• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen C-Gear: Opinions?

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
So we know the lastest snazzed up watch in Black & White is named the C-Gear, just wondering what your opinions on it were? I'm talking about its design, themes, what it does etc. At the moment it looks too... Complicated to me lol

And sorry if this thread has already been made, i had a quick look and there didnt seem to be :D

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Umm i feel soz for u cauze i dont know what black 'N' white is...sooooo i just wanted to be the first to say GOOD LUCK WIF THIS TREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D XD

Pokémon Black and White are the new Pokémon games just released in Japan, and in March they'll be revealed to the rest of the world. Visit the official site for more information.

@Salamence: Yea, I like it :D And so far I know, there isn't any other thread (except my old one which got locked because it was going off-topic :disappoin

Snowflakes

GONNA HATE?
Years
From what I've read about it, the C-Gear seems interesting enough. I don't exactly know enough to form a legitimate opinion. xD But, it does seem like an interesting feature that I can't wait to try out. c:

Years
@rebooka3 I feel sorry for you that you're so misinformed. Most everyone knows what Black and White are. Darling, the sub forum that we are in is Black and White.

The C-Gear is nice in design and it's mindless fun to mess with the positioning of your nodes. It has pretty good options, it pretty much eliminates the need for a pokemon center except for withdrawing/deposit and healing.
(You can trade from the C-Gear straight out of your box through infared/wireless.)

The thing I hate the most?

I do not care that I'm a girl, I do not want hearts as my node design!! It doesn't look as technologically advanced as the male's hexagons.
I can deal with pink. It's just a color. Colors are beautiful. Shapes, NO. No hearts. :|

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I never used Wi-Fi in gen IV, so I don't care too much about it now. I turn C-Gear off when I play since it just drains battery power.

Comokanu

Glitch Hunter
Years
@rebooka3 The thing I hate the most?

I do not care that I'm a girl, I do not want hearts as my node design!! It doesn't look as technologically advanced as the male's hexagons.
I can deal with pink. It's just a color. Colors are beautiful. Shapes, NO. No hearts. :|
You can just touch the C-Gear logo in the center-top of the C-Gear screent to change the shape from Hearts to hexagons to circles an' squares.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
I think it looks rather cool. It has a futuristic style to it that I absolutely love. Not to mention the new Wi-Fi features.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Looks good, especially the fact it's customizable like the pokegear ^^. Only this one has better skins. And it has a lot of components. Thats all I know about it right now...

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
Years
I'm excited to use the C-Gear! I'm glad that we can FINALLY customize how the Poke app looks! The features seem pretty useful, too.

Comokanu

Glitch Hunter
Years
Never really had much use for the C-Gear, apart from the Dream World.

Bit-off topic, but the GTS Negotiation is just amazing. It's just so much faster and more convenient.

I would rather have a Pokétch with C-Gear features integrated.
Maybe have it with a color screen this time? The HG/SS touch panel was just horrible, at least the B&W touch panel served a more practical use....

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The C-Gear is cooler than the PokeGear, Pokenav and Poketch, IMO because you can go wireless. But it does consume battery power quickly so I'll turn it off when I'm playing normally.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
I just figured out how you can customize the C-Gear (I mean with the IR, WIFI and WIRELESS- touch things) Touch "x" and then touch those things :D And that makes it even MORE awesome :D

Sigilyph

local psychopath
Years
The C-Gear sure looks nifty. I can't wait to try it out. It's cool that you can chat with friends and stuff while still playing through your game. My favorite skin has to be the Chillarmi one, it's so adorkable.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
I cant really give much an opinion because Im still highly curious of it. But I am aware of the wi-fi and infrared indications, or something like that. I am really liking the weather status being showed on the C-gear though :D I hope they have that tiny feature in future games.

Back