• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
help with breeding!!!!

ok so i have a female oshawott and a female pignite hehe but!!!! i cant find any breeding groups for black and white!!!! plus i kept them because i wanted to breed until i got the natures i wanted... the ones they both have are horrible. i dont want to keep playing until i get the perfect pokemon. i only have 3 badges so far so i dont have that many pokemon to choose from so that i can figure out by my self.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't think you can breed until you meet the day care man in Nimbasa City. (4th gym)

However Oshawott and Snivy can both be bred with Patrat which will result in Oshawott/Snivy eggs if the females are Oshawott/Snivy

Being Sneaky

So Not A Pro
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Need a little help...

I was EV training my Scraggy to be a heavy hitter in Attack. Now I looked up how to EV train, where I can go to train Attack and so on. I battled against 76 wild Patrat/Lillipup for what I had believed to be 1 EV each, and I had the MAcho Brace on to double into 2.

This yields 152 EV's if the numbers for Patrat/Lillipup are correct. Now the max is 255 (or 252 for EV's that actaully matter) so I tried to give my Scraggy protein to get him to max. When I try to use it I am told that it will have no effect.

I was just curious about why my calculations are wrong and such. I'm new to EV training so it might just be something I did wrong or overlooked.

BTW: My Scraggy was caught at level 17, and had no prior battle experience when I began it's training. It has an Adamant nature as well.

Really appreciate any help that can be offered. Thanks.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
Years
EV increasing items only work up to the first 100 EV points. Since the proteins aren't working, it means that your Scraggy's already gotten 100 or more Attack EV points.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Looking at galvantula, I see he can have the compound eyes ability. And from what I read, it says it raises an attack's accuracy by 30%. Is that 30% of the move's accuracy, or is the 30% added on to the attack's accuracy?

For example, for thunder having 70% accuracy, would it be:
An increase of 21% (30% of 70%), making it 91% accurate?
or
An increase of 30%, making it 100% accurate?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
You guys, I need some advice. I'm looking for a good flying type. I was thinking Archeops, but I slightly want Tirtouga which has the awful speed, and plus I already have a water type, Dewott, though I don't think that'd be too much of a problem. I have a sigilyph on my team, but don't want to teach it fly because it'd seem wasteful considering Sigilyph's attack is pretty low. What should I do? Get Archen and drop Sigilyph, or take Tirtouga and keep Sigilyph? Don't really want an Unfezant, and I can't get Braviary because I don't have white.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Question @ this collector dude in a Route 17-18 shack

What is he looking for?

Looking at galvantula, I see he can have the compound eyes ability. And from what I read, it says it raises an attack's accuracy by 30%. Is that 30% of the move's accuracy, or is the 30% added on to the attack's accuracy?

For example, for thunder having 70% accuracy, would it be:
An increase of 21% (30% of 70%), making it 91% accurate?
or
An increase of 30%, making it 100% accurate?

Ability/move boosts towards accuracy are percented from the original move value if not at 100%. So Victini will hit with 77% Thunders and close to 95% accurate Fire Blast (hax!).

Descriptive text can use a scrolling feature. Would make for clearer explanation (before translation/localization, mind)

Maul856

The End Of Light
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
i need help on easy train locations be for the elite 4 im there but my pokes just wont cut i have the means but not the levels help would be nice :D

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Can't remember if I asked this.

Are there some Pokemon that only appear at night / at certain times of days, and are there some Pokemon that change in appearance rate pending the time of day?

It appears that the game tiles don't even change for night/day so 'am curious.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
i need help on easy train locations be for the elite 4 im there but my pokes just wont cut i have the means but not the levels help would be nice :D

Hey, have you gotten through Victory Road? I assume you have. Well go back through Vic. Road, till you get to the doctor inside. That's the room I trained all my Pokemon to Level 60. Durant give the most exp, then comes Boldore, though they are annoying with sturdy. Run away from everything else like Mienfoo and Woobat. I trained a lot here, but you need to only train your Pokemon to at least just 50. By the way, what's your team?

Can't remember if I asked this.

Are there some Pokemon that only appear at night / at certain times of days, and are there some Pokemon that change in appearance rate pending the time of day?

It appears that the game tiles don't even change for night/day so 'am curious.

No, and No. Only Seasons affect Pokemon now. So the day/night feature has basically become just aesthetic. ;D

Last edited:

pokegirlsam

Pokemon Breeder and Trainer <3
Years
Question about battle-ing and trade-ing

Hi! again i made a thread about friend codes and what to do when youve already got some
my question is
when i go to the wi-fi area already and stuff how would i know which person like im trading with like how would you know if the person you added the friend code of is also gonna be trading? And what time? Do i ask that person??"?
(Lol sorry i dont know how to ask this)

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
Hi! again i made a thread about friend codes and what to do when youve already got some
my question is
when i go to the wi-fi area already and stuff how would i know which person like im trading with like how would you know if the person you added the friend code of is also gonna be trading? And what time? Do i ask that person??"?
(Lol sorry i dont know how to ask this)

ok i think i understand what u are asking
basically if u are trading with someone here on pc just discuss what pokemon u will be trading then exchange fcs and what time u are going to be trading. they will show up as whatever u regestered there name as in the palpad and u go upstairs in the pokecenter and talk to (i believe) the lady in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back