• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Candid thoughts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I appreciate people who speak their mind and keep their thoughts unfiltered more than I can describe, no matter what it's on. I generally view them to be people who are on point honest about everything. It's something that I'm trying to do more lately. I think it's extremely healthy and the most accurate depiction of the essence of your raw personality. It also makes things more interesting and exciting to do so, because doing so makes things much more candid. That's what being radically honest is. Do you feel the same way?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I think it would be surprising if suddenly everyone went by that...seeing how people really are. I personally am quick to hide emotion and the like (I'm a fake sociopath) from other people. Though I do have good reason for it.

As for just sharing my thoughts- it's generally reserved to online friends. They, at least, generally won't judge my demented mind. Some things I just don't want people (offline) to know about me.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm not a fan of radical honesty. It seems to imply that unless you are blunt and don't give a crap about the other person's feelings, you can never be "truly honest" or whatever. It just seems like an excuse to hurt people for the most part - you can tell the truth without hurting people, people do it all the time. I don't see the purpose in saying everything you think either - there are some things I think that may be negative towards a person, but I know it's due to my own prejudice (for example, I might see an outfit and think it's ugly, but that's because my own fashion sense is different). If I tell them, all I'm doing is hurting them with no purpose. I don't want them to change on my account, and I'm aware that the problem is with me, not them. What purpose would it serve to tell them that I think their outfit is ugly if I'm not asking them to change it, I don't think they're doing anything wrong, and it will have no positive effects whatsoever?

I guess writing this out I clarified my thoughts on this: I don't think honesty itself is a virtue. Sometimes it's a good thing and hurts people, but that's because the good of another result (maybe causing them to change) is greater than the bad of hurting them. Honesty itself is neither good nor bad to me.

Years
Im generally a fan of honesty. Sometimes the truth may hurt people, but sometimes people need to hear it. I generally feel people should be completely honest with me, because a lie dosent help me in any way.

Years
I appreciate honesty and straightforwardness some of the time. I like people to be honest when they need to be honest, but if their honest feelings are only going to hurt someone or cause tension I don't think there needs to be any honesty, or really any comment in the first place. Straightforwardness is good when you do need to communicate, when a topic that might cause tension nevertheless needs to be talked about (like when you and your housemates have different ideas about how to keep the kitchen clean) and not being clear and honest will only prolong the issue.

I guess I feel that you don't always need to comment on everything you think, but that when you do need to talk about something honesty is good. But I dunno. Lots of factors make it difficult to have one stance for me.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I like being radically honest with people, but it's difficult to do at times because I don't do it so bluntly. If I'm going to tell my friend that she's a snob, then I'm going to do it in a somewhat decent way so she remains my friend.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm radically honest, because I hate lying, and I've been hurt a lot by lies in the past, so I try my best to take feelings into account and I wont say something if I know it'll hurt someone. However, if I feel that them knowing what I genuinely feel or think will ultimately benefit them, even if it hurts, I will say it. If I feel strongly about it and it is meaning a lot to me, I will say it. But I generally do always consider people's feelings before I speak. I tend to have much more tact offline than I do online.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I will and can be honest depending on the conditions. But generally, I like to keep secrets hidden at a point to save my and other's skin and reputation.

droomph

weeb
Years
The truth is like the sun: It's great and helps you get around, but looking it straight on will blind you.

I'm not saying hide in a corner and avoid the truth, but one should tone it down somewhat so people can see where they're going wrong rather than making them bummed out about what the truth is.

So I live by my beliefs and I try not to hurt people with honesty but do try to help them get somewhere.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've always said that the difference between being honest and rude is bluntness. So basically take what Toujours said and pretend I said it first. :P

I'm all for honesty, but not the radical kind. Not when it can hurt someone's feelings.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I'm one who highly values sincerity in others and I hold it as a standard for my own behavior. There's a little part of me that just feels incomplete if I haven't shared my feelings about something that affects me or my peers. In the past I've had some issues with being a little explosive, but I've learned to manage my emotions and have become pretty good about confronting a person in a way that doesn't put them on the defensive. Like others have said above, there's no need to be uncivil when speaking your mind.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I seldom keep things to myself. Usually, I shout something random out into the world so that everyone will know I think that way.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I usually let people know what's on my mind, however I don't think people want to know because most of the time my mind is switching topics all over the place so I go from thinking about the size of my tv to the first tv that I got to how it works to World War II to bagpipes and then wonder how I got there. As far as honesty goes, I think I'm pretty fair and honest, unless I have no way to put it nicely. I don't wanna come off rude to people, but when I figure out the censored way to say what I wanna say, I'll let them know. Unless they need the uncensored version. Then you can have it full blast.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'd say honesty is the best way to go about things but sometimes I feel like I have to bite my tongue to avoid hurting feelings. Although maybe being blunt could be a nice change of pace.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
If I was completely radically honest with everyone I met I'd be either dead or in jail by now. But with longtime buddies of mine that are used to my "quirks" already I don't hold anything back as I know that whatever I say won't faze them in the slightest. But when it comes to strangers I don't know how they'll react so I do my best to try and tone myself down for them, the key word being try.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'm not always full on honest but I am most of the time, however, I riddle some things and keep it subtle so people won't kill me, like if I flirt, always honest but always subtle, I'm hard to understand irl xD

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I used to much more than I do now, but I felt it was too much out of my control and had gotten me into trouble too many times so I wanted to constrain (?) it a bit more, but then I did it too much and now I'm having a hard time letting it go. Well a year ago it was worse, so I'm glad it's getting a bit better now.

Years
Ohoho sorry Nick ol buddy ol pal but my unfiltered thoughts are a weapon that can cause pain to other people and therefore I keep my purest thought submerged in the depths of darkness where they can stay.

I'm not a fan of radical honesty. It seems to imply that unless you are blunt and don't give a crap about the other person's feelings, you can never be "truly honest" or whatever. It just seems like an excuse to hurt people for the most part - you can tell the truth without hurting people, people do it all the time. I don't see the purpose in saying everything you think either - there are some things I think that may be negative towards a person, but I know it's due to my own prejudice (for example, I might see an outfit and think it's ugly, but that's because my own fashion sense is different). If I tell them, all I'm doing is hurting them with no purpose. I don't want them to change on my account, and I'm aware that the problem is with me, not them. What purpose would it serve to tell them that I think their outfit is ugly if I'm not asking them to change it, I don't think they're doing anything wrong, and it will have no positive effects whatsoever?

I guess writing this out I clarified my thoughts on this: I don't think honesty itself is a virtue. Sometimes it's a good thing and hurts people, but that's because the good of another result (maybe causing them to change) is greater than the bad of hurting them. Honesty itself is neither good nor bad to me.

I kinda wanted to call you out on this but you know, you haven't done anything really outrageous and I can understand where you're coming from and all that jazz so I'm gonna just leave it be. That and it's too much effort for me atm hahaha.

Back