• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon FPS

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
You know the fan theory that there was a big war before the first game? Nintendo should make that into a shooter.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I think the war is chronicled already... ever play Pokemon Snap? There's some pretty deep Pokewar lore to go with that game.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
An FPS? I'd love it. If an RSPS-FPS is possible, THIS SHOULD BE TOO.
Someone get on this, I don't have the knowledge.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Pokémon Snap, is the closest thing to FPS Pokémon will no doubt get.

This "war" in Pokémon has been Pokémon V Pokémon, not guns and weapons, Pokémon became a weapon for humans, so it's safe to bet they'd use Pokémon over Guns.

Years
I feel like a Pokemon FPS would only work if it was toned down immensely for the sake of keeping things peaceful for the children. Maybe the 'weapon' could shoot Pokeballs and upgrade as the game goes along to eventually get the good ones like Dusk Balls or Ultra Balls? And only if a gun would even need to be used, what about going ground-type Mud Bomb on everything? I would personally love a game where I would just have to Mud Bomb everything.

Yukari

I don't think this is a good idea. Now satoshi Ookami will sum up my feelings:
Are you F*cking Perfectly Serious?

Pokemon in a FPS? And because of fan theory?
You cannot be serious =D
Now a Pokemon game where you can explore the world in first person would be a totally different story...

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
ALPHA NIDO, BRAVO FIRE, DEFEND A AND ADVANCE B!
THROWING ELECTRODE-NADE!
GFDSBHFBCB-
No.
Do you have any idea how stupid that would look?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
nonononolnonononononnnonononononononononononononononononononononononono. No......no.. Thats all I can say. Where would you get this idea? I think a game based in a time period of a world war, in which pokemon where weapons (Like they are used in todays games, not like throwing an electrode like a grenade....) Maybe Pokemon War I? I don't know, but an FPS? NO. FPP (First Person Perspective), maybe. It would feel very strange. But still, NO FPS. Pokemon is meant to be a childs game, but turning it up like that, would make it very... adult oriented. Im not against the idea of making the game much harder and longer to make it more aggravating, and making more adult oriented in that manner, but not like blood and death and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Pokémon is aimed throughout everybody, including children. If they've made an FPS game, it would most likely be rated as mature or at least teen, and would be a-OK to only those who are eligible. I'm sure they don't want that. d: Pokémon Snap was sort of like a shooter game, though, where instead of a gun, you had camera and took pictures. If they had made another game like that, that would be pretty sweet.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Graveler use explosion! Pikachu use electro ball! *people explode into blood and guts*. Great job Pikachu! Pika pika chu! *smiles and rolls over for stomach rub*. How about no. It would be a pretty stupid idea. No offense.

Last edited:

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
Years
A Pokemon FPS? I guess that's 50 50 for me.

Anyways, I think it won't happen, Pokemon is a children's game, FPS games are not recommended for children (I have been seeing children playing FPS games in my days). But you can dream guys, right?

Pillodox

Ruff
Years
You know the fan theory that there was a big war before the first game? Nintendo should make that into a shooter.

Wasn't there a war prior to X and Y where AZ brutally murdered thousands of Pokemon to bring a single Floete back to life?

Back