• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon types do you believe are essential to a team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBob

Professor Bob
Years
Well for Pokemon Platinum, it depends really on you. But 6 pokemon types that are essential to a team would be Flying, Electric, Ghost, Psychic, Ice / Rock and Fire/Water/Grass types.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
HOLY CRAP, CRUSHER HAS HASEO IN HIS SIGNATURE!

S**T! *Explodes*

Ahem... I always have a Dragon on my team, but really, who doesn't?

As a personal preference, ghosts are good, too. Banette, Dusknoir, Gengar, Mismagius, and Drifblim can all take you a pretty long way. Plus, they're all really cool (Except for Dusknoir. Nintendo, what did you do to my Dusklops?! *Shakes fist at sky*).

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Flying; Dragon.
The former to come out first and take the first move via a naturally high speed stat; the latter to do the general fighty stuff once the former is down and out.

The rest can be whatever as far as I'm concerned; I like birds so tend to fill my slots with those, but filling the 'basic triangle' of Grass+Water+Fire is good in practical terms.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Dragon simple.

They have a wide range of attacks and they are powerful.
A good CB & DD Gyrados & Salamance own everything xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back