• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Silver

Kyle
Years
Thanks for the welcome, I have been Masuda hatching for 3 days now... 90 Eevees and 90 Beldums.. No shiny. I am starting to breed for 90 Charmanders. After that I'm starting again and giving away all my non-shinies. 90 Charmanders=1 day of breeding (:
Hey just a tip with breeding, if you save before you take the egg, you can hatch it, and if it's not shiny, just soft reset and try again, saves a lot of box space. =/ You might already be doing this, but I couldn't tell from your post.

Bug Maniac

Jolteon Master
Years
Can i join the Shiny Hunter club plez i love hunting shinies found a a Shiny Tentacool on Leaf Green but then relized i had no Pokeballs :( but i will find him again.

Currently have no shinies but im still hunting.

Just gave up looking for shiny pokemon then went back to viridian city on the way i thought ok i might just encounter a pokemon from the grass encountered a Rattata and guess with it was a shiny so i cought a shiny Rattata. So random :)

Quick Question: If you catch example: Shiny Rattata then evolve it would that be 2 shinies or still 1 shiny?

Last edited:
Years
Can i join the Shiny Hunter club plez i love hunting shinies found a a Shiny Tentacool on Leaf Green but then relized i had no Pokeballs :( but i will find him again.

Currently have no shinies but im still hunting.

Just gave up looking for shiny pokemon then went back to viridian city on the way i thought ok i might just encounter a pokemon from the grass encountered a Rattata and guess with it was a shiny so i cought a shiny Rattata. So random :)

Quick Question: If you catch example: Shiny Rattata then evolve it would that be 2 shinies or still 1 shiny?

Congrats on your Rattata :D And to answer your question, that would be considered 1 shiny.

On another note, stupid Ho-oh won't turn golden for me :( I'm at 5200 resets, getting kinda frustrated. But I'll just keep on doing a minimum of 100 resets a day and I should get him eventually :D

Metagold™

Metagross is King
Years
Hello everyone. I was wondering if I may join your club. I've been hunting shinies for three years now and I remain an avid hunter to this very day. My very first shiny was a random shiny swablu in emerald back in '06. I happened to hit my shiny frame (this was way before RNG abuse was discovered), I know this from my other two shiny frame pokemon in Emerald version, all with different natures and stats. Due to the fact that I unknowingly hit my shiny frame three times and no one yet knew how to abuse the RNG I still consider these fully legitimate shinies.

My favorite shiny pokemon is metagross, which happens to also be my favorite pokemon in general, closely followed by latias.

All of the shinies I have encountered, minus 3 shiny poochyenas, are in my banner below.

I promise to hunt shinies like the rules require. Right now I'm soft resetting for lugia in SS, I'm at around 3,500 resets, and charmander in firered at around 30,000 resets.

Thank you. ^^

EDIT: By the way, this is Narutopokedude from serebii if anyone happens to know me from the shiny club there.

Years
Hello shiny hunters * straightens outfit* I would like to join you.my first shiny was in fire red it was a nice little *green and grey zubat* as i called him because well......I didnt know what a shiny was back then.Now I hunt shiny and I am looking forward to a shiny bulbasaur after a few resets and basicly id like to join have a good day~ Dave

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
*Poke*
Alright, everyone... I'm back. I've been hatching Beldums for all of spring break and GUESS WHAT?! I didn't get a shiny. Argh.

The Red Chain

It's been a while since I updated you all.
I've been re-inspired to chain again thanks to Froggy's super duper awesome website.
I will be going for blue Houndoom this time around. Wish me luck. <3

Grats to MetalMario and Bug Maniac for your shinies.
They look so amazing. :33

Edit : Okay so after one attempt with a chain of 43 that was busted by accidently running into a Ponyta I gave a second attempt.
I got to a chain of 45 and this blue bad boy shined for me. <3

2010-04-1319-45-36242.jpg

On another note, stupid Ho-oh won't turn golden for me :( I'm at 5200 resets, getting kinda frustrated. But I'll just keep on doing a minimum of 100 resets a day and I should get him eventually :D

You know, I got frustrated just like you when SRing for Cyndaquil..
What really motivated me to keep going was watching videos of other people on Youtube encountering Shiny Cyndaquil.
I dunno.. just thought it might help you some if you do the same but for Ho-oh.

Gaga For Gaga

Gaga's Right Hand Man
Years
Hey guys!
I am new to the forum but not to Pokemon and shiny hunting.

I have a fair few shinys on my Diamond and Platinum card. Also, been playing SS and recently caught my first of the game =D
It is Ledyba, but caught it at level 4, and it is now a Ledian. =]

(Saw others were showing pics so thought I should)
P4142504.jpg

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011

You know, I got frustrated just like you when SRing for Cyndaquil..
What really motivated me to keep going was watching videos of other people on Youtube encountering Shiny Cyndaquil.
I dunno.. just thought it might help you some if you do the same but for Ho-oh.

That's exactly what I did. (:
So I'm getting my DSi back from Nintendo this/next week. I called and they replaced the touchscreen as it was excessively faulty. Funny though, their average turnaround is 10 days from when they get it and I sent it 3 days ago, it arrived there 2 days ago and they sent it back yesterday. UPS says it will arrive here tomorrow 'o.O

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Finally got my copy of soul silver. Wasn't going to get it until my gf bro got a copy. Got both versions so on one I will SR for shiny starter on other will go for shiny legendarys.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Finally! SHINY Cyndaquil! <3

After who knows how many eggs hatched, I hatched a shiny Cyndaquil. (I have no way to take pic, sorry guys.)

Male
Rash
Scatters things often.
Likes Dry food.

HP - 12
ATK - 6
DEF - 6
Sp ATK - 6
Sp DEF - 5
Speed - 6

I'm ecstatic!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Woah, congratulations on that shiny Cyndaquil, LDD! Is it a Masuda shiny?

I haven't hunted much lately because I've been so busy with school. To be honest, it kind of stinks! :( Hopefully I will be able to hunt a lot during this weekend.

Good luck, everyone!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Yeah, it's momma was a Japanese Ditto. *shrugs* It's the first hatched shiny I've gotten since the days of the 1/64 chance on Crystal. While leaning the favor to getting one with the "Masuda" method (who named that anyway?), I'm just happy to finally have my Nobaka. *smiles*

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
Yeah, it's momma was a Japanese Ditto. *shrugs* It's the first hatched shiny I've gotten since the days of the 1/64 chance on Crystal. While leaning the favor to getting one with the "Masuda" method (who named that anyway?), I'm just happy to finally have my Nobaka. *smiles*

Masuda means "Mixed-Race Marriage" so it fit perfectly for the method lol. Oh and the GF Director's name is Junichi Masuda...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hello everyone. It's the weekend, and I'm hoping to get some hunting in. Congratulations on the new shinies, everyone.

Last night, I had an odd dream. In the dream, I remember that it was late afternoon because every time I got in a battle, the sky looked reddish. And for some reason...I was random encountering for shiny Togepi! After a fair amount of encounters, I found a shiny one, then I put my game in Sleep Mode because I went to go do something else. While I was away from my DS, my brother came, and caught the shiny Togepi in a Premier Ball for me, but for some reason, I was upset at the fact that my brother caught the shiny for me. Probably because I don't trust his competence when it comes to catching shinies, heh. :p Anyways, I don't remember what happened after that, I just thought I'd share that little dream with you all.

As for my hunting...well, I'm at the point where I'm hunting more because I want to move on to different targets rather than because I want the shiny. What I mean by this is that there are other targets that I'd really like to hunt, but I can't/won't hunt them because I'm want to complete my current hunts.

To give you guys some exact figures, I'm currently at 17,634 encounters for a shiny Numel between my Ruby, Sapphire, and Emearld version. I've kept my Emerald version on for the past two weeks in order to prevent the RNG from looping, and I haven't gotten anything yet...and honestly, I'm a bit peeved by the fact that at this point (17,000+ encounters) most people would have gotten two shinies by now. Admittedly, I haven't been hunting every day, but still...this particular hunt of mine has been going on for a while, and I'd like for it to end (with me getting a shiny Numel, not getting shiny Marill or Machop) soon!

On FireRed, I did some encounters for shiny Growlithe last night, bringing my total up to 4643 encounters. I've become a bit paranoid about getting a shiny Pidgey/another shiny Meowth from that Route, however, so I'm going to abandon that hunt. For now, I believe I'll resume my Paras hunt, which is currently at around 20,300 encounters. After all, who doesn't love a high level shiny that utilizes Spore + False Swipe combo? :p Because I tend to get bored of my Paras hunt rather quickly, I think will alternate between hunting for Paras and fishing for a shiny Shellder at Cinnabar Island every 1000 encounters/fishings; that should keep me entertained for a while. As for Growlithe, I'll resume it on HeartGold after I get a shiny Ho-oh. And speaking of shiny Ho-oh...

Unfortunately, I only have a mere 1654 soft-resets for the phoenix. And with each soft reset, I feel less and less willing to hunt. But I really do want this shiny, and it's odd that I feel such little motivation to hunt for it! Well, I should clarify; I only feel little motivation to hunt for it while I'm actually doing my soft resets...does that make sense? When I watch videos of other hunters' shiny Ho-oh's on YouTube, or when I hear other people talking about how many SRs they have for Ho-oh (like CA, for exampe), their words of excitement or lament make me want to soft reset for shiny Ho-oh and get my own. But when I am actually in the process of doing Ho-oh soft resets, I frequently find myself thinking, "Man, I really wish I could I hunt something else on HG right now..."

I probably feel this way because there are just so many other targets on HG that I'd like to hunt for, and my HG game has been stuck at Ho-oh for a few weeks now. I don't like the idea of killing Ho-oh, beating the Elite 4, and then going back to hunt for Ho-oh either because if I do that, I know that Ho-oh will take a major back burner behind shinies I want more like Suicune and some random encounter targets...and I still haven't even played through Kanto yet, so I'm sure that will take up some time, too! Anyways, the basic thing is that unless I get a shiny Ho-oh quickly, I am going to be one unhappy shiny hunter.

As for Wooper, that hunt is going on smoothly. I want it a lot so that I can continue playing through SoulSilver and soft reset for a shiny Lugia, but I am also willing to wait a long time for this shiny. I find myself unusually patient with regard to this hunt; since I can only hunt for Wooper at night, this unusual patience is probably a good. The idea of my just abandoning this hunt has been cropping up into my mind every now and then, though, but I feel like if I stop now, all those nights of random encountering would have been a waste of time. And the simple idea of seeing a pink Wooper scrolling across the a nighttime field before a battle...well, that just really appeals to me.

I haven't hatched for Riolu in a long while. I haven't checked my egg count in about 15,000 steps; last time it was 951, so I'm guessing that I only have like 970ish eggs hatched now. Riolu is honestly the shiny I want most out of all my targets right now, but I rarely hunt for it nowadays because the eggs take so long to hatch. Since I don't have a lot of time, I try to hunt as efficiently as possible; why hatch like 30 Riolu eggs in an hour when you can random encounter 200 Numel? That's basically the only reason why I haven't been hunting for Riolu. However, when summer comes around, it'll definitely become my main target.

Despite the mild agitation expressed in my post, I should it make it clear that my overall mood towards shiny hunting at the moment is fairly positive. Sure, I would like a new shiny, but I'm not fuming at the ears just because I'm going through a bit of a drought. But after such a long post, I can understand how I could come off as a bit pessimistic. In all honesty, I'm just glad that I finally have time to get some good ole-fashioned shiny hunting done!

Anyways, good luck everyone. I hope I get shiny Ho-oh or Numel (would it be wrong to hope for both?) soon!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hay sup guys! -feels terrible- :3

Fufu, you need motivation for Ho-oh. It is a beautiful shiny. :(

Spoiler:

I have not SR'd for anything lately... I mostly RNG abuse now, which is depressing. I do not even scream when I get a shiny.. :(

RNG abused shinies include Eevee, Gligar, Finneon, Shroomish, Vulpix, Snover, unhatched Horsea... Not too many.

I am in dire need of a random encounter shiny to boil the blood. XD

zomg I would love a shiny Shellder... Must resist RNG abusing.

Blue Pikachu

It's a Blue Pikachu!... Lawl
Years
Hey there guys, I absolutely love shinies and would love to be part of the group.

However I'd also like to join to perhaps get some tips & tricks as when it comes to the Poke Radar I'm totally useless, with my max chain being on 2 occasions a grand total... of 7. not very impressive it must be said. I've read all the guides about it and know all the rules off but heart but for some reason... not sure what it is I always seem to muck up. :(

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
YEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!

After 3,108 soft resets, or 9,324 Pokémon seen:

53-TotodileSelect.jpg

Given | Field | Screen 1 | Screen 2

Met on Easter, Irwin is the first shiny I've caught without Greg as the OT. (The other is Camerupt.)

Next in line is going to be Ho-oh.

WHYYY?!! ಠ﹏ಠ I've been after shiny Chiko for so long

Craaap, I missed PC's April Fools! Well at least I had fun with Touhousu!

Shiny Totodile is such a pretty color. Congratulations MM! I haven't been shiny hunting at all lately, I just haven't been in the mood for Pokemon.. but my daughter is graduating from college in a few weeks, then she's coming home for a while. I imagine we will be some pokemon playing fools while she's here. (in between WoW raids anyway)

Back