• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Hello LDD! I don't know you but you seem nice and important around here your welcome to stay if you want I'd like that.

My mareep hunt got to 7100 REs now if I get something other than mareep i won't be mad even if its zubat.
The hunt for mareep will go on though even if i get alot of repeat shinies like bellsprout but I don't have any of the
shinies from this route already except zubat. I actually wouldn't mind getting something else xD but i can't leave without
a pink mareep in my possession.

As for my swinub hunt now on day 6 mostly everything in this cave would be a FoYT but I'm not really excited about
that more to the fact of getting the actual shiny. Delibird and jynx would be awesome but my main target here is
swinub and i won't leave here without that either.

Last edited:
Years
Here we go :3
Congratulations to Spritingyoshi on both the Roselia and the Bidoof (sort of?XD) can't wait to see the video!
Congratulations Iceman on the Eevee (so jealous!)
Kirozane, that sucks if it did happen ): Hopefully it was just your eyes though. More impotantly hopefully you'll find your Piplup soon!
Welcome welcome LDD, nice to see you again, remember me? Haha! Congratulations on the Bouffalant, it's nice to break a drough!

Good luck to everyone going through tough hunts at the moment. I know the feels, just remember, those shinies will turn up!
Welcome to SimplySam and C Dillinger too!
And Pokewalker, yeah, on 4th gen (and upwards?) it does actually effect egg hatching, as egg hatching comes under IRNG and not RNG. Whenever you turn off your game your shiny frame resets, so unless you get a frame within the 100 eggs or whatever you hatch before you turn off (and with 1/2044 odds that isn't likely) you won't get the shiny. However if your frame is 1500, you have to hatch them all in one DS being on period. This can backfire if your frame is, say, 5000. Hope that helped XD

I'm getting 100 eggs a day done. At 2670 so far...

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
I think it's time I get around to finishing up doing things on Black 2, I really have just let important things slide, at least I'm no longer distracted by other games.
Spoiler:

Years
LDD I think a retired co-owner is pretty important! Lol :3

In shiny news, I watched on in horror as my friend hatched a 1/8192 shiny eevee whilst trying to get a modest one or something, after 5 eggs. Many table flips occured :c 2693...

EDIT: Poldie, you can actually still hunt Mew on Emerald by using the Run Away method, but you need an Action Replay to get to the island where mew is. It depends if you count that legit.

Last edited:

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Well, its finally time i started my SS badge quest! Im just, literally this second, booting up my friends old copy to restart it and start SRing for a shiny starter :3 here we go! ALLONS-Y!!!!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I hadn't even realized that turning your game off changes anything. I don't know if I'm completely understanding your post, though- does that mean it would be more effective to hatch eggs (without turning the power off) than to SR for a Pokemon? (Not using MM, I mean)

I'm still searching for a shiny Eevee, and have been SRing in Goldenrod, but now I might have to try MM'ing for one, instead. I actually always keep a Japanese Ditto in the daycare center, so when I breed my Pokemon, there's a tiny chance it will be shiny. {:

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
Ah, well, okay maybe I'm a little important. *heh* But I rather enjoy being back to a normal member, or at least being a retired co-owner, letting more active members run the day-to-day things for the club.

I will, however, never be a retired Shiny hunter! I've already set my sights on Fennekin (the first starter after Cyndaquil that I've wanted Shiny) once X & Y are out. MM hatching, I never did have the personality type to sit and do soft-resets.

Now, should I finish Black Tower and pick up my Shiny... or finish the Dex and go get the shiny on Island? Dex would actually be easier, and moving over a few of my big EV'd pokes would go far on finishing the Tower.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Well, after 227 SRs (681 starters seen), this lil girl popped along to meet me

I not sure how to say it, but my perpetual good luck with shinies is almost taking all the thrill away :/ if i keep going like this, i may give up :/

If im honest, i really had my heart set on a shiny chikorita, so ima gonna keep SRing till i get one of them, and let that be the start of my badgequest XD

Years
Ahhhh Shiny rattata after 7419 REs in Heartgold not counting it for my Badge Quest

Well I'm going to keep going til I see a pink sheep I was actually quite happy to see this shiny because i thought this was going to
take a really long time. The rattata has calm nature and guts which is awesome I'll update later with the IVs.

I tried to upload the picture but i have less than 15 posts and I cannot upload it so I will put it in my signature

IVs
HP:22
Atk:6
Def:17
Sp.Atk:12
Sp.Def:17
Spd:25

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I'm giving my Jap. Ditto a break from the daycare on my W2. I got a Jap. Torchic today and put it with a female Torchic I got earlier. So far about 60 Torchic eggs hatched. Bad thing is, I can't get them hatched fast enough before having another egg waiting at Daycare lol.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Congrats to all those who've found shinies recently~
c:
Still trying to hatch my shiny sneasel. Not going too well ahaha. xD That and I've lost count of how many eggs I've hatched. I'm not very good at this shiny hunting thing so far. xD Ahh well, I'm determined to get myself a shiny sneasel!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I was about to stop for the night and that is when this guy appeared from one of the eggs.

Quirky Nature
Hatched in Castelia City
IVS: All were 6.

So that ends that hunt. It was the 85th egg to hatch. I will now work on Wurmple.

Years
First of all major congratulations to:
GlasstheDragon on your Rattata, even if it wasn't what you wanted,
Fishyfins on the Totodile,
and Iceman and on the Torchic!
(Anyone mind me borrowing your luck?? :P)

I hadn't even realized that turning your game off changes anything. I don't know if I'm completely understanding your post, though- does that mean it would be more effective to hatch eggs (without turning the power off) than to SR for a Pokemon? (Not using MM, I mean)

I'm still searching for a shiny Eevee, and have been SRing in Goldenrod, but now I might have to try MM'ing for one, instead. I actually always keep a Japanese Ditto in the daycare center, so when I breed my Pokemon, there's a tiny chance it will be shiny. {:

Again, turning it off only effects hatching. It isn't crucial, don't worry. No, it wouldn't be more effective at all, because you'd still need to know your frame, which you can't, and if you did that is no longer shiny hunting but RNGing really. Any method to hatching is equally useful, but if you are hatching I do recommend MMing, as the lower odds balance out the time immensely. Hatching without MM is like trying for a roamer! XD I was just interested in the mechanics.

EDIT: (Just wanted to add as I read your post and realised what you may be thinking - I believe the 1/8192 odds of finding a shiny are all to do with the frames anyway. IRNG and RNG work differently, so no, hatching would be no more effective than SRing as the shiny frame reset stuff only applies to hatching. It is obviously involved in SRing but not in the same way.... *hopeless explainer*)
Hope that clarified it a bit for you anyway! ^^

Ah, well, okay maybe I'm a little important. *heh* But I rather enjoy being back to a normal member, or at least being a retired co-owner, letting more active members run the day-to-day things for the club.

I will, however, never be a retired Shiny hunter! I've already set my sights on Fennekin (the first starter after Cyndaquil that I've wanted Shiny) once X & Y are out. MM hatching, I never did have the personality type to sit and do soft-resets.

Now, should I finish Black Tower and pick up my Shiny... or finish the Dex and go get the shiny on Island? Dex would actually be easier, and moving over a few of my big EV'd pokes would go far on finishing the Tower.

Lol! Yeah, I don't know if I could ever be an owner!
I too have almost decided to Soft Reset for Chespin - rather interestingly the recent scan revealed this to be the starter selection screen:
starter_selection.jpg

It looks a bit like the Heartgold and Soulsilver one, doesn't it? Perhaps this means we will be able to see if they're shiny before we pick them too...? Wouldn't that be awesome. It definitely will mean I won't need to get another 3ds to dual soft reset or anything!
As for the dex or tower, I have no clue as I haven't got that far xD

EDIT: I keep forgetting to update my hunts recently. Eevee MMing is at 2765 right now haha. I fell asleep yesterday so I only did 30 or so instead of 100 >_> Also, I accidentally turned my DS off, so I'm scratching the keeping it on thing. It will use less energy lol!

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
Lol! Yeah, I don't know if I could ever be an owner!
I too have almost decided to Soft Reset for Chespin - rather interestingly the recent scan revealed this to be the starter selection screen:

It looks a bit like the Heartgold and Soulsilver one, doesn't it? Perhaps this means we will be able to see if they're shiny before we pick them too...? Wouldn't that be awesome. It definitely will mean I won't need to get another 3ds to dual soft reset or anything!
As for the dex or tower, I have no clue as I haven't got that far xD

It... was work, we had a few cheaters back in the day who everyone could see through, but it was all cleared up eventually.

Oh, I hope they well show shiny on that screen! *crosses fingers* Even if it's not a Fen I would take a shiny starter (and toss it onto another copy, thankfully I tend to pick up both versions of a new game at the same time, though I waited months to get White 2 because I didn't feel it was a big a game change-up to be worth saving hard for both at once)

Heh, I'm working on both Black Tower and White Hallow (I'm actually further in white in this case.)

I only need under 30 more in the Unova Dex on Black though to be allowed onto the Nature Preserve-Island.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I keep restarting my Black 2. I want to beat the Black Tower for Shiny Gible, but I have a hard time going through WB2 a second time for some reason. On the first ones I have been through Black like 4 times.

Anyways, an update on my Shiny Wurmple hunt. I have hatched about 60 eggs so far and no luck. Haven't really tried much today. After I get Wurmple, I think I am going to start on Roggenrola or Piplup Shiny. Good luck on all of yalls hunts.

I do happen to have a question, how do yall make those shiny hunting boxes in most of yalls signatures?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Well after a 4 month break from pretty much everything gaming related I decided to pick up where I left off on my hunt for the shiny charm. Up to 350ish right now so still a long way to go. But after trading over i should only need a few extras and I can finally get back into the hunting. Been a good break from most games. Was mainly playing on off on my huge backlog. Before I started more casual stuff.

X and Y also brought me back, Liking the look of the 3DS, going to be the only reason I buy one as the rest of the games haven't really interested me.

Hopefully I can be more active than I used to be now.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
No luck on the Eevee hunt yet. I've moved on to just encounter wild Pokemon and hope that I find a shiny. Over 200 REs yesterday, still nothing. I plan to Pokeradar something today (maybe Shinx? My friend wants shiny Luxio, and I could also clone it for my trade shop) along with EV training my Gible.

Good luck with your hunts. {:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
hey guys,

Does any1 know if there is still a legit way to get mew btw?

I believe there is, in fact. In emerald or ruby / sapphire, don't exactlt know which one, you can catch a mew.

By the way, gonna pick up my manaphy hunt THIS SUMMER! Let's see if I can beat G-Money.

Years
Thanks for all the congrats guys it means alot!

Yeah already back to another 1000 REs for mareep not sure whatll I'll get this time hopefully not another rattata but if I do get rattata i hope it doesn't take to long. As for my swinub hunt now on day 8 i swear 5% Jynx appears way more than 40% swinub it's insane well good luck everyone and good luck on your hunts.

Good luck eeeveee i really want you to get that eevee soon!

and as for the image you posted that would be awesome if they were SRable that way but I'd probably never get the starter I like the most xD.

Back