• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Game! WhattodoWhattodoWhattodo

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Whenever I buy a new game that I've been hyping up for, like Fire Emblem Awakening, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD remake, Tales of Graces, and so on, I tend to buy it at release date, and play it non-stop until I get tired, and then talk about it with someone. You can call that whatever you want, but iiiit's generally my tradition with new games.

What about you? What's generally your tradition upon learning about new games, or buying a new game for yourself? Do you try it right away? Do you speak about it with others? Maybe you've been hyping up about these new games until release date, and then when you get it for 10 minutes, you just don't play it again for about a week until you remember it again?

What do you do when you get new games? :3

TY

I install/play the game ASAP and start playing the story if there is one.
Mostly i keep playing the new game for a week and then it goes into my routine of games i play

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it all depends on what the game is and how well I enjoy it. If it's a new Zelda game, which I'm usually hyped for, then once I'm able to get my hands on it, I will put it into my console as soon as I can and start playing it. When I'm done playing, I would start discussing it with other people who are seemingly interested in it as much as I am. If it's a type of game that I have never tried before (such as Halo—I've never played this game because I wasn't a big fan of its futuristic aspects), then I won't be playing it immediately after the purchase. I'll play it only when I have time. If I end up enjoying the game, then I'll become a follower of its franchise and buy almost every single game that they release in the future. And if I don't enjoy it, then I'll simply put the game back into its box and never touch it again. d:

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Hehe polar opposites I either buy it if I like the developer if I don't, I look around the internet (NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE!). Then I will play it for 22 hours straight and then put it down and say "MEH! I LIKED MORROWIND AND CHRONO TRIGGER BETTER!"

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
When I get a new game I will play it for two hours when I get back from the shop. then go on with my daily business until my daughter is asleep and play the game until I go to bed.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I get most of my games from the XBL Market and a bunch of games I just freshly purchased. However, sometimes I distracted with my usual games (Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Call of Duty, Halo etc.) and don't play it for awhile.

But as soon as I get a new game I do play it right away.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
If it keeps me playing for 20 hours straight on the first day, it's probably a good game. That's it, really; I generally look for games that satisfy long sessions.

Years
It depends. I never usually get newest games as I wait for price drops and such, unless it's something like FIFA where there's a new game guaranteed to release every year.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Normally when I buy a new game I try it the night or afternoon that I get it. If it's really good then I will play it nonstop until I beat it. That's what I did with Pokemon X and GTA V.

Back