• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's the ugliest Pokemon of each gen?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
For me it would be:

Gen 1 - Jynx/Zapdos (what are those things ... Zapdos looks ugly, but in a good way :D)
Gen 2 - Raikou
Gen 3 - Hariyama (Fat sumo thing). Deoxys too
Gen 4 - Probopass / Magmortar / Regigigas / Arceus (The first one is a Mario wannabe that looks messed up, Magmortar looks like a fat Santa Claus with a cartoony cannon, and Regigigas... what is that thing supposed to be? Arceus does not look like a God Pokemon, it looks like a llama stuck in a hula hopp.)
Gen 5 - GENESECT / Oshawott / Conkeldurr / Garbodor / Klinklang / Tornadus-I / Thundurus-I / Landorus-I (Genesect looks like a robot, and bug-type robots just disgust me. It reminds me of those buzzes from Donkey Kong Country 3. Seriously, please explain how is oshawott cute. Conkeldurr? No thank you. Ugly nose, ugly face, ugly everything. Garbodor... I assume you know that already, but at least he's useful. Klinklang has a terrible name and I want to shoot the person who came up with it. It's just gears. Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus are all very ugly in their Incarnate forms. Lazy and uninspired designs and they look too much alike. The Therian forms are really good, though.)
Gen 6 - Gogoat

What about you?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh, this will be fun.

You really think Raikou, Genesect and Gogoat are ugly? I adore Raikou's design and like it better than both Entei's and Suicune's. But we all have our different opinions ;)

I have a hard time deciding on the ugliest 5th gen even. Tranquill is ugly imo because it has such a boring design. A middle bird without a real reason or distinct looks. Conkeldurr is really ugly, haha, it looks like a clown with unproportionally small legs and I never liked that it had big stone poles it carried around. But also Seismitoad, especially with its freaky wobbling head thingies in its game animation. Crustle isn't downright ugly, but I think its design is quite bad :p That stone block is just too large and square haha. And of course, Garbodor. It's name is smart and nice even, but its looks are terrible.

That's just gen V, so I'll likely post again at some point xD I didn't know that I found so many pokémon to be ugly, but I just can't choose on one. Luckily I also find a lot of pokémon beautiful and cool, so.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Aww... you think magmortar is ugly? I kinda like him... :p

Anyways

Gen 1: I would have to say jinx XD it's just so... idk

Gen 2: Hmmm this one's kinda hard cause I like gen2 alot... Politoed? it's just so ugly

Gen 3: Combusken... Blaziken is one of my favorite pokemon and Torchic is freaking cute but... Combusken is damn ugly.

Gen 4: Togekiss.... How do we make togepi and togetic less cute? Make it really fat and not have a neck

Gen 5: Klink family.... just gears? really?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
This should be interesting :]

Gen 1: Mmm... Gloom. Disgusting design.
Gen 2: Xatu. I hate his design to bits and its just so... boring for me to look at.
Gen 3: Swampert. Don't get me wrong, I liekz them Mudkipz, but Swampert is just so ugly! >.<
Gen 4: Gliscor. I get that it's strong and stuff, but I consider his design to be hideous :[
Gen 5: GARBODOR! I Can barely tolerate Muk from Gen 1 but this? A ripped trash bag?! Just no.

@ChiliDawgs. Oh no you didn't! I love Togekiss, but yah, I guess not having a neck (or a defined zone for a face) gives it quite the amount of negative points xD

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Gen1: I like most of these really. Lickitung stands out as eh.
Gen2: Dunspare.
Gen3: Camerupt, Nintendo pls.
Gen4: Infernape/Rhyperior/Magmortar/Lickilicky. Pls stop Gamefreak...
Gen5: Stoutland....

I like the less overdesigned Pokemon really. Now they're adding ribbions, super long geled hair, and patterns on everything.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I want to try

Gen 1: the one that calls me is Onix sorry
gen 2: Smouchum- it's baby pokemon with big lips
gen 3: Deoxys- I just think it's ugly
gen 4: Mime Jr- another ugly baby pokemon
gen 5: sorry but Swoobat-it evoled from such a cute bat too.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Gen 1 - Porygon...wth are you supposed to be again?

Gen II - Quagisre, I'm sorry to say this... but u iz uuuugly!

Gen III - Lombre, you look like a Orange county woman who just got a lip job and is trying to start a new trend with leaf hats. You and your whole evo family.

Gen IV - Carnivine: with the smile on that face he's got there must be some terrible things on his rap sheet.

Gen V Cubchoo... I'm just kidding! Stunfisk= a Pikachu that got sat on by a Snorlax and out came this thing. Garbador, I think enough has been said about YOU, young sir. Swadloon, you just mad bro I don't like that.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Do you mean ugly or bad? Because it is not easy being ugly, some have to work really hard at it! You can't really blame a pokemon like Garbador for being ugly, he is a bag of trash! That's like saying Skuntank is bad because he is smelly, he is a skunk.

Garbador is ugly as a defense mechanism. He is supposed to be ugly and he succeeded! Garbador was fun on my 3rd run of BW. (I admit not never using him until a 3rd run. come on he is a bag of garbage, who knew he was secretly cool.)

Pokemon I hate the look of:
Gen 1: Oddish Line - all of them
Gen 2: Jumpluff line - all of them
Gen 3: Swampert - He his just so lumpy and the blue/orange contrast badly. My school color are blue and orange and they look great together!
Gen 4: ????
Gen 5: Throw and Sawk (for obvious reasons) and Cottonee

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I - Raticate
II - Gloom
III - Huntail
IV - Drapion
V - Kyurem

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I thought this list would be easy, but realized that it was actually kind of hard to do (except for 2 gens Johto and Hoenn), as there many that fit in. Judging mostly how the Pokemon looks like

Gen. 1 - Kanto: had trouble deciding as a few Pokemon all fit in as ugliest, but for me it would go to Diglett. Very simple and boring design, and can't see the rest of it [some of my others would be: Tangela and Snorlalx]

Gen. 2 - Johto: Chikorita and its evolutions, I have never liked it design

Gen. 3 - Hoenn: Torchic and all its evolutions, again, I don't like its design at all

Gen 4 - Sinnoh: Lopunny, didn't like its design since the first time I seen it, it looked plain ugly in my opinion [others I'll mention: Chimchar and its evos, Piplup and its evos, Shellos, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Hippoppotas, Lickylicky, Tangrowth, & Rotom]

Gen 5 - Unova: very hard to decide who would be worse in design but I'll give it to Klink and its 2 evolutions Klang and Klinklang - to me it doesn't even look like a Pokemon, more like left over lost pieces of machinery [others to mention: Cottonee, Gothita and its evolutions, Vanillish and its evolutions, Golett & Golurk]

Gen 6 - Kalos: I won't judge/rate until all Pokemon are introduced.

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
For me it would be:

Gen 1 - Jynx/Zapdos (what are those things ...)
Gen 2 - Raikou
Gen 3 - Hariyama (Fat sumo thing)
Gen 4 - Probopass / Magmortar / Regigigas / Arceus (The first one is a Mario wannabe that looks messed up, Magmortar looks like a fat Santa Claus with a cartoony cannon, and Regigigas... what is that thing supposed to be? Arceus does not look like a God Pokemon, it looks like a llama stuck in a hula hopp.)
Gen 5 - Genesect (it looks like a robot, and bug-type robots just disgust me. It reminds me of those buzzes from Donkey Kong Country 3)
Gen 6 - Gogoat

What about you?

WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?loljk XD

Oo, this ought to be fun!

GEN 1: Exeggutor, Mr. Mime and Hypno are tied. Honorable mentions include Dugtrio, Machamp, Magneton, Exeggute, and Jynx just by a little.

GEN 2: Crobat. The honorable mention is Mantine.

GEN 3: Nosepass and Claydol are about tied. I'd say honorable mentions are Shiftry, Slaking, Exploud, Medicham, Snorunt, and maybe Glalie.

GEN 4: Kricketune takes the cake, but many honorable mentions come very close: Empoleon, Infernape, Wormadam, Ambipom, Bronzong, Toxicroak, Abomasnow, Lickylicky, Yanmega, Gliscor, and Probopass.

GEN 5:
Oh boy. This Gen is stuffed to the gills with uglies. The crowning champions of ALL uglies comes from this gen... I present to you the gold-medalists... Timburr, Gurdurr, and Conkeldurr! Our silver-medalists are Trubbish and Garbodor. Honorable mentions include Pignite, Watchog, Roggenrola, Tympole, Throh, Sawk, Scrafty, Darminitan, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Escavalier, Amoonguss, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Beheeyem, Klinklang, Cryogonal, Accelgor, Genesect, Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.

And of course, that's alllll opinion-based :D

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Man, some of my favorite Pokes are getting a lot of hate around here :(
I'll just go ahead and give you my top list of ugliest Pokemon:

1st Gen: Muk. I love this Pokemon, but he's freaking ugly

2nd Gen: Dunsparce. I mean, what is this thing??

3rd Gen: Feebas. Pretty obvious choice

4th Gen: Tangrowth. Hands down, no competition

5th Gen: Alomolola

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Gen 1: Jynx: Horrible design. Don't like the long blonde hair.
Gen 2: Smoochum: It's pre-evolution looks worse.
Gen 3: Treecko evo. line: I'm not into geckos and I'm not into Grass-type starter Pokemon.
Gen 4: Gastrodon: Despite the fact it has two different sets of colors, having the black eyes gives me the creeps. I'm glad I'm not touching one either.
Gen 5: Pretty close call between Druddigon, Gothita evolutionary line and Vullaby, but Vullaby captures my vote. It looks like its half-hatched, and the dark pink face just does not work.
Gen 6: While it's not released yet, I already have a choice for ugliest Pokemon: Skrelp. I'm glad I'm not touching that either.

Years
I am sure this thread will break many hearts but oh well...

Kanto : Jynx ( Man so horrible and scary...)

Johto : Quagsire ( Hey what's up with that Body...)

Hoenn : Swalot ( Yet again another Slimy fellow with 0 level of being famous)

Sinnoh : Burmy family ( I just don't like them except Mothim)

Unova : Yamask ( What is this thing !!!!)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
You know why I hate Raikou's design?

Because it looks like a sabre-tooth cat, yet it is supposed to be a legendary beast. Look at its eyes, why are they red? The crest from its forehead is also weird.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Gen I: Pinsir; it really creeped me out when I first saw it.

Gen II: Dunsparce. While I know that it's supposed to be based on te tsuchinoko, its face doesn't look anything like a snake, IMO.

Gen III: Slaking. I mean, just look at it.

Gen IV: Rhyperior. IMO, Rhydon was fine where it was.

Gen V: Tie between Garbodor and Druddigon

Years
I thought Garbador was ugly at first glance, but I actually think it has a really nice design, so I don't mind if he is a bit cute/ugly. As long as an ugly pokemon has a redeeming quality or the ugliness has an intended purpose.

1)
103.png

2)
224.png

3)
342.png

4)
tangrowth.png

5)
591.png

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Gen I: Pinsir; it really creeped me out when I first saw it.

Gen II: Dunsparce. While I know that it's supposed to be based on te tsuchinoko, its face doesn't look anything like a snake, IMO.

Gen III: Slaking. I mean, just look at it.

Gen IV: Rhyperior. IMO, Rhydon was fine where it was.

Gen V: Tie between Garbodor and Druddigon

Come on, Rhyperior and Pinsir look cool. Agreed with Dunsparce, but I still think Raikou is uglier. Slaking is ok. Druddigon is ok. Garbodor... totally agreed.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
not judging from there sprites ingame. but there is only one pokemon i think is ugly. and there is only one pokemon i absolutely HATE with all my heart.

that pokemon is vanillish.
Spr_5b_583.png

like, how un-original. how stupid. how boring. that is something that development would of came up with in 5 minutes and put it in the pokedex just to fill numbers. and for this. nintendo needs a kick. in the groin.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
1. Hypno, it's a pedo with a huge nose what else is there?
2. Piloswine. Looks like furry poop. Swinub and mamoswine are cool though.
3. Cradily. It scares the hell out of me.
4. Tangrowth. Bigger, fatter tangela with arms.
5. The fighting types other than:
Mienfoo line
swords of justice
meloetta

Back