• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Fallout (OOC/SU)

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
@TornZero

I.....Didn't even realize. I wrote that application when I was half-asleep and so I didn't take the time to proofread the whole thing. It's getting late now as well, so I'll wait until tomorrow and have a clearer mind
to make the changes.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Alright... I've been doing so much reading... Anyways... I'll get to the SU in the morning... But... Sableye is such an awesome staller, don't you think? *High pitched mischevious Laughter that shouldn't be coming from someone with developed vocal chords*

Yeah... If you don't get what I am alluding to... You will be frustrated trying to catch my character.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Name: Dmissor Avarice

Nickname: Pardon (A Canterbury Tales reference)

Sex : Male

Appearance: His black hair makes a sharp contrast to his sickly pale skin. Twin cowlicks that take the shape of ears or horns have eventually made their way into his hair. His milky white eyes have an almost crystal-like glint to them, as they reflect light in odd angles. When he smiles, one might notice that his teeth are sharpened to a dangerous point. On his chest is a blood red ruby that is about the size of a large coin.
He wears pants that were once white, but have been crudely dyed purple. He wears a similarly dyed jacket that has belts cascading from the arms, and strange buckles down the back, like a restraining device of some kind…

Personality: Pardon only enjoys the company of those who amuse him. Whether the amusement is through their weakness, strength, or actual friendship makes no difference. His sanity is dangerously fractured. He has a flawed understanding of life, and may even laugh at the wrong occasion. He can't focus his thoughts enough to plan, so he tends to either run away from anything dangerous, or take orders from someone who does have a plan. This does not stop him from playing with certain people to see if they make amusing responses. If he wants something, he will try hard to get it, including killing someone to get it. He's been chased from multiple towns for violently attacking people for downright unintelligent reasons. His diet consists of minerals and gem stones.

History: Dmissor Avarice only recently received a Pokespirit on Mt. Coronet, but for some strange reason, their two personalities fused. It took a month for their personalities to fully assimilate into a single dominant personality. What was left was a new entity that continued to called itself Pardon. Pardon's instability was weak at first, having only started at the age of 12, but it had been growing since then.

Species: Sableye

Personality: When the Sableye linked with Pardon, they were permanently fused into a single entity.

Moves: Shadow Sneak, Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, Recover, Shadow Ball, and Toxic

Other: After fusing with Sableye, his flesh took on the properties of the Sableye's flesh. It's a strange composite material that can turn he can use to turn intangible.

Opening Post :
Shadow… Shadow…. Shadow…

Slowly and lethargically, Pardon counted the trees that he passed under, pointing to each shadow individually. This shadow… Is different…. He knelt down and pushed his nose to the shadow blanketed ground and sniffed. I smell... Dirt and grass... He wrinkled his nose in disgust before putting his ear to the ground.

"Uh-huh… Uh-huh…" he mumbled, nodding his head. He sat down and crisscrossed his legs, Medicham style. His right arm fell under his chin as he pushed his straining brain to it's limits…

"I think…" he started, licking his triangle shaped teeth as he paused, "I think this shadow… It's… It's… IT'S" He shot to his feet and threw his head back, "YELLOW!" He screamed the word to the full moon above him. Pardon held that last "O" note as long as he could, A long howl of worship to the giant pearl in the sky. As he finished with a heavy wheeze, he grinned manically and continued his march to the lights in the distance.

Shadow… Shadow… Shadow….

Last edited:

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Hey, I was wondering if I could scrap that last application and start fresh with a different character setup. That one's a mess that I wrote when tired, and I wanna go ahead and take a different approach with a new character I had been thinking about at school. The Cyndaquil-human mixture was something I had no idea where I was going with. This one, I've put thought into.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Koyan: Alright... There's only one part of your app that really sticks out as needing addressing. This part of your history.

"Dmissor Avarice only recently received a Pokespirit, and used its abilities to break free from the Mental Ward his parents had put him in for "Protection"."

One needs to hike to the top of Mt. Coronet to get a pokspirit. Nothing short of divine intervention is going to make a pokespirit come to someone elsewhere.

The other thing being... mental asylums aren't really a thing. People that aren't sane are either killed or wind up killing anyone in their way, depending on how competent/powerful they are. They could also simply wind up hiding from the world around them. But there isn't really a... society left to take care of them in the manner you're describing.

@pppgggr: Absolutely. Do what you wish. Our only job is to make sure it's consistent with the world of Fallout, makes sense, isn't broken to the point of ruining the roleplay for others, and that you can y'know... write a decent post.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
I'll fix it. I started writing that at like 3 am my time, so... It wasn't my best.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Well, after my tired butchery of my last app, I've decided to scratch my last character and come up with a fresh one, and this one I've actually put some thought into, and consulted partially with yellow about, so hopefully It'll be much better.

Name:Tetsu

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-13):10

Sex (Male or Female):Male

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish.): Tetsu's small in size with light green hair and eyes. On either side of his neck, he has two light red disks protruding from him that are very similar to the plate-like horns found on a Ralts. For clothing, he wears a white shirt that is slightly too large for him, and a pair of baggy, blue shorts. He generally walks around barefoot, preferring to feel the ground beneath his feet. He's also rather scrawny for one of his age.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Tetsu is a very kind and warm-hearted person, always ready to give out a smile. Caring very little as to whether you're an adult, a child, or another pokespirit wielder, he'll do his best to show you as much kindness and respect as he would anyone else, so long as you aren't out to harm him or one of his friends. Though he's generally peaceful and would like to avoid battle, he is in no way a coward and if his or another's life is in danger, he'd dive into battle in an instant. As well as being kind, he also has quite the adventurous spirit, always wanting to see the world beyond the horizon. One of his greatest flaws, however, is that he is far too trusting. It's not very hard to lead him into a trap or bend him to your will if you do so under the guise of helping people, or mere friendship.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events?): Tetsu was born into Eterna city. His mother was a kind and gentle woman, yet his father never seemed to be around. He lived happily with his mother in Eterna until the age of 6 when she died to a cancer-like disease that had been ravaging her body for several years. One of his ancestors was a professor, and before the world fell apart, he passed on his research in the form of a journal to his children, who then passed it to his mother, and now, his mother chose to pass it on to him. The contents of the book were nothing too special, just bits of information on the long-dead pokemon that roamed the lands, but upon reading it, Tetsu was instantly mesmerized. After she had passed, Tetsu joined a group of wandering poke-spirit wielders--though he had yet to obtain his own pokespirit--for another two years after that until resources began to dwindle and they left him, the weakest member, alone. By that time, he could more-or-less handle himself, however, and spent some time wandering around sinnoh until eventually he came across Mt. Coronet. Feeling adventurous, he climbed to the top of the mountain where he fused with his Pokespirit, Ralts. After obtaining his partner, he then headed to the "Children's City", realizing that in his current state, that would be the only place he would truly be accepted.

Pokéspirit (No legendaries. Alternate color schemes are allowed.)
Species:
Ralts

Nickname (Optional):

Personality (Can be as short or long as you want):Ralts has a very similar personality to Tetsu in being very kind and gentle. The only real difference between the two is that Ralts is quite a bit wiser than him, often-times advising him of possible trouble.

Moves (Maximum of 6. TM and egg moves are allowed. These are the moves your character gets when they fuse): Double Team, Psychic, Magical Leaf, and teleport. (All taken right from Ralts' wiki page)

Other (Optional): Though not in the white pokedexes, in most pokedexes, it states that ralts has the ability to detect a person's emotions through the plate-like horns on its head. Considering Tetsu has those horns on his neck, I would like to give him a similar ability if it's not too much trouble.

Opening Post (This will be what we use to determine whether your writing skills are good enough. If accepted, you may feel free to copy paste your post here into the IC thread.): Tetsu slowly began to awaken after a long night's sleep, his eyes slowly peeling apart and letting a clear view of the ceiling seep through. After simply lying in bed for a few moments, he pulled himself up and off of the small, rough cot he was sleeping on. Shooting Ralts a quick metal "Good Morning", he then turned his gaze to the room around him only to see that the rest of the children were still a sleep.

For several months, he had been sharing a small house on the edge of the Children's City with several other occupants, making the best of what he had available. In such dangerous times, there was safety found in numbers, and considering his fairly mediocre skills in battle, he had no choice but to find a group of his own.

Quietly making his way out of the building, he walked around the side and plopped himself down beside a tree. Then, reaching into his pants, he pulled out his great grandfather's old journal and began to flip through the familiar pages, taking in the many sketches of pokemon long dead. Coming across a picture of a Ralts, he began to smile, giving his partner a mental nudge.

You were tiny back then, he mused, only getting a warm surge of emotion as a reply. Ralts rarely spoke.

A thoughtful expression crossing his face as a though entered his mind, he pushed further.

Will you ever be like that again?

At this, Tetsu could feel a sea of emotion erupting from his partner. Taking a few moments to think it over, Ralts gave him a reply in his high-pitched mental voice.

It depends on humanity, I guess. You caused this, and it'll be like this until Arceus changes his mind.

Leaving the conversation at that, Tetsu resumed flipping through the book, the idea of pokemon returning in full weighing heavily on his mind.

Dawn

Years
@Koyan: Glad to hear it. The goal of character standards is to make the RP funner for everyone once you finally get in, so I hope you don't take it hard.

@pppgggr: Alright... Guess what? You're accepted man! Congratulatoins. I'd like to throw it out there that there is another character wielding a gardevoir pokespirit in the RP. (Hailey, roleplayed by myself)

I would however append that thought by noting that neither she nor her spirit are what one might expect from a gardevoir...

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
@Koyan: Glad to hear it. The goal of character standards is to make the RP funner for everyone once you finally get in, so I hope you don't take it hard.

@pppgggr: Alright... Guess what? You're accepted man! Congratulatoins. I'd like to throw it out there that there is another character wielding a gardevoir pokespirit in the RP. (Hailey, roleplayed by myself)

I would however append that thought by noting that neither she nor her spirit are what one might expect from a gardevoir...

'kay, thanks. I went with Ralts as opposed to one of its evolutions because I wanted a more innocent character than what I'd usually use.

Khawill

<3
Years
Lol, my characters didn't used to be in line with their spirits personality wise (well on was then changed, then died. Que sad music) and the other wasn't and is now. So hm I guess I enjoy toying with personalities.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Okay. I wasn't paying much attention, but I saw "truck" in IceFyr's most recent post, and I think it's well overdue already to call BS, and I mean serious BS.

There are no vehicles, at least none that work /at all/. Vehicles and usable fuel do not survive 100 years of disuse. (There aren't any Pokémon to get more fuel either.) The fact that the Pokémon world suffered a technological collapse should have been more than enough to draw you AWAY from the idea that you could ever get a car (why would you even want one?), let alone have a 10-13 year old even driving it terribly when they don't even know where the ignition is.

Vehicles cannot be maintained or repaired without an absurd amount of readily available technology. Humanity has a thousand problems in Fallout, and driving definitely isn't one.

So... yeah, no. Period. No exceptions whatsoever. You guys (IceFyr and Pppgggr) are gonna have to fix that.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@IceFyr: Yes, but we need you to go back and fix the post with the huge continuity error in it. That is to say, that truck needs to have never existed. I mean honestly. Your character is very likely capable of running far faster than some vehicle trying to carefully navigate the rural routes of Sinnoh without getting completely wrecked in the process to begin with.

The world of fallout needs to make sense for people to enjoy it, and right now trucks just don't make sense by any stretch of imagination. In order to make sure that the RP remains enjoyable, I need to ask you to go back, edit the post, and replace the truck with something that fits in the setting. Honestly, pokespirit wielders using any sort of vehicle doesn't make a lot of sense to begin with even if the vehicle itself could plausibly still be around, but something without any sort of engine and not requiring any sort of power such as perhaps a bicycle could be used in place of a truck.

...Presuming your character can ride a bicycle. :U But seriously. In order to move on, this needs to happen. For everyone's sake, let's not drag this out any longer. Get the edit done and let's move on. Hmm?

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
I was only going along with Ice......I'd figured it was something they had aquired earlier on. So what....Are we backtracking now?

Dawn

Years
@Machomuu: ...Commerce? There is no economy. Bartering is all that exists, and people's perceived value of something differs. I'm not sure what you're asking here. o3o

@Icefyr: Thank you. ||3

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
@machomuu: There's really not much of value that isn't food aside from objects that are only sentimentally valuable. However, Pokémon Spirits can be considered valuable to the wielder, and any other wielders looking to get stronger (by way of killing wielders and absorbing their Pokémon Spirits—actually, killing anyone works as well since one can obtain regular human energy for strength; Spirits add substantial boosts, and if I remember right they can be used just like a kid's initial PokéSpirit).

Back