• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Hey, i downloaded off of the new link and when i try to play it i get the message: "RGSS102.dll could not be found".

Is this fixable do you know?
You need to download this:
http://tkool.jp/products/rpgxp/eng/rtp_download.html
Once you do you'll be fine.

Wow, this demo makes my game look like explosive diareah :P
Seriously man, great job on this! Along with the rest of the team. The tiles look amazing.

Although, it does run a little slow. But, I am 90% sure that it is just my 10-year piece of junk I call my computer.

This game makes me want to improve my game! I shall open up RMXP and start working!

Lol thanks! Worked really hard on making the tiles so I'm glad they're appealing. The game is laggy on my computer but like you I think that's just the computer.

Hey ShinyLugia~ n_n

I just popped by to say how thoroughly impressed I am by the demo! I've just beaten Saturn and saved the Dewgong from the Galactic Grunts and I'm trying to find the secret o.o" Or does it disappear before I save Dewgong?

Anywho~ Everything is great! I've spotted some minor spelling errors and whatnot, but nothing that directly interferes with the gameplay xD Otherwise, it's a lot of fun and plays rather smoothly~ n_n I'm also super impressed by some of the eventing done with the Ranger Boards, the Letter, and other scattered little things.

All in all, it's been a lot of fun!~ ^_^

Btw I wanted to ask, are you using some sort of anti lag script or do you have a newer version of essentials or something o-o? The game runs incredibly smoothly on my part.

Edit: Also, does the secret relate to hidden items or is it an actual event? o.o ~found potion from a window lul~

Awsome you're that far!? Sorry to say it's not over. I knew no one would figure it out so... You need to train dewgong until it learns surf then head east of Rising city. For the secret to activate you need to actually battle Saturn which occurs after the 2nd gym battle (that's where the demo ends) After you do so the secret activated allowing you to look for it. The secret is an event short and sweet, telling you to post a screen in the thread. Items like those you found are hidden in walls, mountains, cars so look out for them. How the game runs depends on your computer. It ran really slow on mine (just look at my errorlog, so many Hangup errors!). Glad you're enjoying the demo btw. You're on of the people I'm trying to impress :).

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Awsome you're that far!? Sorry to say it's not over. I knew no one would figure it out so... You need to train dewgong until it learns surf then head east of Rising city. For the secret to activate you need to actually battle Saturn which occurs after the 2nd gym battle (that's where the demo ends) After you do so the secret activated allowing you to look for it. The secret is an event short and sweet, telling you to post a screen in the thread. Items like those you found are hidden in walls, mountains, cars so look out for them. How the game runs depends on your computer. It ran really slow on mine (just look at my errorlog, so many Hangup errors!). Glad you're enjoying the demo btw. You're on of the people I'm trying to impress :).

Woot~ xD I was a bit upset when I thought it was over, but I just got Surf a moment ago~ That made my day lol.

And I see about the Secret. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for it~ o3o

And btw, is the second gym in the second city? Or is that a much later sort of thing? XD

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Woot~ xD I was a bit upset when I thought it was over, but I just got Surf a moment ago~ That made my day lol.

And I see about the Secret. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for it~ o3o

And btw, is the second gym in the second city? Or is that a much later sort of thing? XD
Yeah that's what most would expect when reaching that point in the game. The 2nd gym is in Calodust City (check you map). Think of VeravileCity (where you fist battle your rival) as the petalburg of the Ryen region. So yeah Veraville Gym is much later sort of thing.

Last edited:
Years
Hey SL, would you mind uploading it to Megaupload or another site. Because when I go to download it at SendSpace, I get this
Sorry, the free service is at full capacity.
Please try later or upgrade to sendspace Max™ to enable guaranteed slots and instant, fast downloads.

Edit: Nevermind, I managed to download it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
hey, I just realized that i didnt receive my PokePrism from Prof. Oak after he gave it to me. Is that a bug or something?

EDIT: Nevermind. I received it. My bad.

Last edited:

superclaw

Pokemon Laon in development
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Well i've beaten Saturn, and I've explored what i think is everything possible, and found that theres Lapras blocking everything, or in one case, a person. Wonder where the secret is hiding...
wanna give a hint?
EDI:are you planning on having the hero get his pokemon back from the ship or are they gone forever?

EDIT: I FOUND THE SECRET
2940ubb.jpg

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I have to say, your tiles are really good! Could you possiby do an waterautotile? I don't mind if you want to kepp it private, but if you don't mind I would really appreciate it!

superclaw

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
so what exactly happens now that i found the secret?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Um, I just have a quick question. How do you get the entire DP player base on there? Mine glitches up when I try to do the full thing. Could you PM me and possibly help me?

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
How do I go about putting the userbar in my sig? there's no URL code...

I'll dl the demo once I'm done with Raptor (so I have the time).

I really like the remixed music I heard on one of those videos. Who does it? Whoever it is, he/she is damn good.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
I feel your game is good especially the graphic!
Thanks!
hey, I just realized that i didnt receive my PokePrism from Prof. Oak after he gave it to me. Is that a bug or something?
You actually get it from thomas not Oak but I guess you've figured that out yourself/
EDIT: Nevermind. I received it. My bad.

Well i've beaten Saturn, and I've explored what i think is everything possible, and found that theres Lapras blocking everything, or in one case, a person. Wonder where the secret is hiding...
wanna give a hint?
EDI:are you planning on having the hero get his pokemon back from the ship or are they gone forever?

EDIT: I FOUND THE SECRET
Spoiler:

I do plan to reunite the player with his/her Pokemon but much later in the game. Well now that you've founf the secret we just have to wait for someone else to but for those who've played the demo it shouldn't be that hard to figure out where this is. Once we have both winner you'll both provide a description for your character and you'll both be a Ranger Board poster (quest Poster).

I have to say, your tiles are really good! Could you possiby do an waterautotile? I don't mind if you want to kepp it private, but if you don't mind I would really appreciate it!
Thanks but My water tile is too big to be made into an autotile, and I'm sorry to say it's not public.

Um, I just have a quick question. How do you get the entire DP player base on there? Mine glitches up when I try to do the full thing. Could you PM me and possibly help me?
Easy.I just edited the scripts in pokebattle actualscene that controls the postion of playerbase.

How do I go about putting the userbar in my sig? there's no URL code...

I'll dl the demo once I'm done with Raptor (so I have the time).

I really like the remixed music I heard on one of those videos. Who does it? Whoever it is, he/she is damn good.

Oh sorry I'll add an url code right now. Glad to hear you'll be playing the demo. Megiddo does most of our music btw. It's great right?

Alright so not much has been going on with Ryen but I have been working on new tiles for a new city. The tiles are based of Goldenrod City tiles so look foward to them. Here's a sneak peak of what I have done so far (not an actual map just a compilation of the tiles)

comingsoon1.png

Well that's it for now. Next time I'll be sharing images of the new Florafoli Town (the Town lying by the Volcanic Islands). It still follows the same layout but it's redone to follow my new mapping style.

Till next time!

Last edited:

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
Years
I like it....I doesn't look like just some tiles put together...the tiles are great!
Lol, I love the top part. The Two Towers!

superclaw

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Will there be secrets to find in other demos?
And, any hint as to what the pokemon are/is?

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
Ah i finally found the secret!! =D (the picture should be attached)

Ah first off i'd like to say congrats on an amazing demo! It really was something, it's been the best game (not just fan-made) that i've played in a while and i really had fun with it ^^

I love the music, gameplay, the beautiful maps, the ranger board concept and just about everything about it really so thank you for making it and i'm really looking forward to the next demo release! Although that Saturn battle did challenge me a bit; and you are now responsible for my hatred of Kadabras ;) But i have to say i did lol a bit when my level 10 Stunky took down his level 21 Kadabra =P

A few little errors i found during gameplay though (hope you dont mind me listing them):

I was able to surf on the stairs on the monument island on route 51 and i battled a poliwag there!
In what i think was Gullport city, a person in rest inc. and the Town name at the top of the screen when arriving or exiting a house reads: Calodust city
Also in Gullport, there are two unenterable houses and you can pass through one of the windows which i think should be impassable
A few road signs say West when i think they should say east
And a few text errors here and there xD

But apart from that, you're good to go! =D Keep up the good work!

Years
wow very nice =) love the environment and everything. Very good work. I wish i had some kind of a skill too help you, but i dont have any, yet XD

BTW you should do more advertisment. I found this threat by luck. Im sure there alot fo pokemon funs who would love to try this game out

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Luck must have been on your side to have a found a thread this old, wasn't it?

Considering the last post date was over a year ago, this development was probably let go by the owner or put on hold for a long period of time until he or she could approach it once more. That said, this thread is beyond its revival period, so I'm just going to have to close it. Make sure to check the last post date of a thread so it isn't over a month old. For Game Development, I believe the limit is two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back