• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Fragmented (M) (OOC)

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
Name: Timothy Vernaro
Nickname: Timmy

Appearance: Timmy has white hair that is spiky but short. He has grey eyes but he likes to wears his goggles so you won't see his eyes often. His height is 5"7 and he weighs around 160 pounds. His body is lean, for a 17 year old. When you see him, he usually wears his brown leather jacket and damaged jeans (you can see his knees are usually scraped through his jeans), he always wears running shoes. He also carries a messenger bag that goes over his shoulder. The messenger bag has two front pockets that he seems to carry pencils in and in the main pocket he usually has books.

Personality: Timmy is can be quite talkative when around people but when he is alone he would have a book in his hand. When he is hiding from the government he would rather go above, an into the desert wasteland filled with wraiths then be caught by the government. He will go into the wasteland to gather books or notes that weren't destroyed by the meteor. Timmy always tries to keep the mood lively with others especially when everyone has gone silent. He has a weak body but has a strong heart.

Gift: Timmy has the gift of speed. Not only does he run as fast as the average wraith but also he can think as fast in many scenarios. He reads a 500 page book in less then 15 minutes and he can tell you what he read entirely and would quote the exact words. He uses this gift for his own knowledge but one of the problems that he has with the gift is that if he uses it for running he gets tired really quickly. For instance if he runs at the speed of a wraith he would pass out in 5 minutes.

Weapons/Tools: Timmy keeps a Swiss army knife with him because he isn't any good with his fist when he is in a fight. In his messenger bag he keeps a lock picking set in the front pocket when he needs to open a lock door. Also in the bag he keeps simple bandages and he has pencil, paper, and books that he keeps for his own interest.

Other: I have a lot of spare time ~_~

RP Sample: Never Split The Party: A Fantasy RP: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8273440#8273440
This is based on a character that I did on a different RP. I thought the "A day of your character" was like the password or something. :P Well I give you an actual RP Sample.

Last edited:
Years
@OG - That's an awesome take on super speed! Once you have your sample done I should be able to accept you.
Remember that because of the radiation he shouldn't go above ground for more than a few minutes - probably like in a week.

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Ok pie, touch is required, even though id pefer a hand motion, like obi wan, and is ineffective on rpers.

Years
Sorry for the strong limitations Tyler, but it would be odd if for some reason only our characters were left unaffected.

Edit: OG You're in

Years
As long as you don't push it too far that should be fine. These are shaping up to be some interesting characters, I'll get my own SU done later on. Keep it up guys!

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
he likes to wears his googles

I'll just leave this here for you.

google-goggles.jpeg

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Mind if I reserve a spot? I'm feeling particularly creative right now, so it should be done within a few hours.

Emil "Nex" Nexis, Age 18 ♂​

Biography

Appearance

Nex is a well-built character with a youthful appearance. He has silverish black hair that hangs down midway passed his ears and parts in the front, as well as dark brown, almost black eyes that are somewhat large, giving him an air of innocence and adolescence. He normally wears a tan jacket draped around his shoulders, and under that he wears a black T-Shirt. Nex has a particularly slim build and sports 6 feet in terms of height. This is mainly do to his metabolism being high. He doesn't gain weight through eating food due to the way his body disposes of calories and the like, so he only really gains and loses weight through natural growth or muscle mass.

On his lower half, Nex wears jeans and...whatever he feels like on his feet. Often times he goes barefoot, though sometimes he wears socks or other footwrappings, generally whatever cheapest and most convenient for the the weather. He isn't really one for appearances, so even layers of toilet paper will suffice, should they keep his feet warm. This mindset really defines his apparel as a whole. His jeans are old, torn in some places, and have dirt spread about. His T-shirt, being black as it is, very clearly shows dirt, and the most he ever does to clean it is with a few wipes and pats. His fingernails are unkempt, often somewhat long if he doesn't bite them. That said, he does bathe and he does clean his clothes, he just doesn't see it as a loss if he has to get a little dirty and stay that way.

Personality

Emil is curious more than anything else. Not so much in the brooding sense, nor much in the way that he ponders the existential or even the mundane. Rather, he's curious about "food", which, essentially, is anything that can be ingested, even dangerous materials and liquids. This isn't to say he's so shallow that he has a one-track mind that only centers around food. Rather, he doesn't see things as food initially. In a sense, his ability is an excuse to analyze things on a deeper level. He was never given any sort of formal education when it came to the sciences, so he took it upon himself to experiment with the forces that made things up. He is actually rather mature when it comes to such analysis, often with him surveying them in various ways. Yet, it's not rare for him to immediately follow his serious study with, "I wonder how it tastes..."

Though he hasn't had any formal education, Emil is a selectively smart individual. Rather, he is smart, but due to having no formal education there are holes in his intelligence. Ask him about a type of alloy and he can tell you straight off, but ask him what it means for something to depreciate and he'll clam up. As such, he tends to sometimes use phrases for things that he has just come to know as what he calls them. One example would be concrete, which he calls "the walking floor". Of course, this knowledge helps him quite a bit in battle. He's a quick thinker, and he's quite capable of using his abilities in a pinch. He's not the headstrong or brash type, largely because he isn't really capable of being one, his gift doesn't allow for immediately rushing into situations.

Biology and Other Information

The Gift of an Ultra-Adaptive High Metabolism

Often shortened to just "Adaptive Metabolism", Nex practically embodies the phrase "You are what you eat." Should Nex ingest something, his body will take on certain properties of the ingested material. The gift does not apply to food items that can be easily digested, as his body can easily do away with those through normal processes. However, should he take in more solid materials such as a coin or even part of a cinderblock, his body will take on properties similar to the ingested items. In something of a wildcard event, can gain any number of properties from the item, but which properties they are seems to be random, and Nex has no control over what abilities he will take on. The effects of the Adaptive Metabolism last for as long as the item stays in the digestive tract, which can vary from a few hours to an entire day, depending on his activity and the size of the given object that has been consumed.

Nex is also able to stack the effects of various consumables to create some interesting combinations. For example, if he consumes Iron Scrap Metal and Graphite, there is a chance that they will bond and breed properties of unrefined steel, making his body thicker and more dense. Despite this, he isn't safe to inject whatever he wants. Sharp items are still dangerous, poison and disease can spread should it affect anything other than his abdominal area, and there is a chance that various properties will conflict with each other.

Weapons/Tools

Nex keeps pieces of various dull metals on him, as well as other miscellanea. Despite being a wild card, Nex has found that things such as coins and other smaller common metals and alloys seem to have the fewest cons and the highest success rate.

Theme Song

It would be a sin for me to not make this his theme song.

RP Sample: Part of a Boss Battle from Sword Art Online: Sanctuary - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7813212&postcount=304

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Name: Cyrus Bishop
Nicknames: 'The Kid', as everyone in the underworld refers to him.

Appearance:

The Kid lives up to his nickname. For someone of his age, he's very short, standing at an underwhelming four feet tall. His build leaves much to be desired as well; he is very scrawny, almost to the point of appearing malnourished. He weighs only 100 pounds, which is a surprising feat for one such as him. This overall childish physique is further enhanced by the fact that he's always wearing overly large clothes. His shirt seems like it was made for an overweight man, and has become very worn over time. However, the beautiful black floral patterns embroidered over its plain white surface reveal that it was made with expert craftsmanship. He wears beige linen pants, which are only kept in place with a tight belt. The ends of the pants appear violently ripped off, revealing a pair of worn white sneakers on Cyrus's feet. Despite his tattered appearance, however, it seems as if Cyrus is always clean. His clothes, while worn and old, also appear to be regularly washed.

Cyrus's facial features, much like his physique, resemble that of a younger individual around fourteen years of age. His large, unblinking green eyes are matched by a small nose, and an unchanging expression, making him somewhat cute yet creepy. His hair is usually a floppy mess of black and red, due to a failed attempt at dying it. It is more red near the roots, but grows darker the further down it goes until it hits pitch black at the tips.

Personality:

Cyrus is a strange character, to say the least. His appearances are incredibly deceiving; although he appears to be but an innocent young boy, he is in fact a criminal informant. He knows much about various criminal organizations and their secrets, inner workings, etc. And he demands a heavy price for this information. He sells his information to anyone who can pay, whether it be rival gangs and organizations or simple street thugs. In addition to being paid for his information, many also choose to use him as a sort of private detective. His information-gathering skills are top-notch, so he is often employed to find out specific information. Because of this, the Kid's reputation has grown in certain parts of Heliopolis's criminal underground, and he rarely has to seek out his clients.

One with Cyrus's specific skillset could easily become a spy or a double-agent for such criminal gangs. However, all such requests have been turned down by the Kid. He refuses to work for extended periods of time, and will only take on jobs that involve gathering or sharing specific information, not a continuous flow of it.

Outside of business, Cyrus is a careful individual, though not to the point of paranoia. He prefers to be cautious of everything and everyone to some extent, however if they can prove that their intent is not malicious he will usually loosen up. Cyrus's main priority is his own safety both inside and outside of business, so he always takes extra measures to ensure that his life is not in any danger. On the rare occasion that his life is in immediate danger, he prefers to run and hide as opposed to fight. But when he is backed into a corner, with no other option, he becomes ruthless. Cyrus will not hesitate to kill as many individuals as he needs to in order to survive, and it will not weigh on his conscience later on.

A strange quirk Cyrus has is the inability to understand society. No matter how many times he is told, he simply cannot fathom how people interact so easily, and why they act in such specific ways. Even base things such as a greeting or a goodbye seem inexplicable. Laws, too, seem utterly pointless to him. As a result, he chooses to ignore society's ways in favor of his own, whatever those ways happen to be at the time. He acts according to the situation, not according to the preset mannerisms society expects. And considering he's a fugitive living with criminals, that doesn't pose much of a problem.

Though he does have emotion, Cyrus never shows it through facial expression, that much is certain. Much like his inability to understand society, Cyrus also doesn't see the point of twisting one's face to display emotion. He is a decisive indivudual who believes information is the best way to express oneself, and simple facial contortion does not qualify. Therefore, he is rarely ever seen smiling, laughing, frowning or anything of the sort.

Gift: Photokinesis.

Cyrus is able to manipulate light or, more specifically, photon particles, in several different ways.

For one, he is able to alter the brightness of light. This is limited by the original brightness of the light he is using: the amount it can be reduced or intensified by depends on how bright it was to begin with. Because of this, producing total darkness or an amount of light that reaches a human's absolute threshold is nigh impossible.

He can also control the direction that the light is shining in. However, because rays of light do not bend and only go in straight lines, there is a limit to where he can make it shine, depending on the placement of the light source.

Lastly, he is able to generate all kinds of optical illusions for short periods of time - the longest usually being half an hour. However, the illusions he creates take up a lot of energy and concentration, so the longer they last the weaker he will start to feel. Additionally, the more intense the illusion is, the faster it fades. Cyrus can use these illusions for a variety of tasks, but he usually opts to disguise himself or even hide himself from view while infiltrating or investigating. He also uses an illusion to communicate when meeting with clients, rather than meeting them personally. Few have seen his true form because of this, and the fact that he is but a child is only a mere rumor.

Weapons/Tools: Mirrors, Knives (x2).

Since mirrors are such a handy tool for reflecting light, they work very well in conjunction with Cyrus's gift. He can use them for a variety of different illusions, and finds that bending reflected light generates slightly longer-lasting illusions.

Being a cautious boy, Cyrus likes to have at least some form of protection on his person, even if it is as little as a couple of knives. He would opt for a gun, but getting more ammunition for it every time would be difficult, so he prefers a weapon with unlimited use.

Other: Despite his outward appearance, Cyrus is pretty stealthy. He has to be, after all, considering his job. He is light on his feet and runs fast, with enough stamina to outrun most grown men. Though he relies more on his illusions than his physical capabilities for work.

RP Sample: From all the way back in Shattered Era, we all remember him. And hate him. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8071036#8071036

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
LMFAO it was good to think of a female alternate back-up. As expected, it's a sausage fest in here! I can't work on my sign up until Tuesday (Monday for most of you I think?) so I'll just leave it even barer than it was before in light of my changes.

Reps the women with lozzop!

Years
The final slot goes to Machomuu since he was first in, sorry to anyone else who was trying to get a reservation but at this stage we are currently full. Please keep an eye out though in case someone drops their reservation or it times out.

Xilfer, your character is in.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Motherffff--

I was actually interested in this one too. Of course I would just happen to see it late and see all the spots are full... >.>

If at all possible, is there any way I can have a backup spot, or be notified if a spot opens up? If not, I understand.

Years
@Ghastly - Should anyone else's place fall out I'll be sure to let you know so you can nab the reservation :)

Edit: Tyler you are accepted. Just remember that the military will be pointing guns at you, so you might want to run rather than fight them with a short sword xD

Back