• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Tide of Destiny

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
This is my first pokemon game. It is called Pokemon:Tide of Destiny, ToD for short.

Story Summary

You start of in the new region called Annocia, you live in a small house in the small town of Pollygreen grass, you have to reach Sea Vine to get your first pokemon. You can chose from either Fire, Water or Holy pokemon. Meanwhile ur rivial is moving to sea vine. your rival's name is William, anyways you start your pokemon journey traveling through the region of Annocia. Until you encouter 2 teams:

Team Oceania and Team Abyss.

These 2 teams are trying to reseruct the ultimate pokemon, NightRouge and Heavoneon. Nightrouge is the pokemon of destruction and Heavoneon is the pokemon of destiny. Nightrouge and Heavoneon are trapped with in the cores of the Heavon Star, and the Death Star, these stars are located on the regioin of Annocia. Team Abyss is trying to reserect NR and Oceania HE. So you fight them both along with the occurance of a mustery team thats is trying to destroy Annocia for the true pokemon that lives within the regioin.

Goal: Your goal is to become a pokemon trainer or breeder (You have an option to chose which path in Sea vine) And to stop the 2 teams from awakening the 2 pokemon and to stop the ?? from destroying Annocia.

There will be new pokemon in this game.

Some Screenies

All of these are subject to change!

name.png

pkmn.png

The pokedex is in the earlier stages, thanks to rmxp.net and BudiseBuds.

Pollygreengrass.png

Menu script thanks to Esai and location thingy thansk to Peekimon. And thanks to -virutal-

seavine.png

Sea Vine ^^ Who can spot the 2 pokemon hiding in the flowers??

title.png

This is the title screen that will change after i reveal the new pokemon.

Post comments and such

- Lone Eevee

Last edited:

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Nice story you got there ^_^
Neat names, too!

Screenshot no:
1 - The trainer images look squashed.
2 - I couldn't see the pokedex yet, when I do, I'll edit the post. It's cool :) Very professional looking :)
3 - Menu's nice, I like the window skin :)
4 - The garden is "overflowered" as in, too much flowers there
5 - The titlescreen's colorful :) i like it :)

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
Peekimon said:
Nice story you got there ^_^
Neat names, too!

Screenshot no:
1 - The trainer images look squashed.
2 - I couldn't see the pokedex yet, when I do, I'll edit the post.
3 - Menu's nice, I like the window skin :)
4 - The garden is "overflowered" as in, too much flowers there
5 - The titlescreen's colorful :) i like it :)

I know the trainers look squashed i am redoing that screen as we speak, so they are not squashed. Umm i didnt mean for it to be a garden, there like that as there relaxtion bushes and flowers/trees, that help pokemon gain levels and stop from being hurt by stauts attacks. as that is the pkmn relaxtion house! A bit like the day care, but alot more affective.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Oh, but, it looks overflowered, as in, the flowers are all squashed together in one place.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
Years
does your pokedex work by showing monsters when you see them?
iv been after one of them four a while...
great looking screens btw.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
yeah it shows the information of the pokemon after you have battled it. But im going to try and change it so the only info shows after you have caught the pokemon.

I am also hiring a scripter and a spriter, if anyone is intrested then please do say and post some of your work for evidence.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Wow Im switching my game to Rmxp from what I see and the tutorials here*ruby coding* my game will kick *** I like your game some maps need work but good luck with it.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
Yeps i know the maps need work, but these are still early stages, im also new to rmxp i havve been using it for just over a month now. I am going to get better and im gonna finish this game! Thanks for all your comments there all noted. No one has said about the ekans hiding in the flowers and the lapras, also they are full moving and you here the pokemon crys from now and then, like in the pokemon games for the GBA.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
Great story! Just follow Peekimon's criticism noted above ^.
Btw, the pokedex looks awesome! The reason why I didn't use the script for the pokedex (in my game), was because when you meet a trainer, that pokemon will be added to the pokedex as well.... but I don't know about yours. :\

Anyways, good luck! (still using a CBS you PMed about?) :)

~Jeff

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
Jeff_PKLight said:
Great story! Just follow Peekimon's criticism noted above ^.
Btw, the pokedex looks awesome! The reason why I didn't use the script for the pokedex (in my game), was because when you meet a trainer, that pokemon will be added to the pokedex as well.... but I don't know about yours. :\

Anyways, good luck! (still using a CBS you PMed about?) :)

~Jeff

The catching system i havent tried, you didnt send me the cbs?? I a will follow his critcism! ^_^ Im not to sure i think i will have to test that, but me and budsie buds are trying to change it so it acts more like a pokedex.

Any spriters or scripters want to help please show me your work first!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
I just noticed 2 layer errors [ Image in attachment]
1- The Circular bushes are overlapping the rightmost tree
2- There is black stuff on the edges of the water

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
Years
I like your game, it different. Its cool because it aint an exact clone of every other pokemon game, it has originality. Keep up the good work and i will await the finished or improved result.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
the screens are awesome but um how do you save scripts in the script editor is there a buton you press.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I thought that the windowskin was a bit dark compared to the tiles. That's pretty much it. Nice start, and good luck!

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
These are some new screenies and some screens of the problems i fixed with help from peeki.

So new screens:

Rival Home, downstairs in the sea vine house.....

rivialhouse1.png

Inside Relaxation house

relaxhut.png

Some Fixed Screens:

New Boy or Girl screen, small screenshot for some reason??

nameagain.png

In this screenshot, i fixed the bushes layer problems, fixed the flowers, fixed the water, i also added bigger houses to the map desgin, i think it looks alot better now ^_^

huseaaain.png

- Lone Eevee

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Nice but still the trainer images look squashed. Also some of you charasets are with a filter anti-alias(dunno if spelled correctly), but the chipsets are not. Looks a bit weird.

keep it up.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Neatr screens, yet again :)
Constructive crits:
1st Screenie: Two tables are too much.
2nd: Nice
3rd:Looks Much Better!

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years
nice, maps!
oh, and you should add me to the credits too,
because i made the menu(not esai), you know ^^
anyway, good luck with this project!

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
-virtual- said:
nice, maps!
oh, and you should add me to the credits too,
because i made the menu(not esai), you know ^^
anyway, good luck with this project!

Sorry i didnt know, well your add to the credits. And Thanks Lot for telling me ^^

Back