• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animes/manga are you guys into right now

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Finally got around to watching Captain Harlock, GE999 made me fall in love with the Leijiverse and this isn't letting me down one bit.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I don't recall the last time I've watched an anime, but I do find myself picking up a lot of game based 4Komas when I get the opportunity.

One series I really liked was Hoshi no Kirby:Dedede of Pupupuland. Fun to be had all around. They should've based the show off of that (but tamer). Unfortunately, volume 25 was the last one. I'm glad it ended properly, but still. :(

My favorite manga right now is any Pokemon comic done by Takahiro Yamash-ita. My ideal Pokemon world right there, silly and gag filled as it may be. I'm amazed that he seemed to monopolize this point of view so early. Did everyone else really think the trainer's life was that much more interesting (To be fair, game/trainer based Pokemon 4Komas are hilarious when done right)?

I'm glad Yamash-ita's still in the biz. It's the last thread of Pokemon merch I still happily hand over money to. What a sad world it'll be when that ends. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
After finishing Sword Art Online and Btooom! last week, I marathoned Ao no Exorcist in two days after planning to watch it since it came out. Finished it earlier today and immediately picked up Pandora Hearts, which I also planned on watching for a while now. I'm in an anime watching mood right now, and after I finish this (which will probably be tomorrow), I'm thinking of watching Durarara!! or Inu X Boku Secret Service.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
After finishing Sword Art Online and Btooom! last week, I marathoned Ao no Exorcist in two days after planning to watch it since it came out. Finished it earlier today and immediately picked up Pandora Hearts, which I also planned on watching for a while now. I'm in an anime watching mood right now, and after I finish this (which will probably be tomorrow), I'm thinking of watching Durarara!! or Inu X Boku Secret Service.

Were you happy with Blue Exorcist? I felt the ending parts got really cheesy really quickly. Hated the ending to death.

You should definitely go ahead with Durarara!!, I got the boxset and it's an amazing show with a great mix of action and drama. All the different perspectives work well and you even get some cameo's from the old Baccano crew ;P

Years
Recently picked up Chance Pop Session again. Planning to finish that before the end of the year. After that, I'll probably resume my progress on Madoka and Toradora, in an effort to reduce the number of unfinished series in my list, cleaning the shorter series out first.

Years
Manga : Born to cook, Pokemon Special, Heart Blossom, Hidamari Sketch, Divine Puzzle, and I am Here

Anime : Shugo Chara (THE BEST!!), Hidamari Sketch, and Naruto!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Why am I not posting more in this section of PC? O.o I should admit more openly that I love anime/manga. Heh.

Recently picked up Chance Pop Session again. Planning to finish that before the end of the year. After that, I'll probably resume my progress on Madoka and Toradora, in an effort to reduce the number of unfinished series in my list, cleaning the shorter series out first.
Toradora <3 It's better in the beginning than in the end, imo, but do finish watching it!

Anime : Shugo Chara (THE BEST!!), Hidamari Sketch, and Naruto!
Shugo Chara is awesome, yes! It seems so childish (well, it is) but it's actually quite deep and something about it just makes it so incredibly enjoyable. Maybe all the character relationships and backstories.

Anyways :p At an anime site I recently randomly clicked a link in a list and found myself watching 07 Ghost. And whoa, I was hooked. Only problem I had was that every important character was male lolol I happen to be a feminist. And some characters felt a bit shallow after the first season. When I had finished watching it, I though that was it and began looking for something else to watch.

... aaand then I realized that there was a 07 Ghost manga that stretched faaar longer than what the anime had shown so far. It's asakjdalsjdlaksjd <3 Too bad I'm at chapter 89 now and there's only 90 chapters so far. I'll be following this, it's easily one of the best manga I've read. It began focusing more on plot than the anime did and it even got an important female character eventually xD

I started watching Pandora Hearts but didn't like the first episode. Maybe I should give it another try?

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I just picked up three volumes of 20th Century Boys at the local store. This has to be one of the most interesting and engaging manga's I've ever read. The variation in time in the stories flows so well and everything connects fluently. Not to mention I'm a huge fan of these mystery/drama/sci-fi types. Has anyone else read it? What am I in for?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
After finishing Sword Art Online and Btooom! last week, I marathoned Ao no Exorcist in two days after planning to watch it since it came out. Finished it earlier today and immediately picked up Pandora Hearts, which I also planned on watching for a while now.
Good good, I really liked Ao no Exorcist and Pandora Hearts.

I just finished Sword Art Online, and I'm about to finish Sukitte Iinayo. I started watching K Project and Arcana Famiglia. Both have good art styles, but I'm finding myself a tad bored. I'll give them another go since I finished watching the two anime I wanted to follow this season.

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
Years
Now I'm watching/reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure as well as Hokuto no Ken and reading Trigun Maximum, Hellsing, and Drifters. I'm not really into general shounen manga and anime like Fairy Tail and Naruto.

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
Not too much anime appeals to me. The only two I've seen and liked were Dragon Crisis and Sword Art Online. (Obsessed with Sword Art Online. <3)

Pinta77

I am hesitant when it comes to anime. I've seen some creepy stuff on anime... The one I was most recently watching was "The Sacred Blacksmith". It was pretty good, although i never finished all the episodes. My favorite anime ever was Black Butler (The original series, the 2nd one was bs!) and my second favorite was Full Metal Alchemist(both original and brotherhood).

Oh, and a couple episodes of Ghost in the Shell Were interesting.

Years
K Project is getting really good. Although people complain often about character development and all those fancy details; I could care less about them. I'm glad season 2 was green-lit. The OST is awesome as well. :D

J

good morning
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
I just picked up three volumes of 20th Century Boys at the local store. This has to be one of the most interesting and engaging manga's I've ever read. The variation in time in the stories flows so well and everything connects fluently. Not to mention I'm a huge fan of these mystery/drama/sci-fi types. Has anyone else read it? What am I in for?

The story is a well-mixed cocktail of ESP, aliens, 60s music, and late Showa-era nostalgia. You're in for a magnificent tale that describes the passionate struggle of a group of men and women (and, at one point, a transvestite,) who lead the forces of justice against a colossal evil. It's a story about love and peace and rock and roll and, of course, saving the world.

Meanwhile, with Maoyuu's all-star cast and its being the adaptation of a popular work, it seems that it's going to be taking the crown this season.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Lamune is adorable. Even though it's like eight years old ...

It's somewhat refreshing after watching a bunch of stuff with more urban settings and active plots, which is great.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Anime : Dragon Ball Z - Love Hina - Naruto
Manga : Dragon Ball Z - Naruto.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Watching Kokoro Connect because I need a new anime to watch, as for manga reading, planning to read the Pokemon Adventures Manga, starting from the end of the FR/LG arc, and also SKET Dance, if the anime doesn't come out soon.

Back