• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
what does the shaded blue and red stats on your Pokémon's info page mean?

Oh, that's stats being affected by the Pokemon's nature.

Stats highlighted in red are raised by the nature, while stats highlighted in blue are lowered.

An example is a Timid nature Pokemon having raised Speed, lowered Attack. So that means they would have Speed highlighted in red, and Attack highlighted in blue.

Click here to see which stats each nature affects.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Go over to the shipyard and Team Plasma will show up. The shipyard is at the lower right end of Virbank. You'll see Roxie, Plasma, and I believe your rival is there too. Just walk up and that'll initiate a cutscene.

How does one Go upon getting Eevee then?

You can get to a garden though the Castelia Sewers and Eevee is in the grass there, however it's a 5% chance of finding one. Worth it though, imo.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Help!!! I think either I may have bought either a hacked or fake game off of Amazon!!! Or there is some weird glitch in my game!!! I am in the sewers with my rival looking for Team Plasma and every time I finish a battle all my Pokemon's health, status, & PP are fully restored once the battle is over!!! I just noticed it half way though the Castelia sewer!!! Why are my Pokemon being fully restored automatically by themselves??? Can someone tell me what is wrong with my game???

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Help!!! I think either I may have bought either a hacked or fake game off of Amazon!!! Or there is some weird glitch in my game!!! I am in the sewers with my rival looking for Team Plasma and every time I finish a battle all my Pokemon's health, status, & PP are fully restored once the battle is over!!! I just noticed it half way though the Castelia sewer!!! Why are my Pokemon being fully restored automatically by themselves??? Can someone tell me what is wrong with my game???

In every Pokemon game where someone, such as your rival, tags along with you for a while your Pokemon are healed after every battle. Your rival even mentions he'll heal your Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Plot-related question:

Does the ice in Opelucid & its neighboring routes that resulted from Neo Team Plasma's assault end up being removed later on in the game?

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
where do you find the maniac that will but things like Nuggets or Stardusts or Relic Crowns?

You can sell those at any Pokemart

That's not what Nideous asked, imevil. The Maniac that buys ores like Nuggets or Stardust is in the Pokemon Center in Icirrus City. The Maniac that buys Relic items in the the left-most building in Undella Town.

Years
It has to be the female parent that has the ability for the baby to get it!!

And to further clarify, this only works with hidden abilities, not the natural abilities.

Also, abilities can't be passed down if one of the parents is a Ditto.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hikari is wrong in this case.

When breeding with non-Hidden Ability females in Black 2 and White 2, there is an 80% chance that the Ability slot of the female will be passed to the baby.

From Bulbapedia.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
I caught the shiny haxorus from nature preserve yesterday and Ev trained it today. And when I uploaded it to pokecheck to check its evs (coz i miscounted and the girl in opelucid said he still needed training), under "pokerus" it said "Default strain (might be from hacked pokérus)". I got this pokerus back in platinum and traded one of my pokemon with someone online to get it. And I used it on EVERY single one of my pokes.... does that make them ALL illegal??

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't think that Pokerus being from a hack would make the whole Pokemon illegal, personally. But I'm not totally sure about that. I'm just kinda thinking that if the Pokemon was caught legit and you EV'd it legit even though your Pokerus was from a hacked Pokemon, then it should still be legit. Because Pokerus or not, EV training will always result the same way in the end. Pokerus just makes it faster. So I wouldn't really worry.

You might consider asking in the shoutbox on Pokecheck, but iirc, they're a bit mean and strict in there to where if your question isn't strictly related to Pokecheck, they're rude about it and tell you to use Google or mute you or some crap. So...well yeah maybe don't ask there in that case haha.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
Thanx for the reply Sydian.
I did ask on pokecheck but they all simply ignored me... They were debating on whether someone else's pokes were hacked or not and being very rude and using bad language... even the "operator" uses bad language and insults other people o.O
so yeah i didnt dare post my message again lol.

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Thanx for the reply Sydian.
I did ask on pokecheck but they all simply ignored me... They were debating on whether someone else's pokes were hacked or not and being very rude and using bad language... even the "operator" uses bad language and insults other people o.O
so yeah i didnt dare post my message again lol.

Talking on the Pokecheck shoutbox is usually a waste of time (albeit entertaining to read), it's mostly just people linking their crappy hacks asking if they're legit and Hozu raging at them.

Anyways, they're not considered illegal. You're safe to use them on the GTS and Random Matchup etc. (I'm not sure about tournaments, tbh) I don't recommend trading a strain you know is hacked, though. Some people don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back