little kid and I just finished Pokemon Silver. When I beat the Elite 4 the credits rolled and everything. I was little, and I would get uh, really sad whenever I finished a game. I refused to believe that the game was over. I did the same thing in Pokemon Red, but I don't remember anything special happening afterwards. Then all of a sudden I was on the S.S. Anne and arrived in Vermilion City with new gym badges to collect and everything. The game wasn't over, and I was probably the happiest little kid in the world, even replaying that part in Soul Silver gives me chills.

Having Pokemon follow you around was pretty great too in Soul Silver. It reminded me of Yellow Version, and casually walking around with Lugia was pretty awesome haha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
I remember this sweet moment in White 2..

It was on Aspertia City and I just defeated Cheren. Then when I went out, and Bianca rushed into my side. Then Cheren went out of the Gym, and he talked to Bianca. I found that sweet, knowing that they had weird chemistry in white.
:D

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Going to the Pokemon Center in NYC back when it was still The Pokemon Center. I honestly feel bad for everyone who goes to the Nintendo Center, now. So not the same.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
For me it'd definitely be spending my childhood alongside my brother playing the games constantly as soon as they came out. Whenever a new game was released we'd spend the next 3 or 4 days just playing them non-stop, racing to see who could complete them first and with the coolest team. That died down a bit as we got older but there's still a general sense of competition as we're playing them and it makes the games so much more fun. Most memorable was Hoenn as we were both mystified by the new Pokémon and region, it was just incredible seeing everything so new and racing to explore the lands and catch the most exciting Pokémon possible. We'd work out puzzles together like the legendary golems and get excited by aspects like Shedinja's evolving or the old mysterious boat on the surfing route to Slateport, it was just such a fun time haha. Man I miss it D:

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
For me it'd definitely be spending my childhood alongside my brother playing the games constantly as soon as they came out. Whenever a new game was released we'd spend the next 3 or 4 days just playing them non-stop, racing to see who could complete them first and with the coolest team. That died down a bit as we got older but there's still a general sense of competition as we're playing them and it makes the games so much more fun. Most memorable was Hoenn as we were both mystified by the new Pokémon and region, it was just incredible seeing everything so new and racing to explore the lands and catch the most exciting Pokémon possible. We'd work out puzzles together like the legendary golems and get excited by aspects like Shedinja's evolving or the old mysterious boat on the surfing route to Slateport, it was just such a fun time haha. Man I miss it D:

Oh, sweet. :D
Here's other one from me..

When I was 9 years old, I had a girlfriend. The first thing I gave her is a Charmander Plushie. When we broke up, she returned to me the Charmander Plusie I gave her, with a burn heal plushie tied on the tip of it's tail.

PKMNMasterSonic

King Sonic
Years
My most Precious Moment was when I finally caught Latias on Emerald while watching Pokemon Heroes. I really felt like Ash then when she agreed to come with me. Next day we worked hard to win her the Master Ranked Cute Contest. Nothing beats the combo of Water Sport and Refresh.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
My most memorable moment is when I first saw ash die in pokemon the movie. If your a true pokemon fan and you say you didn't cry when you first saw that, YOU ARE LYING!!! Does anyone else agree with me?

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
After beating the elite 4 and getting all 16 badges in Pokemon Gold, I went to the deepest part of Mt.Silver. Upon reaching the deepest part I saw a trainer, his sprite looked quite familiar, when I clicked on him I saw that the trainer I was about to engage in battle with was none other than the same trainer that I WAS back in the previous version. It was kind of an epic moment, me against the trainer I was playing as before. It doesn't sound that great when you think about it now but just understand that all this happened after the recent release of Gold and Silver

Back