• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
whoah that's crazy. you must love it there! i've never been there.

It's not very far from where I live, only like 3 hours, by car, so we just went there every year to see some stuff. I kinda got sick of visiting NYC because I already saw everything there is to see, pretty much.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Up in northern Florida, though, people can have the typical southern accent more than those down in Central/Southern Florida

Florida is special like that. The more north you go the more southern it becomes and vice versa.

Right now I'm less concerned on where I live (because it's close to where I could pursue my career) and more concerned on the fact that I might have very well have just placed myself on an impossible career path hng...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll trade you Cirny! You get California and I'll get NYC. Fair deal! :D

My dad's been to Louisville, Kentucky recently for business and he told me that city life there is beautiful and he admitted that he wants to move there. xD I'm a huge city girl as well and I would much rather have things to do nearby rather than having to drive 15 miles just to find something to do. :(

Years
I've never been to North America, actually. Probably because the journey would be really long since I live in the UK... and I'm not good with airports and flying to start with :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I had a dream about Australia just a few months ago, and it felt so real. I visited Melbourne and Sydney and I remember that the scenery in both cities were so vibrant. That's when I realized that I should take a vacation there someday.

But like...I need to plan this trip YEARS in advance because high plane ticket costs & stuff .__.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Australia is a darn good country. Awful mosquitoes though. However it'd be cool seeing a bunch of you here. :D

North America sounds really cool actually but I'm nowhere near a fan of plane flights. Also how would you choose which states to visit? :(

Years
I don't think I ever want to travel to America, sorry but all American accents are annoying to me. Unless they're in a movie in which case Australian accents are annoying. Definitely travelling to Britain and across Europe when I finish Uni however.

Years
I don't see how American accents would annoy you, because in pop culture produced over here, most accents are actual accents and not "fake" accents, like how some stars would put on a "fake" Australian or a "fake" British accent. :/

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've been to NYC once before when I was about 12. It's a great place to be, but it sure is quite hectic and fast-paced there. Don't remember much though.

Australia, on the other hand, is just one of those countries everyone must visit! Beautiful scenery, great people, awesome lifestyle. Contrary to Sophie's statement about awful mosquitoes though, I've never gotten a single mosquito bite during my one year there last year. I returned back home and within the first hour gotten my first bite. ._.

Years
I thought Florida was bad with mosquitoes! It's always raining here and it's never a good idea to be out at night without bug spray because of how many mosquitoes get attracted to moisture here >_<

I really wish I took more photographs during my NYC trip.. it was so super amazing that I just want to go back again to see it.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I don't see how American accents would annoy you, because in pop culture produced over here, most accents are actual accents and not "fake" accents, like how some stars would put on a "fake" Australian or a "fake" British accent. :/

Nah, it's actually quite weird - an American accent in a film or a TV show, for some reason, often isn't anywhere near as apparently irritating as one in real life (although they can be. Kevin Bacon has invaded some of our adverts over here and... *shudder*) and trust me, they're generally seen as incredibly annoying haha. I guess when you're used to hearing the accents over here they just sound really wrong and awkward. Plus there are plenty of things associated with Americans which clash massively with English culture to make the accent automatically "noooooooo go away", haha.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
I thought Florida was bad with mosquitoes! It's always raining here and it's never a good idea to be out at night without bug spray because of how many mosquitoes get attracted to moisture here >_<

I really wish I took more photographs during my NYC trip.. it was so super amazing that I just want to go back again to see it.

yeah i went to disney world in june and it was raining on and off like crazy! it was nice tho because it cooled off ^_^

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nah, it's actually quite weird - an American accent in a film or a TV show, for some reason, often isn't anywhere near as apparently irritating as one in real life (although they can be.

The worst part about this is that I can't retort saying the same thing about you British folk. You guys sound sexy af. ;;

Also, Cirny, wanna trade places? =D

Nihilego

Years
The worst part about this is that I can't retort saying the same thing about you British folk. You guys sound sexy af. ;;

Which accent is this in reference to? I feel the need to correct everyone who says there's a "British" accent because there isn't, haha. d: /shot

Honest

Hi!
Years
Ehe, honestly? I wouldn't know what it is specifically. They all sound pretty hawt though.

Also, off topic. But there are so many cute tourists here. =D

Nihilego

Years
Ehe, honestly? I wouldn't know what it is specifically. They all sound pretty hawt though.

Go listen to nearly any Northern Irish accent then come back to me on that, haha. Also Liverpudlian while you're at it. d:

Also, off topic. But there are so many cute tourists here. =D

New York, iirc? Yeah I imagine it'd be proper touristy haha. Most of our cities are like that too (as well as the particularly scenic places) but I'd not exactly say tourists are... cute. Although the Europeans are usually nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back