• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Purple Sky

How many Pokemon should be in this game?

• The Original 151

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 150 or less

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 151-250

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • 251-350

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • All 493

Votes: 86 68.8%

• Total voters

ah2190

XD002
Years
Accually, Red (Which is Ash to you people who've seen the amime) would be in the game. Didn't you read one of the earlier posts?

And consider me as a suportor of Purple Sky. This has the potentiol to become a great game.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Red isn't necessarily Ash, t's all opinion, & if Red is Ash in the game, screw it, it was invented during Red's adventure. Either way, it doesn't work (canon wise), & it never will.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I have only played the game for about 30 min since I downloaded it. Most of what I have ran across has been fine. I have found some things you need to look into:

I tried to not put any spoilers in, but if I did, I am sorry. I hid the text just in case.

I started the game somehow having the eighth badge. When I load the saved game it says I have the eight badge as well.

The person that confronts you outside the Mart, kinda just dissapears after taking two steps. This may have just been me, since you uploaded the whole game folder rather than a compressed game. I looked at the script and he is set to move left seven times.

Is Pokedex plural and singular? While talking to Oak he says Pokedexes, it just don't sound correct, again that may just be me.

In Oaks lab, the plants to the bottom left have no bases.

On the South end of the starting town, the house with the red roof, whatever is in front of it you can walk on, though I do not think you should be able to.

At Cassava Port, outside the building you can walk on one tile that is water. The tile is south of the right part of the building thats in the water.

In the buildings connecting the towns to Rt 302 the plants have the same no base tile error.

Although Orache City was the first pokemon center I used, When first entering it automatically healed my pokemon by just entering. This I looked into and have no idea why it happened.

When you Enter the Orache City Gym, you are sent to the battle field and not the entrance of the building. I looked at this... unless it is supposed to be like that, its an actual error.

When leaving the gym, the event set to go off by touch outside the gym did not go off until attempting to reenter the gym to purposely set it off.

Okie dokie, here are my explanations for various things:

Just before the download in the main post, there is a note about starting with the 8th badge. In this game, gyms are completely optional (although highly encouraged by NPCs) and because of this, all HMs are usable from the start. The only way for me to do this at the moment is to set all badges to be usable when you have the 8th badge, thus you automatically start with it.

About the grunt by the Pokemart: I noticed that as well, but it worked for me after playing again. I'm not sure why it does that, but I'll look into it. I was under the impression that it was corrected.

Pokedexes... Hmm... Perhaps I'll just change the text to "This is my latest Pokedex." Now that you bring it up, Pokedexes does sound a bit odd.

Those plants are meant to be like that, but if it doesn't look right, I'll change it. The way I see it, that's not the actual corner of the building. That's the corner of the ceiling, and the actual corner of the building is two tiles lower. But I guess that's not how they do it in the actual Pokemon games, so I'll fix this in all buildings.

The planters in front of the house will be fixed.

The same goes for the tile at Cassava Port.

Same explanation for the plants in Oak's Lab.

I hadn't noticed this Pokemon Center phenomenon. I'll look into it as well.

About the gym: I recently redid the inside, and I guess I forgot to move the teleport locations. The same will probably happen for the next few gyms as well.

If the event is set to "Player Touch" then that would happen. I'll set it to "Event Touch" and it should work fine.

It is just to unrealistic, the story line in the game looks more like a pokemon trainer than assistant, i know it is upto you but I would change part of the storyline a bit but still keep mewtwo in it. You could bring in mewtwo via a special event

Because Mewtwo was created while Ash was in Kanto ...

another good point, i think perhaps if mewtwo needs a proper storyline he actually goes with having ash as the main character, else it is just too unrealistic and also even though you are oaks assistant, you really are not if you get what i mean. you are like a trainer who gets advice from oak

Accually, Red (Which is Ash to you people who've seen the amime) would be in the game. Didn't you read one of the earlier posts?

Red isn't necessarily Ash, t's all opinion, & if Red is Ash in the game, screw it, it was invented during Red's adventure. Either way, it doesn't work (canon wise), & it never will.

Alright, regarding all this: Ash isn't mentioned anywhere. The boy from Pallet Town that I talked about is Red. I know Red is supposed to be Ash, but technically he isn't. I know you all played R/B/Y, and I know (or hope) you all caught Mewtwo. This is what I'm talking about. Red caught Mewtwo, then (after the game) he gave it to Professor Oak. I still don't see how this is impossible. This game takes place about three years after Red brought Mewtwo to Oak, which gives Oak about two and a half years of studying Mewtwo before it leaves and Oak moves to Kohku.

Now, regarding you being more of a trainer: I agree, it definitely feels that way, and it will probably feel like that for the duration of the game. Oak encourages you to do trainer-esque things along your journey. After all, he's just using you to run his semi-pointless errands while he concentrates on the Mewtwo project. He might as well try to make sure you have a little fun while doing so. He's a good boss, after all.

Last edited:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
I'm impressed by all the custom sprites and coding you must've done to complete the battle system. I do hope you get around to putting in all pokemon, but of course, I think it will still be a great game. Good luck with this project!

Years
I am at nearly 3 hours now playing the game. I have found some new errors for you.

Again, in case people feel that there are spoilers among this, I have added the appropriate tag:

Spoiler:

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I am at nearly 3 hours now playing the game. I have found some new errors for you.

Again, in case people feel that there are spoilers among this, I have added the appropriate tag:

Spoiler:

Thanks so much for pointing out all of these things. The only reason I was reluctant to release an open beta was because of errors like this that I would have missed. Rest assured, all of these things will be fixed for the next release.

Years
Finally finished. I liked the story, it was fun to play. I found more errors, they should not be to hard to fix though. I agree with Trace, making a encripted archive would be a good idea, so that your ideas can not be taken. Though since you did not create one I was able to make it through the entire demo after fixing the errors.

I forgot to add how much I enjoyed the dome and how it was set up, it felt kinda small, but it's a great idea.

Anyway, spoiler tag for those who might find it all to revealing.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ash987

Pokemon Trainer
Years
These minor things may have been mentioned but i'll post any way.
1. The books on the floor in Oak's Lab you can walk on.
2. You can walk on the Pokedex in Oak's Lab before you get it.

I've played up to the police asking you questions.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm correcting all of the tile and teleport errors pointed out right now, as well as looking into the script errors.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Quick question: How exactly do I encrypt my data?

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
ohh you just right-click on the file that you want to encrypt choose properties click on the tab that says advance and there should be a popup with 4 boxes 2 are checked and 2 are not just click the bx that says encrypt contents to secure safety and there you have an encrypt file. :D

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I like the trainer sprite as well as the uniques Blastoise one (it's good to see different sprites of the same Pokemon)

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I come bearing bad news. This project has been scrapped.

I have been working on another project for some time, and I would just like to say that it is much better than Purple Sky in nearly every possible way. For those of you who enjoyed Purple Sky, please stay tuned for my next project.

I can't say when or even if I'll be posting a thread, as I find they slow down my progress. I may put a little something up, but nothing flashy that I'll have to spend too much time on.

Back