• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
It's certainly much different to what I was thinking, and also from the normal RP. I love the idea of the plates and the use of Areceus :D overall, looks great. Certainly will get many people interested I feel.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I had something similar in mind for my old PMD RP, but I pushed it back for the sake of having time for it when I get to post it. Except Arceus is rogue and corrupt, not anyone else. I'll probably join that if it opens when I have more time, though. If I can, or if I haven't posted mine yet. XD

Now I've been working on something with the same concept as Branch of Sin from Deadman Wonderland, but with a plot that doesn't revolve around prison (although they are kinda fugitives). It's in my sig, DEADMAN.exe. I'll post a sypnosis or something like Ray did around... Saturday. It has to do with politics. And war. And awesome.

/shuffles back into random shadowy corner

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
As the walls of FORSAKEN lie in crumbles, I find myself coming upon a slow realization. Perhaps my Roleplays are set /too far/ apart from most of the RPs on PC.

So, with this news leaving me with mixed emotion, I /may/ have an idea for a <<Sword Art Online>> Roleplay...

... Once I can finish the Manga and brainstorm a proper plot, that is.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
As the walls of FORSAKEN lie in crumbles, I find myself coming upon a slow realization. Perhaps my Roleplays are set /too far/ apart from most of the RPs on PC.

So, with this news leaving me with mixed emotion, I /may/ have an idea for a <<Sword Art Online>> Roleplay...

>.> Er, I think it's safe to mention that me & Pink are also attempting to make a <<Sword Art Online>> RP. We've already begun process. That's all I have to say.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, maybe I can hold off on my <<SAO>> RP for a while, then.

Who likes the idea of Wolf's Rain or Fullmetal Alchemist RPs?

Years
@Wolf - I don't really know any of those and they aren't based on the same thing as my future RP so it could be interesting to at least read them :)

@Ray - Do that. Right now. Even if I can't join I want to read it.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
I've been thinking about starting a Dangan Ronpa RP, but first of all I've never made an RP before, and second of all I don't even know how many people here know of it, so it might not go too well. Technically, people wouldn't have to know what it is in order to be in the RP, the concept is simple enough to explain, but it certainly would help.

Essentially its about a group of teens who each have a special talent or excel at something (baseball player, gambler, detective, ect.), chosen from around the country to become students at a prestigious academy. However, once they arrive, they find that they have been trapped in the school by an unknown party, and can't leave the school unless they kill another student. It gets more complicated than that, but that's the basic set up. I've been a part of one on tumblr, but I'd like to see how it would work on a forum like this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

There are so weird RPs here that can still work so I don't think there's anything wrong with your ideas. Sometimes things just die.

Also, don't bother with the SAO manga, it's a horribly drawn adaption of the light novel. You should just watch the anime instead, it's a much better adaptation imo, even if it's maybe not 100% true, especially not in chronology. From what I've gathered. Have only sniffed the light novels, though.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
There are so weird RPs here that can still work so I don't think there's anything wrong with your ideas. Sometimes things just die.

Also, don't bother with the SAO manga, it's a horribly drawn adaption of the light novel. You should just watch the anime instead, it's a much better adaptation imo, even if it's maybe not 100% true, especially not in chronology. From what I've gathered. Have only sniffed the light novels, though.

I completely agree with this. The anime is so much better than the manga.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@Wolf - I don't really know any of those and they aren't based on the same thing as my future RP so it could be interesting to at least read them :)
Both are Anime, one based around the use of alchemy and politics, the other about wolves in Human disguise heading out on a journey to find true paradise.

Seriously, Wolf's Rain is the greatest thing ever. You must watch/read it!

A Wolf's Rain Roleplay please! D:

Will we be able to be Wolves…?
If we weren't able to be wolves on a Wolf's Rain RP, what the heck would I be smoking!?

I don't know, I just have this awful track record of unsuccessful Roleplays that die shortly after creation. I /really/ want to turn this around, so I have to try not to be /too/ outlandish with my RP stuffs.

I've noticed it does seem to skip over a ton of stuff, but I'll likely turn to the Anime after finishing the manga (as soon as I convince my girlfriend to watch it with me, she likes it but she just doesn't know it yet).

Hell, if that's a novel, I'm going to have to get that book!

I completely agree with this. The anime is so much better than the manga.
I'LL GET TO IT RIGHT AFTER.

So, Wolf's Rain RP? I do have a plan for this, but I'm mildly worried about how few people actually know what it is and how that will affect player count and interest.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
A Wolf's Rain RP would be cool imo.

...I was also thinking of a Steins;Gate RP, but then I noticed how impossible that would be and dropped the idea within five minutes.

@Psycho- That sounds like... I think it was Battle Royale. Don't quote me on that, I've only heard of it (shame). But that certainly sounds familiar. The only problem, I suppose, (I think that this was raised earlier ago) is when it comes time for the RPers to die, if they are to die. That kinda makes me rethink lots of stuff.

I've had lots of RPs that I've thought of where the characters themselves are forced to die in the middle and I always throw the ideas away because that would put one person in the spotlight (and I certainly wouldn't want that), or makes RPers have to abandon their character mid-RP. And because of that it takes me a while to make RPs. I wish there was some way around that :S

@Wolf- I dunno what you would be smoking. You tell me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I've noticed it does seem to skip over a ton of stuff, but I'll likely turn to the Anime after finishing the manga (as soon as I convince my girlfriend to watch it with me, she likes it but she just doesn't know it yet).
Noo! Then the horrible manga will spoil the awesome thrills that the anime can give you! Don't bother with the manga, it was made without correlation to the anime, they are both based on the light novel so the anime is NOT based on the manga.

Haha sorry if I'm urging you a lot xD It's just that it's the truth ;)

Wolf's rain is starting to sound interesting, actually. Apparently there are fans here. Do try it out :3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
FINE FINE FINE, I'll watch it and stop reading.

Wolf's Rain is easily by-far my favorite Anime of all time.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
What we need is a Walking Dead RP.

Yes. That.

With emphasis on emotions and survival rather than murderous zombie murdering.

Or maybe a Zombieland RP would do.

Just give it to me already ):

Khawill

<3
Years
So I was wondering what the market might be for two RPs I've even tossing around. I'm not sure if I'm the only über scifi fangirl around these parts, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. With the release of the new Star Trek movie soon, I've really wanted to do something in that universe. Now, what better than mixing one of the most popular RP types...*cough* academies *cough* with space ships and aliens? Star Trek even has a built in canon place. "Starfleet Academy". I'm thinking open world on campus, with a well guided and structured main story that provides groupings of players a personalized story along the way.

That was just one. The second one is a little more...hard to describe. In a world quite similar to our own, each player is the ruler of their own country. Each country and leader has their own personalities, foibles and history. The player is part of a greater "UN" like organization that is responsible for dictating global policy. I was hoping to show off the underbelly of politics with scandal, dirty deals, etc. Maybe even a dice mechanic that let's PCs attack one another for story purposes.

Anyway, those are the brief pitches. I'm on my mobile right now, so I couldn't type out everything. Not really sure if I have the crowd for these here. If not, then back to plotting my game of thrones/temerair/pokemon style universe.

I like the second idea, though I call America! :D
---------------------------------

Also want to do a Final Fantasy RP, I'm wondering which one would be most interesting to you guys. (As in which Final fantasy?)

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
I am working on a Crysis based RP. It is just a skeleton as of now but here it goes:

The RP takes place between the events of Crysis 2 and 3. CELL has started using CEPH technology to achieve great position in global market, especially in energy. Nanosuits are banned and existing Nanosuit users are being skinned off. New York is getting turned into an urban jungle and CELL is using the vast sprawl for a machine used for energy generation. Opposing CELL's motives are the Resistance, an underground organization who wants to prevent CELL's global domination and rebuild their own paradise. Reports of CEPH uprising are starting to surface. . . .

Players can RP either side of this conflict. Weapon arsenal consists just human technology. This would be a horror themed, survival based RP where each side has its motives and neither can be termed good or evil. Many a situation would need multiple players to cooperate to survive and the players *may* die... Sometimes the CELL and Resistance have to work together against domestic, foreign and alien threats.

Overall, it would be a short, action packed RP but emotional struggles would be a them too!

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
What we need is a Walking Dead RP.

Yes. That.

With emphasis on emotions and survival rather than murderous zombie murdering.

Or maybe a Zombieland RP would do.

Just give it to me already ):

Wasn't there a Walking Dead RP before? Like, a few months ago? I would host one, but I'm not big on zombies.

@Bleacher- I've never played Crysis, but it sounds pretty cool!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
So, I have an idea for this Wolf's Rain RP.

Avoiding the "Paradise" topic altogether, this plot would be based solely on survival. Wolves have become a public awareness, and the Humans are trying to hunt them to true extinction. Players can choose both Humans and Wolves, all with different motifs, plans and intents.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back