• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think b2/w2 is the final main series pokemon game?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I think the next game is going to be a spinoff (PMD, Ranger) and the next main game would most probably be a remake to buy some time for the creators to think of some new ideas for Pokemon and story. Personally, the story would be quite easy and generic: a 10 year old boy/girl saves the day from the forces of evil and becomes the champion, but the design for new Pokemons are difficult.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The games are still very popular and profitable, so yes, there will still be future games to come. The post B2W2 interviews others mention basically prove that.

I know some fans say they've ran out of ideas in generation 3/4, but I think there's enough original ideas to still make successful games. The franchise has many more years to come.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I think the next game is going to be a spinoff (PMD, Ranger) and the next main game would most probably be a remake to buy some time for the creators to think of some new ideas for Pokemon and story. Personally, the story would be quite easy and generic: a 10 year old boy/girl saves the day from the forces of evil and becomes the champion, but the design for new Pokemons are difficult.

They already revealed a spinoff game and its coming out soon, and yes it's PMD. We'll have to wait until at least February to know what the next main game could be(a new/event pokemon is usually revealed in February for the upcoming movie)

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
Years
Ill answer your question with a question. If you created something beloved by many across the WORLD, with a huge fanbase some get very obsessive that has survived for about 15 years still massively popular making you billions of dollars showing no chance of slowing down or stoping anytime soon would you end it right now?

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
I'll be really shocked if this is the last - there are heaps of Pokemon they could design. And there will always be people to play, the amount of money they could still make is enough for them to know not to stop!

Back