• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
They both look like "Y" to me but I can see the "X" in the deer/elk's eyes and most certainly see the flying one's Y-ness. I still like "X" better with its multicolorness but Y looks really cool as well. If this is the case it means it doesn't seem like they went with the opposite legendaries for each game. I also don't think they will have a type in common but it'll be interesting to see if they do.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm guessing this is part of a trio? And the last one to complete is Z?

I like the flying Pokemon :D
I was never really fond of Pokemon that are Quadruped.

Years
Hey guys, maybe those two legendaries are only from Y version because they both look like a Y. Maybe there are other two with the letter X to appear in X version. Lol, you know what I'm saying? And I prefer...um...both! xD. I thought that blue legendary was a shiny Virizon!

Indeed, you never know as the 'X' Pokemon was standing a little 'Y' shaped. However, I do believe that the 'X' is the face of Pokemon X, but that is just what I believe.​

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Indeed, you never know as the 'X' Pokemon was standing a little 'Y' shaped. However, I do believe that the 'X' is the face of Pokemon X, but that is just what I believe.​

The Virizon version 2 can be an X too. Look, his ears and his legs, it makes an X!

Years
They both show signs of mirroring both letters. Just some features are a little more obvious and easier to spot, so that is why I think they are what they are.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be wrong.​

Years
I would be very disappointed if their names were 'X' and 'Y'.
'X' should clearly be called EXCALIBUR! You know, because of the sword feet!​

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
They are really impressive, maybe Pokemon Y will be a Dragon/Dark,
tumblr_inline_mgb11tnSc51rn01hr.png

and Pokemon X Will be a Psychic/Grass.
iQk9WytB7nDc.gif

Also Pokemon X looks a bit like that one Fakemon on the cover of the pirate game Pokemon Jade (imo) :D

755_Jade.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Both a very cool but I like Y better. X seems very Elegant and graceful but Y is just beyond badass. I have wanted a pokemon with that sort of a look for so long. I don't hold high hopes for some of the lesser pokemon (like Froakie and Chespin for example) but the legendaries are amazing.

I'm guessing Flying/Dark for Y and Psychic/Steel or Grass/Steel for X.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I would be disappointed if their names would be X and Y too. Hope it only STARTS with X and Y. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I think the Elk Legendary Pokemon looks like the offspring of Stantler, Sawsbuck, Dialga and Virizion. The dark vulture looking Legendary, looks mysterious and especially badass, so I'm going to have to say I like it much more.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
Years
I know it's been said for years, but the introduction of a Light typing would make sense now by looking at these two legendaries.

Y-bird looks like a Dark/Flying type to me, while X-deer looks like Light/Steel type.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
The Elk has X's in it's eyes during the close up, so I'm almost 120% sure that's X, unless they decide to BW us and reverse it.

I personally have never been one to say no to a giant Dragon/Bird thingy so I like Y a little more right now, but as a competitive battler, I will pick based on typing and stats.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I'm still wondering why Y doesn't have the Y letter inside of its pupils too...
I still need to see them better (waiting for artworks) and then I'll decide which one I like the most. At this time given, I must admit that I like both of them - this has never happened to me before! Dilemma!

I love the pink flying thing a lot. Not a fan of the mix of Arceus/Virizion but the pink flying thing better be for X and they better do opposites like in B/W PLEASE. I really like the flying thing it's so badass srsly.

As far as I know, I've neer been colorblind (might I be becoming now?) but it looks red to me (despite the light in the center of its body, which makes it look pink).

They're both great but preferring the Elk right now. It's so majestic. Also imagine these in the 2D sprites, yuck.

Too late for the 2D sprites. Let's say hello to the 3D era!

Years
I think people overlooked the fact of which ones which, going in depth about it 'representing an X/Y'.

If you just look at the colours of them it speaks for itself.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I really like both of them, but I like the Elk a little better bemay be a Dark type, goign off appearnce, but could be wrong like I was with Zekrom.

Back