• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

MegaDex [Thread Version 2.0]

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
I have no idea what to say about that one. I can say that the wings look blocky, if you get what I'm saying. I am used to seeing a pixie with little bug-type wings. Like Tinkerbell or something. I like the overall shape of the body, but the head just looks funny to me. I don't know why.

But anyway, your an awasome spriter, I just wish i can get this good a scratch sprites.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Hyperion: Titan of Light said:
I have no idea what to say about that one. I can say that the wings look blocky, if you get what I'm saying. I am used to seeing a pixie with little bug-type wings. Like Tinkerbell or something. I like the overall shape of the body, but the head just looks funny to me. I don't know why.

But anyway, your an awasome spriter, I just wish i can get this good a scratch sprites.

The wings were meant to be blocky. I didn't want it to resemble a normal fairy. o.o What exactly are you referring to about the head?? Shading/shape?? Thanks a lot for the crits and praise. I appreciate it. XD

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Shape of the head, but if you have the wings meant to be like that then it looks fine. I was comparing it to when the wings could be more curved. I don't know why I actually said that the head looked wierd to me before....haha wow work has made me tired

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Work is definately the pits. o.o

I guess I won't edit anything, then, if you think it looks fine. I should have some new work up very soon. I've been bogged down with work, the holiday, and just the usual spriting delays lately. ._.

[Update!!]
If you followed the MegaDex back in late 2005, you might remember this sprite, or something very similar anyway. When I re-released this project to the public a few months ago, I cut the sprite. After re-working this a little bit, I'm going to add this guy back into the MegaDex. So yeah...this is Tempsyra's evolution, Transpyra. A Ghost/Fire type. o.O Let me know what you think!! XD

V2-Transpyra.png

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
I appreciate the comments, guys. XD As far as poses go, Demonta, I'm aware that the anatomy on a few sprites need to be re-worked. I can't find anything wrong with Tustalk's pose though. Can you maybe elaborate a little more as to what you mean?? o.o

[Update!!] I have a new sprite that I finished up here in the wee hours of the morning. This is just a small, common ground-type FakeMon. I call it Fongrel. This is also the sixth new sprite since I've reworked the Dex, so a whole new line has been added to the MegaDex, and the orders have been rearranged. You can check out the new sprite, along with the updated lineup below.

[Reminder:] If you didn't know, I constantly update the first post of this thread with my new material and the current lineup, along with new releases and Fan Buttons. So yeah...if you don't want to sift through the thread for new sprites and such, you can always check the first post to keep updated. XD

V2-Fongrel.png

DexPad-1.png

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Tustalks Pose is absolutly Fine! Its the best shaded one...

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Here's an overworld sheet I did of Odinpurr for a sprite comic I have in the works. I don't want to give away too much of the storyline yet, but let's just say Odinpurr plays an integral role in the plot. XD

Sheet-Odinpurr.gif

As always, comments appreciated!! XD

Demonta

Jem Juggler
Years
Well to me, the leg looked like it was bendy and rubbery, doesn't quite show the elbow/knee and sorta looks like it was just one long thing.

I might be looking at it funny but thats what I feel.

Another one to my eyes that seemed wrong was Plataia's legs.

The legs of Plataia seems to be too thin in order to be able to stand up on hind legs alone, the position of the body makes me feel that it will topple over as the front of the body in comparison is so much bigger compared to its tail.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Err...sorry for the lack of new material. With the server being down I just havn't had it in me to post much. Anywho...I should have new releases soon. Keep your eyes peeled!! XD

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
Hey, long time no see ^_^ I've been... Well away XD

I see you've done some new stuff, and I really like it ; )
Bokruge's head looks a little strange... Maybe play a little with it position/ looking direction.

Oh, have you... Hm, kicked some pokes out? I remember that there was another lizard there, one with hands, that looks like Kithadon...

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Dardanel said:
Hey, long time no see ^_^ I've been... Well away XD

I see you've done some new stuff, and I really like it ; )
Bokruge's head looks a little strange... Maybe play a little with it position/ looking direction.

Oh, have you... Hm, kicked some pokes out? I remember that there was another lizard there, one with hands, that looks like Kithadon...

Hey man,

As always thanks for the comments. I'm not sure I see what you're referring to with Bokruge's head. Maybe I'll play around with it later on, though. I did kick Kithadon's pre-evo, Kithada, out of the Dex (for now, anyway...). I just didn't feel good about that sprite. It just looked too awkward for my liking, and didn't really fit in with the feel of the Dex. I might re-sprite him at a later date, but we'll see...

Toadsworth said:
Well, those pokémon look almost real. Cool!

Thanks for the comment, Toadsworth. Glad you like them. XD

[Update!!] I've got a new sprite to release here today. (I know, I know...it's been quite a while since my last update.) Anywho...this is a new Flying/Ice type called Jaspen. Check him out below and leave me a comment!! XD

V2-Jaspen.png

[2nd Update!!] Another new addition to the MegaDex to release. Here is Wystem, a plant type. Its' evolution is a work in progress right now, and I'd have to say, it's one of the harder designs I've done. Keep your eyes open for that release soon, but for now, check out the pre-evolution and drop me a line!!

V2-Wystem.png

[3rd Update!!] Finished up another sprite late last night. This is a new Dark/Fighting type I call Morthana. As you can see, this guy can pack quite a punch with slashing moves, but is also well equipped with very powerful Dark type moves. When slashing with its claws, it commonly spins, or rotates on its pointed legs while whirling its arms in a vicious circle towards the enemy. Its sleek design and aerodynamic headpiece allow it to move at extremely high speeds.

V2-Morthana.png

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Dardanel said:
I like the new stuff you showed... But Wystem just doesn't seem right... I would advise that you try and re-do it... Though that is only my opinion...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like the way Wystem turned out. I've had the concept of the sprite for awhile, and I did it pretty quickly when I was at my friend's house the other night because he wanted to see me sprite. I think I am going to redo it when I get a chance. Glad ya like the other stuff though. XP

[Update!!] Ok, I've made an alternate version of Tustalk with flower petals coming out of the blossom on its head. I'm just looking for people's opinions on what looks better...the original version or the new version with the red petals. Let me know what you think, and whichever seems to be liked the most, I'll keep in the Dex as the final. XD

Comparison-Tustalk.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2006
Wow! These are amazing! My favorite has to be Jaspen. I love the shading, very well done - keep up the amazing work! :0

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Awesome, work. Absolutely, MegaFuz! I reckon Tustalk is better with the petals, gives him more of the grass type look.

Back