• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Daydream White Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
SK3Request.png

Pokémon Daydream White

Info
Hack of Pokémon Fire Red version
Created by SK3
A Pokémon Hacking Company Production

Storyline
What exactly are dreams? Are they just aspirations one holds within them, or are they something much more important.....

Welcome to the Sinjoh region! Located northeast of Johto, Sinjoh was crafted by settlers from two different regions who's cultures meshed together to become one entity. Although other parts of the world were in great turmoil, Sinjoh maintained a long lasting era of peace until the mysterious and eerie Team Lucid arrived to the scene, storming the entire region looking for a place that is said to only exist in fable.

Meanwhile, you are a 14 year old teenager from Aubranch Town preparing yourself for the adventure of a lifetime. Will you get a chance to follow your dreams, or will the obstacle known as Team Lucid destroy all hope for you?

Features
  • Brand new region created based off of HGSS canon, Sinjoh
  • A variety of Pokemon from various generations to capture and train! (Gens 1-6)
  • Fire Red tiles/Fire Red style tiles (because a beautiful game can still be made with FR tiles)
  • Numerous moves from Generations 4-6 thanks to MrDollSteak's patch!
  • Updated game mechanics (Fairy type + P/S Split)
  • Updated Pokémon sprites thanks to both ChaosRush's and MrDollSteak's projects
  • Elite Trainer sidequests (will be explained in depth at a later date)
  • A completely original soundtrack composed by members of PHC and myself
  • Day & Night Cycle

Music

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAF2198512F53907A&feature=view_all

Screens
2c58b72768.png

Pokémon Hacking Company
  • SK3 - Scripting, mapping, inserting routines, editing graphics, etc
  • JillSandwich93 - Mapping/Music
  • MIDIMasterShiro - Music/Sprites
  • Joe Tate - Music
  • EpicRPGRemixes - Music
Credits!
  • dreamengine: Hero OW
  • Ęℓαчиıı: Banner
  • MrDollSteak: Attack Rombase/Gen VI Sprite Resource
  • ChaosRush: Gen I-V Sprite Resource
  • diegoisawesome: Skip Intro/Force Male Player Patches
  • primedialga: D/N Tool
  • karatekid552: Gen 3 Hacking Suite
  • Bela: Helping me out with issues that have arose

• If I left you out, please tell me! I want to credit everybody that has helped out!

Notes

• I restarted this hack, to make it more enjoyable, but since progress started from scratch, I don't expect the beta to be released until late this year/early next year.
  • More features will be announced and discussed as game development progresses

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Is that the revammed grass tile i did for contro haha :) lol
great hack it has alot of improvement i have to say ^L^

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
In the second last screenshot, there's a tree shading error near the bottom of the screen, and on the last screenshot, the ledges at the bottom of the screen run straight into the mountain.

Other than that, it looks great so far, and I can't wait to see more about the "3 different endings." Good luck! :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Hey man. Nice to see you posted a thread. I'd love to see the beta. Thanks for crediting me. It wasn't necessary. :)

marcc5m

what
Years
Welcome to the wonderful region of Shinto! Located northeast of Johto, Shinto was founded by settlers from Johto who were looking to migrate to Sinnoh and accidentally discovered the uninhabited region. Here they settled down and built a shrine inside a cave worshipping the Unown, hoping one day that they would awaken from their slumber that they were put in at the Ruins of Alph. The power of the Unown, even though they were asleep, reacted to their cries and subsequently transported the entire cave into another dimension. Since the Unown were asleep, however, the cave was transported into the dimension of dreams, where two legendary Pokemon lurk. The cave and everything within it had been forgotten, until now.

So the region is Shintoh? Could be interesting. Anyway the story is kinda vague and mysterious, which is good.

You are a teenager who lives in the peaceful Tranquilla Town. You look up to your brother, who is a Pokemon trainer hoping to conquer all regions and become world champion some day. One day, your brother comes back home from Kanto, and brings three Pokemon for you to choose from with him. Even though you obtain the Pokemon without having your trainer's license, you start the adventure you waited your whole life for! However, your fun is cut short when the mysterious Team Hypnos appears. They are collecting shards that they claim are from another dimension, and rampaging all over the region to find them. What could their plan be with these shards?

Not too sure on the team's name, it's kinda meh. Again, this sounds vague and mysterious. Again, that's good.

All new region!
Epic storyline!
Fire Red tiles (because a beautiful game can still be made with FR tiles)
Day and Night system!

Nothing much to say there, except these are in almost every hack anyway.

Multiple rivals!

Just don't go all Light Platinum and have 40.

3 different endings!

This sounds interesting, might give me a reason to play it three times.

New sprites!
New music!
More and more and more stuff that I can't even list!

Again, kinda a given.

DWscreen7.png

Shading error where the stairs are. Speaking of which, they're really cramped and that wall is tiny.

DWscreen3.png

Weird name lol.

TranquillaTownevening.png

The roof on this big blue house is wrong, it's meant for the small house, hence why it's a different colour.

DWscreen1.png

Nothing to say here.

DWscreen8.png

Hey look at me when I talk to you!

DWscreen9.png

The "e" should have an accent. Either use \h1b or press alt + ctrl + e on your keyboard and it will give you an "é".

DWscreen2.png

Again, you need an accent. Also why isn't the word "Pokémon" capitalised here but it is in the last screen? Remember to keep it consistent throughout the hack.

DWscreen4.png

There are a couple of tree shading errors here.

DWscreen5.png

The ledges shouldn't run into the mountain like that.

Anyway, good luck.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
...SK3, I didn't expect you'd have...already started a hack thread for this... >.<

Okay, maybe I came off a bit harsh. But I can always show whoever views this some mapshots if you like ;)

EDIT: Well, I feel kinda bad for coming on here and not doing anything except whine for no reason, so here's...Tranquilla Town!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

SK3

Years
Thank you for all the feedback guys, I appreciate it. I posted this thread now because I wanted the anticipation for the hack to kind of build up, I promise the next round of screenshots will not have errors! I will be posting here whenever a significant part of the game has been completed, just to fill you guys on progress.

Just a mini-teaser about the two extra endings: Both of them have to do with the connection between Shinto and Johto, and they will not disappoint.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Some very fixable minor errors. This hack is VERY promising, so please don't stop. It seems like you know what you're doing, so as long as you progress and don't just end the hack this will end out well.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Looks awesome! It should be noted that Shinto is the name of a religion and may cause some confusion in that way.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
As always its good to see people with different ideas to creating a story. Would you know how to add music as well to a hack?

SK3

Years
Hey SK3. Don't give up on this. It looks good. I want to see those endings! There are errors but you'll make it through. I'm counting on you. ;)

Thanks man.

Some very fixable minor errors. This hack is VERY promising, so please don't stop. It seems like you know what you're doing, so as long as you progress and don't just end the hack this will end out well.

Thank you for your support, I'm making the promise now that this hack will
get finished. Too much time has been put into it for me to just quit.

Looks awesome! It should be noted that Shinto is the name of a religion and may cause some confusion in that way.

Yeah I did some research and learned that Shinto was a religion, but I still think the name fits because of the religious aspect of the game, people worshiping the Unown.

As always its good to see people with different ideas to creating a story. Would you know how to add music as well to a hack?

I've got the basics of music inserting down, but I haven't been able to successfully insert a full song yet (still learning how to loop).

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
I cant wait to see updates (even though i have already) lol but it still looking great xD

SK3

Years
First post has been updated with some progress shots!

SK3

Years
Hello everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Work has been continued on the game, and I predict the beta for this game will be released mid-February! I will hopefully have some more screenshots for you guys by the end of the week. Don't worry, I haven't given up :)

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Hello everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Work has been continued on the game, and I predict the beta for this game will be released mid-February! I will hopefully have some more screenshots for you guys by the end of the week. Don't worry, I haven't given up :)

Glad you're still working on this!

How long will the first beta be?

SK3

Years
Here's just a quick progress update, for anyone interested:

Maps: 90% done
Story: 90% done
Music: 65% done
Sprites: 1% done
Scripts: 5% done

So yeah....technically the game is close to being finished, if you don't count the scripts and the sprites. Instead of releasing a beta this month, I am going to try to push for an alpha because I know some of you guys are tired of waiting XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back