• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tailchaser's Song RP (Don't have to have read the book)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Ressurection of the Fikos: Tailchaser's Song Role Play

catmyth.jpg

Introduction:

In the Hour before time began, Meerclar Allmother came out of the darkness to the cold earth. She was black, and as furry as all the world come together to be fur. Meerclar banished the eternal night, and brought forth the two.

Harar the Goldeneye had eyes as hot and bright as the sun at the Hour of Smaller Shadows; he was the color of daytime, and courage, and dancing.

Fela Skydancer, his mate, was beautiful, like freedom, and clouds, and the song of travelers returned.

Goldeneye and Skydancer bore many children and raised them in the forest that covered the world at the beginnings of the Elder Days. Climbfast, Wolf-friend, Treesinger, and Brightnail, their young, were strong of tooth, sharp of eye, light of foot, and straight and brave to their tail-ends.

But most strange and beautiful of all the countless children of Harar and Fela were the three Firstborn.

The eldest of the Firstborn was Viror Whitewind; he was the color of sunlight on snow, and of swiftness....

The middle child was Grizraz Hearteater, as gray as shadows and full of strangeness....

Third-born was Tangaloor Firefoot. He was as black as Meerclar Allmother, but his paws were red like flame. He walked alone, and sang to himself.

There was rivalry among the Firstborn brothers. Whitewind was as fast and strong as a cat could dream of being?none could overmatch him at jumping and running. Firefoot was as clever as time; he solved all puzzles and riddles, and made songs that the Folk sang for generations.

Hearteater could not match his brothers' exploits. He grew jealous, and began to plot the downfall of Whitewind and the humiliation of the Folk.

So it came to pass that Hearteater raised up a great beast against the Folk. Ptomalkum was it's name, and it was the last spawn of the demon-hound Venris, whom Meerclar had destroyed in the Days of Fire. Ptomalkum, raised and nurtured with Hearteater's hatred, slew many Folk before it was itself slain by the gallant Whitewind. But Viror Whitewind received such wounds that he soon wasted and died. Seeing the downfall of his schemes, Hearteater was afraid, and crept down a hole and disappeared into the secretive earth.

There was great lamentation in the Court of Harar at the death of Whitewind, the best-beloved. Firefoot his brother fled the Court in heartache, renouncing his claim to the Mantle of Kingship, and wandered the world.

Fela Skydancer, Whitewind's mother, was ever after silent, all her long life.

But Harar Goldeneye was so full of rage that he wept, and swore great oaths. He went howling into the wilderness, destroying all before him in his search for the traitorous Hearteater. Finally, unable to bear such great pain, he fled to the bosom of the Allmother in the sky. There he still lives, chasing the bright mouse of the sun across the heavens. Often he looks down to earth below, hoping to see Viror running once more beneath the trees of the World-Forest.

Countless seasons turned and the world grew older before Firefoot again met his treacherous brother Hearteater.

In the days of Prince Cleanwhisker, in the reign of Queen Morningstripe, Lord Tangaloor came to the assistance of the Ruhu?, the owl-folk. A mysterious creature had been pillaging their nests, and had killed all the Ruhu hunters who had come against it.

Firefoot laid a trap, clawing away at a mighty tree until it was near cut through, then lay in wait for the marauder.

When the creature came that night, and Firefoot felled the tree, he was astonished to discover that beneath it he had trapped Grizraz Hearteater.

Hearteater begged Firefoot to free him, promising that he would share the ancient lore that he had discovered beneath the ground. Lord Tangaloor only laughed.

When the sun came up, Hearteater began to scream. He writhed and screeched so that Firefoot, although fearing a trick, liberated his suffering brother from beneath the pinioning tree.

Hearteater had been so long beneath the earth that the sun was blinding him. He clawed and rubbed at his steaming eyes, howling so piteously that Firefoot looked about for a way to protect him from the burning of the day-star. But when he turned away, the blinded Hearteater dug himself a tunnel, more swiftly than any badger or mole. By the time the startled Firefoot bounded over, Hearteater had disappeared back into the belly of the world.

It is told that he still lives there, hidden from the eyes of the Folk; that he works foul deeds underground, and aches to return to the World Above....

~o~O~o~

-The Cat Language-

A, to; at; toward
Akor, eagle
An, sun
Ar, yes
Ar'mar, Moonstone
Az, cat; person
Az-iri'le, "we-cats:" the folk
Az-me, "earth-cat:" tree
Cef, water
Cef?az, "water-cat:" fish
Cir, sing; speak
Cu, sibling
Cu'nre, "heart-brother:" friend
E, hot
E'a, "toward-hot;" south
Erunor, sheep
Fa, jump
Fe, mother
Fela, female
Fik, loud, frightening
Fik'a, "loud-cat:" dog
Fikos, "terrifying badness"
Fla, run
Fla-fa'az, "run-jump-cat;" bird
Fri, small
Garrin, bear
Har, father
Hlizza, snake
Iru, I; me
Iri'le "many-me;" we
Ka, spirit; soul
Koo, Love
Koi, Lover
Krauka, Raven
La, birth
Le, many
Ma, away from; out of
Me, earth
Mela, "birth-ground:" nest
Mela'an, "sun-nest:" sky
Me'mre, "food-soil:" dropings
Meskra, hawk
Mre, eat; food
Mre'az, "food-cat:" mouse
Mri, sleep
Mri'fa, "sleep-jump:" dream
Mri'fa-o, "good dreaming:" good night
Nre, heart
Nre'fa-o, "good dancing:" hello; goodbye
O, good
Oel, master; chief
Oel-cir'va, "Master Old-singer"
Oel-var'iz, "master seer:" Far-senser
Os, bad, incorrect; wrong
Porma, promise
Praere, rabbit
Pril, salmon
Qu, big
Ri, head
Rikchikchik, squirrel
Ruhu, owl
Tesri, deer
Tom (ptom), male
Ue, cold
Ue'a, "toward-cold:" north
Va, old
Va'an, "old-sun:" west
Vaka'az'me, "old-spirit-tree"
Var, sight; sense
Velya, brave noble
Vez, young
Vez'an, "young-sun:" east
~o~O~o~

-The Plot-

After Tailchaser?s adventures, it was thought that the evil Hearteater had been put to rest?but the Folk were wrong. Hearteater survived, but was now only a mere Ka, refusing to flee to the bosom of the Allmother. Though he is bodiless, he can possess others through their hatred. So Folk that had gotten into fights, that had loathed one another, sometimes woke up to find their memory crushed and their enemy slaughtered. At first it was lightly regarded by the Queen, but as it got more serious?kittens murdering other for childish arguments?it was investigated by Prince Fencewalker. He too, was brutally murdered by his own companion, who had gotten into an argument with him. So it continued, the Folk unable to control anger, even small flares, and unwillingly killing their best friends and mates. Finally there were only several small clans left, staying away from each other to prevent further slaughter. But the fate of one of these clans drew so near it could not be ignored?someone would have to go to the Mound. The collapsed mound, where Hearteater had once succeeded, with his distorted and freak spawn, to conjure up the Fikos, terror of all terrors. And even now, with the Fikos put to rest and Hearteater bodiless, it was growing again. For every time Hearteater murdered one of the Folk, there Ka, instead of flittering away to the Allmother, were unceremoniously fed to the Fikos. This is why several young Hunters were chosen from the small clan. A group of travelers who would face dangers not even their worst nightmares could compete with, risking their lives and other?s to save the race of cats.

Are you brave enough?

Alright, that about covers it. Cats don?t speak completely is their tongue, but rather blend it a LITTLE bit with the ?common singing?, a language most creatures know and speak. This would be an average sentence:

?Harar! Did you see that fla-fa?az??

Vowels are pronounced normally, but Cs are pronounces as S, so Meerclar would be Meerslar.

Also, in the case that you use a ?cat word? that is an actual word (Ex: A, meaning to/at/toward, and A, the regular way.), you would italicize it.

Right, more rules:

All cats have a Heart name, and Face name, and a Tail name. A Heart name is the name the cat?s mother gives it, and which they generally keep to themselves. Only family members, mates and close friends can call a cat by their Heart name. A face name is made out of two words, and it is the name that you would regularly call someone. For example, the main character in the actual book Tailchaser?s Song is named Fritti Tailchaser. Fritti is he Heart name, and Tailchaser is his Face name. A cat?s Tail name is a name only that cat can know, and no one else. Most cats do not know their Tail name at birth. In fact, some cats never learn it. But some cats find it, usually on a quest of their life or in a great? something. But most cats have to find it, almost no one knows theirs.

I think that?s about all?.. if you have any questions, just ask. So I?ll go ahead and post the form:

Face Name:

Heart Name:

Base Color: (The base color of your fur. Can be multicolored. Includes: Brown, White, Ginger, Grey, Black, and others.)

Markings: (Self-Explanatory, can be any color)

Eye Color: (They?re not ALL yellow!)

Personality:

Other: (Optional, of course.)

I hope you find it interesting? and please, PLEASE join only if you WILL post in a READABLE and MATURE manner. I will ask you to leave if you do not.

Alana

I still love this world...
Years
Face Name: Akamori

Heart Name: Zela

Base Color:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/SpiritGirl/exotic_tabby.jpg
Markings: If I have to change it I will.

Eye Color: Deep gold

Personality: She calm and sarcastic at the worst of times. She is almost always cheerful and carefree. She is friendly and cares very deeply about all of her friends. She loves adventure and is rather stubborn and tough. She will always help those who need it and never backs down from a fight even if she knows she can't win. She is intellegent and always willing ot make sacrifices for those she cares about.

Other:

Last edited:

愛Forgotten Angel愛

~*~Wind Swept~*~
Years
Face Name: Blackheart

Heart Name: Selena

Base Color: Black and Red

Markings: She has a long blue stripe running down her back.

Eye Color: Hazel

Personality: She is very quiet and keeps to herself. She dislikes company, but has a soft spot for the weak. Although she is often calm, when she is faced with a battle she becomes the thing of nightmares. (Subtle nightmares though.)

Other: None

Alana

Years
Yay. I wonder why no one else has posted. It's a good RP. I guess most people don't want ot RP in RPGs like this unless they've read the book. :(

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Yeah... I'm going ot start, anyone else can join, but three people should be enough to get started.
Face Name: Starclaw
Heart Name: Vivian

Base Color: Grey
Markings: Small white spots around her paws and back
Eye Color: Hazel
Personality: Calm but easily excited. She can get as jumpy as a kitten at times, but is usually mature.
Other: She loves to tell songs and legends, and running is her passion.
~o~O~o~

Vivian Starclaw sat atop a tree and gazed out upon the fields below. She watched as Folk went by, occationally twtching her long tail. She was waiting for the others.. so they could begin their journey. Perhaps, if they ever made it back, they could tell their song of the quest. A song that would go down for generations after them.
If they made it back.

Alana

Years
Zela Akamori sat in a clump of bushes with her tail red, yellow, and orange tail swishing slowly back and forth. Her golden eyes glanced onto the branch where Starclaw sat. She was waiting until she felt the time was right to go and say hi. It was odd that it didn't feel right. But it was just her. Another minute passed then she stood up and walked over to where Starclaw could see her. "Hi there Starclaw." She said.

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
Face Name: Silvershadow
Heart Name: Nightmare
Base Color: Black
Markings: Her paws and the tip of her tail are silver
Eye color: Deep, dark, sapphire blue
Personality: Nightmare Silvershadow is very cunning, and sometimes considered mean. She doesn't mean to, its just how she is. Silvershadow prefers to be alone, and doesn't interact with many people. She despises light and all things joyful. It may take a long time for her to start trusting you. A very long time. The only reason she is coming is because she wants revenge.
Other: There is talk of how Silvershadow used to be... She used to be very happyand kind, always seeing the good in everything. But, that was a long time ago, before the accident.

Howzat, Deo?

Alana

Years
"I do not know. I'm hoping the will arrive soon." Replied Akamori her tail swishing from side to side again. Her nose twitched as she scented the air searching for the scent of the other fela. She yawned and laid down and closed her eyes. But she wasn't asleep.

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
Nightmare Silvershadow seemed to melt out of the shadows from behind the other two talking cats.

"I'm here," she said in a quiet, almost soothing voice. Her sapphire eyes flashed toward the sun. She cursed under her breath at it, waiting for something to happen.

Alana

Years
Akamori sat up adn blinked once looking at Silvershadow. "Nre'fa-o Silvershadow. Iru hope our third companion comes soon." She stretched and stood up then walked over to a tree near the one Starclaw was sitting in. She jumped in three bounds and sat on a high branch level with Starclaw.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Starclaw nodded at the new cat, whom she had seen around the forst several times. "Were there any others? The Old Ones said there would be several, but how many more Folk I do not know."

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
"Iru don't know." Nightmare said, not even looking at the others. Her tail swished back and forth, showing she was content for now.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Starclaw stretched, then leaped gracefully down from the tree. She survyed the area, then turned to the others. "Should we ask the elders where to go? I believe the mound is said to be this way, and we may be able to ask for help if we get lost. Though," she said,"if we ask the Old Ones, we will save time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back