• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add New Pokemon In 15 Easy Steps!

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Sorry if I'm saying something that no one else is having trouble with but when I go to download the 2nd and 3rd links I can't get them, Do you guys think that's just m computer or is something going on in that link?
Also is there any alternate programs I would be able to use the same way

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
I'm having similar issues that others are having. I followed all the steps perfectly (apparently not though), but when I try to insert my sprite into Un-LZ it says the sprits aren't indexed. I can insert the picture with out the infrared swap (background swapped). I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be helpful.

tpravetz

... doesn't exist.
Years
I honestly can't believe people are still reading this..

As for all the 'q's, I have no idea. I know nothing about this type of things. I just figured out a way to get it to work for me, but have no idea /why/ it works... Sorry. X_X

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2011
Hi, i followed your tutorial and everything seemed to work fine but when i go to the rom an try and view my new pokemon sprites i made the colours are distorted and the background colour is still the same ie i chose a light neon green like you but in the rom that is still there.
Where have i gone wrong and what do i need to do. Thanks

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2011
Thanks so much for the tute, but in YAPE, i can't make the new pokemon evolve into another new pokemon...plz help??

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
I tried it in Ruby, and it restarts the ROM every time I 'see' the Pokemon.

And in FireRed, when I see it, the game makes a weird sound and freezes..

ziprider255

Master of All Time and Space
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2011
For some reason, YAPE won't let me edit the Pokedex entry of a new Pokemon I'm trying to add in on a blank space. How do I fix this?

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014
My MEWTHREE is messed up, I replaced QWILFISH's data.
Also in unLZ.gba, I replaced sprite 00 with MEWTHREE's sprite, is that the problem?
oi56.tinypic.com/2cx6rdh.jpg

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
@ above - OKAY.
@sazandora11 - Reread the tutorial. (:
@janj - yes, that is a problem.
@ziprider - Repoint the text. But honestly, it's kind of pointless b/c the pokedex doesn't work for new pokemon ATM.
@complans - you're doing it wrong. :)
That's as far up as I'm willing to look. X)

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
How do you edit the over world sprite for it, like when its in the Pokemon menu? and these are usually animated so do you need a gif or separate frames? Some please help :L

ShadowGrey

Graphix Master
Years
Thanks so much for the tute, but in YAPE, i can't make the new pokemon evolve into another new pokemon...plz help??

Are you following the directions? Simple question I know but it's often the cause for peoples mishaps, misreading or missing a small part of the tutorial. Open your rom and selct the pokemon you want to evolve, next head straight to other stats / evolutions, click the box on the right called 'add', next simply click the drop down list to select the pokemon you want it to evolve into. then you have to select evolution type, here is where most people go wrong, as the default is breeding and so your pokemon will not evolve unless you change this, there are many options, stone, level etc. im guessing its level you want, next just change the level at which you want the evolution to take place. I suggest a low level to begin with to test whether the evolution works (which it should if youve follwed all the directions) then simply changed it to the desired level later on.

How do you edit the over world sprite for it, like when its in the Pokemon menu? and these are usually animated so do you need a gif or separate frames? Some please help :L

You have 2 options when editing a pokemons mini sprite, for a long time all you could use was pokepic, which is a useful tool in itself, however the program wasnt designed for firered etc.
What i would recomend now is Wichu's advance series kit, it provides three tools that let you edit a pokemons sprite really easily, its position on the screen and its mini sprite, the tools can be found under, emulation, toolbox, advance series. however your rom must be a US base for these tools to work as ini do not exhist for other countries, i believe there may be a german ini but what use is that?

IMPORTANT - WHY IS YOUR IMAGE NOT INDEXED?
So many people, especially recently have been asking why, when they follow the steps perfectly, their image is not indexed when they attempt to import it into unLZ. This is because you have a later version of the program paint that does not work with this method. This is because the Paint program that came with windows XP and the like will keep an images palette the same as whatever was opened in it, no matter how you edit the image. However, later versions (In an attempt to be more useful) Do not have this feature, as it is seen as a draw back that will limit your colour choosing capabilities, so, when you copy your first image back over the indexed image, you are essentially leaving yourself with a perfect replica of what you began with, ie, not an indexed image. The only way that I see to remedy this, is to download and install an earlier version of Paint. Though there may be other ways, I have not found them yet.

- The other, and probably more simple option is to reverse the background and the black colours manually using the left/right click rubber and pipette method, before inserting them into Irfan View, this way way you swap these colours they will change to be the correct way round and you will not have to open the file in paint after, remember though to not select the background colour as transparent, doing so prevents this method from working. The only slight problem with this technique is that your sprite may have one or two small imperfections. To avoid this load your sprite into Irfan View, decrease colour depth, then open in paint, address any imperfections with colours chosen from the image, then continue with swapping the colours etc. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

ShadowSpriter

KCAT HAX Spriter!
Years
  • Age 30
  • U.K.
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
hey everyone! please please please could you help me?? im the one who does all the sprites and stuff for pokemon shadow grey but we cant get unlzgba to work, we can put in the palette and everything, and the pictures we use are properly indexed. we looked at loads of tutorials but none of them have an answer, we can do all the stuff with fsf and offsets but when we put in the sprite and click write to rom it doesnt stay on the rom and doesnt tell me why.
please help! thanx x

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Help!!!!!

I'm new to hacking and I have inserted my sprite. However when it appears in a battle it appears very fuzzy. Also, The appears which make it look all weird can someone help me please.
If someone will tell how to take a pic on VBA or NO$GBA I will include a pic.
Thanks! :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
Yes and No.
We can add cry in 252 - 276, but the pointer for these pokemon is the same as Unown.
If we can change pointer of the cry, we can use cry.

(Exemple, if you add sprite in 252 - 276, you must change the pointer of image or palette in RS Ball, for the cry is the same thing).

RUBY AXVE offsets

Table : 452590

251 Celebi : 5AF4F4
252 : 5B036C
253 : 5B0BCC
254 : 5B168C
255 : 5B1FD8
256 : 5B2C34
257 : 5B413C
258 : 5B4BD4
259 : 5B5804
260 : 5B65E4
261 : 5B7184
262 : 5B8890
263 : 5B9220
264 : 5B9C88
265 : 5BA220
266 : 5BAD3C
267 : 5BB690
268 : 5BBC90
269 : 5BC594
270 : 5BD744
271 : 5BE3B0
272 : 5BED58
273 : 5C0A2C
274 : 5C29AC
275 : 5C3554
276 : 579C4C
277 Treecko : 5C29AC
So, its possible to add 25 new pokemons without replacing older pokemons?

P0kem0nMaster

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Even after i tried all these steps it still didn't work, the background color still appears. Help please

Back