• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Universal Santa

Gerri Shin

  
Years
ok since Christmas is just around the corner and this is an International Forum, I'm sure that there are plenty of names for the big guy. I only know a few, so share what they call him where you're from.

Here in the northeast USA we call him Santa Claus.

How about it share a new way to refer to him, surprise your parents by calling him by a new name this year!​

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
I suppose he's called Santa Clause here aswell, or "father Christmas" but I thought that literally father Christmas would be Jesus because he was born on Chrsitmas day...

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
Years
Here in Finland we call him Joulupukki. And here's a fancy little fact you all you n00bz should know: Santa Claus lives in Korvatunturi, that's situated here in Finland, NOT in the Northpole or anything like that. (But no, I don't believe in Santa...)

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
In the UK its mostly: Father Christmas and Santa.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Nacon, don't post something so useless. I don't mind a little fun here and there, but at least contribute to the thread as well, or otherwise don't post at all.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Santa or father Christmas is what we call him:P

~Celebi

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
In New Zealand he was called Father Christmas, such as UK. But now in New Zealand he is called Santa Clause like in the U.S. In China he is called Christmas Old Man and in Chinese he is called Dun Che Lao Ren.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
slhx, stay on topic at all times. If you want to discuss something else with a member, use the PM system.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
Years
................. you could just call him Delibird and BAM! there's your universal.
Nacon, don't post something so useless. I don't mind a little fun here and there, but at least contribute to the thread as well, or otherwise don't post at all.

that wasn't useless, I was merely stating a point, the point being that Delibird is Christmas-ish themed, has the whole Santa look and since we are in a forum that revolves around pokemon, I stated that Delibird could be considered a Universal Santa in this forum.... so how was that a useless statement? It was more so a "read between the lines" brainstewing remark.

seriously, it was a little more than a bit of fun here and there... be a little more Jolly, 'cuz I know I wouldn't be too happy if Santa Klaus, Santa Clause, Redman, St. Nick, Father Christmas or Joulupukki gave me a lump of coal...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
that wasn't useless, I was merely stating a point, the point being that Delibird is Christmas-ish themed, has the whole Santa look and since we are in a forum that revolves around pokemon, I stated that Delibird could be considered a Universal Santa in this forum.... so how was that a useless statement? It was more so a "read between the lines" brainstewing remark.

seriously, it was a little more than a bit of fun here and there... be a little more Jolly, 'cuz I know I wouldn't be too happy if Santa Klaus, Santa Clause, Redman, St. Nick, Father Christmas or Joulupukki gave me a lump of coal...
No you weren't, you would have explained it if you were making a joke. You were only trying to be funny, and while I don't necessarily mind that, I'd appreciate it if you actually made it seem like you were contributing to the thread.

Furthermore, if you do have an issues with what I do or say around these parts, or would like to continue this discussion further, do it via PM, as you're supposed to.

Also, Delibird's gifts explode upon reception, and it isn't the nicest Pokemon in PokeSpecial, so that's hardly Christmasy :P

Gerri Shin

  
Years
@ Amachi: I don't mean to tell you off or how to do your job but i would like to point out that yo've commented 3 times in this thread and not once have you shared what Santa is called around where you live, which is the topic of this thread. I realize why you posted and am thankful, but at least revel with us in the topic of the thread.

Back on topic: I've heard that somewhere he's referred to as Papa Noel, and another name for him around my place is St. Nicholas (tho I have yet to hear about how he actually attained Sainthood)

Back