• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hero and Heroine Name Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
François and Françoise!

If they do like they did by taking a word and deriving names from it (Resonate -> Rosa and Nate) then we could have something like Genome -> Gene and Naomi, or conversely Jean (or Jeanne) and Nemo. Okay, not the best example.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would laugh all day if they turn out to be Xavier and Yuna... GF would have my taste in names this generation...
Xander I could see as well as Yasmin. Maybe the girl will be X and the guy Y so it could be Xantha and Yuki or something like that .

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think everyone here is pretty much betting on the protagonists to follow the whole X and Y theme we have going. However, the default names of the protagonists haven't seem to fit the theme of the games since Gold/Silver/Crystal, where the characters were pretty much named after the titles.

May and Brenden don't fit with the Land and Sea theme for RSE, except for their optional default names (i.e. Landon/Sean or Terra/Marina).

Dawn and Lucas, other than sharing a common meaning of origin ("light"), doesn't seem to exactly fit with the theme of space and time like Diamond and Pearl did. Nor did they really reflect the title of the games. Unless you really wanted to get technical with the gems and their correlation with light.

Later in HG/SS, Gold (or Silver if you played Silver) had his name changed to Ethan while Kris was replaced with Lyra. Their common meaning related to sound, which could more or less go with the importance of bells in the games, but one could say that's really reaching if you're bent on finding a connection between the protagonists' names and the theme or title of the games.

In Black and White we got Hilbert and Hilda (Oh my gosh GameFreak, what were you guys thinking!?), but the origin of those names basically mean to fight or to battle. That could pretty much fit for any Pokémon game honestly and it didn't share a connection to the game titles or the theme of the story.

Finally we got Rosa and Nate for Black 2 and White 2. A huge improvement over Hilbert and Hilda if you ask me. But again, their connection lies within the word "resonate." The only close similarity I see with those names and the idea of B2W2 is that the games were sequels and it was completing or filling in the pieces of what Black and White left open. Even that could come off as reaching.

My point is, I don't think the names are going to start with an X or a Y and they may not even relate to the theme of the games. Their names may be more likely to share a commonality between each other (and maybe be of French influence) than share a link with the games themselves.

I think that's what we should be looking for.

Nakala Pri

Julian and Julie? Chris and Chrissy? So many possibilities, but I hope they don't have something like Hugo and Bertha... so sick now lol haha xD

zypher634

zypher634
Years
i got it. for the male it will be derp and the girl will be derpette

no but really im thinking like xander for the guy and yuri or Yvonne for the girl

Guy

just a guy
Years
Go home thread, you're drunk. Please don't revive threads past a month old. It might give them the wrong impression that they're no longer forgotten, when sadly they were. Sorry, thread!

[ Locked ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back