• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

GFA's Pixel Place

Atomic Reactor

Oh wonderful, that means I get to come yell at you at misplaced pixels >:D

To much hair on the left side of Misty's head, take a few pixels off?
Left side of Jesses hair isn't rounded enough, sticks out to far I think.

Everything else looks good :)
Welcome back!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Oh wonderful, that means I get to come yell at you at misplaced pixels >:D
Nuuuuu!

To much hair on the left side of Misty's head, take a few pixels off?
You keep telling me this. I shall investigate.

Left side of Jesses hair isn't rounded enough, sticks out to far I think.
Yeah. I'll get on that.

Everything else looks good :)
Welcome back!

Thanks, man! Good to know there's still some of the ol' folks around. Anyway, I jumped on the XY hype. So. Froakie.

froakie_by_baconboy914-d5qvrjo.gif

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Really digging the overworlds, and I like the style. It's refreshing, different from the usual "chubby" overworld sprites from earlier gens.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
Your spriting skills have come quite a far way!

Ash looks much better now that his legs aren't broken! (Just teasing)

I agree with Atomic on Jessie's hair. It just has a weird hiccup in the flow on the left side. As for Misty, it does not look bad, but I think Atomic is right, you could probably give her a bit of a hair cut... it's just a bit busy is all.

The new Froakie looks great, of course. The only thing that is bothering me is the black pixels (that I highlighted in red).

The upper one I think looks more congruent with your shading in the gray, while the other two, I'm not sure of... the bottom left pixel makes that edge look to sharp, and the one to the upper right of it seems to out of place as a black pixel. I tried the gray... but I'm not sure if I liked that any better... so I guess that's your call ^_^ (Then again, who am I to say what you should or shouldn't do... the old-fashioned spriter I am :P )

Regardless, I'm so glad (and proud) to see that you're still spriting and have become quite accomplished! I'm very impressed that you have stock with your Kanto OW project, and have progressively made them better and better! You have far exceeded my level of spriting! I might have to whip a little something up, since I'm being put on the shelf by some of these newer folks, and you ;)

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
So ... I've been incredibly busy as of late. Spring musical, college application ****, Ultimate practice. Anyway, I'm back. Don't have much to show to prove it, but to prove that I plan on sticking around, I fixed Jessie. I think. (Also re-colored Togepi.)

b_w_kanto_anime_project_v_2_1_by_baconboy914-d4ajrbx.gif

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Alright. More characters added! Also recolored Ritchie's hat. Not sure I'm happy with Nurse Joy's thingy, but it's 12:30 AM, so it'll do for now.

b_w_kanto_anime_project_v_2_1_by_baconboy914-d4ajrbx.gif

C&C appreciated but not at all expected.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Added Flint, Forrest, The Sensational Sisters, and Todd Snap. Also edited Nurse Joy.

b_w_kanto_anime_project_by_baconboy914-d4ajrbx.gif

Once again, C&C appreciated but not at all expected.

Atomic Reactor

Misty still has to much hair. Left side (our left)
Jesses hair still isn't round enough on the left side.
Cassidy is pretty good.

The rest are all pretty good, Todds hair doesn't look right, but I wouldn't know how to go about fixing it lol

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
DERP. No wonder Jessie doesn't look better, I fixed the wrong side of her hair. I'll see what I can do about that. Also, I like Misty the way she is, I'm not going to change her. And yeah, Todd is off. I think his hair is a little flat now that I look at it in hindsight. I'll get around to that sometime.

Anyway. Some minor updates. Added Chansey and fixed Lily's hair.

b_w_kanto_anime_project_by_baconboy914-d4ajrbx.gif

Also. The Sensational Sisters in swimsuits. For funzies.

alternate___sensational_sisters_gif_by_baconboy914-d5zendn.gif

Atomic Reactor

Why wouldn't you fix Misty? She doesn't look right... She doesn't have two clumps of hair below her ear, those should be taken out lol.

Chansey looks good. May I use it? :)

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
It looks pretty accurate to me, she does definitely have tufts sticking out around there. Perhaps this better?

misty_2_0_gif_by_baconboy914-d5zhcvo.gif

And since you asked so nicely, why not. Make sure to give credit, blah, blah. Also. Alternate Flint costume. Just so this post isn't too empty.

alternate___flint_gif_by_baconboy914-d5zhdcc.gif

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Alright. Added the remaining Gym Leaders.

pokemon_5th_gen_kanto_anime_overworld_project_by_baconboy914-d4ajrbx.gif

Still gotta do something about Jessie and Todd. E4 comes next.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Something about Sabrina is bothering me. I'm not sure what is is, exactly. I guess her face looks a little squashed or something compared to her body. These are looking pretty nice so far, though.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Mkay, well I don't really know what do about that as that's pretty much what she looks like. So...

*cough* Anyway. Ran into some art block working on the E4 so I redid my Mewtwo Stikes Back Overworlds to match my current style.

eeefca5b5dce68ff8d6f2e6f071ce980-d5ztrq4.gif

Tada!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Your sprites are absolutely superb. I really love the overworlds, but the scratches are incredible as well!

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Thank you! *cough* So I'm still really stuck on the E4, namely in that I can't make a Lorelei I'm happy with. This is what I've got so far.

iaza14527685148000.gif

Halp? :T

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Thanks for the help guys, you're the best. In all seriousness though, I'm starting to like the way she looks. A case of Stockholm syndrome perhaps?

Anyway, I tried my hand (hah!) at a VS Sprite. This is my second attempt at anything like this, and my first serious one. I'm pretty pleased with myself.

vs_ash_2_0_gif_by_baconboy914-d616gxy.gif

Thoughts?

Atomic Reactor

It looks like... it's been stretched or skewed, but idk why...
Did you do it from scratch? It looks pretty damn good man :)

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Hmm. Someone over on the Spriter's Resource also said it was skewed. Can you try explaining? And yeah, it's scratch. I had a pretty particular reference though. :)

Atomic Reactor

It looks like he's been skewed to the right, maybe cause his head is angled? I can't quite figure out what it is.

Back