• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Or Shizui's team would consist of random "Fish" Pokemon (hence the netting he carries) such as Magikarp, Seaking, etc.
Or "Deep Sea" Pokemon (he has diving goggles and leg fin thingies...) like Gorebyss (name doesn't suit them imo), Clampearl, or Jellicent.
Or we could screw that idea and just give him 2 Gyarados and a Lapras. Yup.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Im convinced that shizui is NOT in undella bay due to that being on the other side of the map from the starter city
Its very unlikely because for you to walk/ride ALL the way over there you would have to battle many trainers thus making your team overleveled
This could work only if Shizui the THIRD gym leader had overpowered pokemon but thats almost impossible considering pokemons gym patterns
His island or port city would have to be on the left side of the map

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Im convinced that shizui is NOT in undella bay due to that being on the other side of the map from the starter city
Its very unlikely because for you to walk/ride ALL the way over there you would have to battle many trainers thus making your team overleveled
This could work only if Shizui the THIRD gym leader had overpowered pokemon but thats almost impossible considering pokemons gym patterns
His island or port city would have to be on the left side of the map

Getting to Undella from the new starter City is as far as Mistralon City from B/W's City depending on which route we have to take this time. We went Nimbasa, Driftveil, Mistralon in the first games, we could go Nimbasa, BC/WF (Or new city), to Undella.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Or Shizui's team would consist of random "Fish" Pokemon (hence the netting he carries) such as Magikarp, Seaking, etc.
Or "Deep Sea" Pokemon (he has diving goggles and leg fin thingies...) like Gorebyss (name doesn't suit them imo), Clampearl, or Jellicent.
Or we could screw that idea and just give him 2 Gyarados and a Lapras. Yup.

Not fish, ugh. I'd consider him as important as a random fisher loool.

Gorebyss or Jellicent seem too overpowered for how he looks/where we think he's positioned. XD;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well considering his Kyushu dialect and lilipads in gym I really expect Shizui to have Lombre or Ludicolo.
Gorebyss and Jellycent would make nice additions too, I'll like for him to be tough not easy.

Years
Well considering his Kyushu dialect and lilipads in gym I really expect Shizui to have Lombre or Ludicolo.
Gorebyss and Jellycent would make nice additions too, I'll like for him to be tough not easy.
His "Kyushu" dialect? Please explain this.
Well as KingCyndaquil, XanderO, and Requility said that Shizui seems to be at the 3rd/2nd Gym, then Lombre seems to be the most obvious choice for him. I agree that Gym Leaders should be tough and that we should expect a lot from our new Gym Leader but... if he comes out busting loose a Ludicolo... that's for rematches if it comes to that...

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
His "Kyushu" dialect? Please explain this.
Well as KingCyndaquil, XanderO, and Requility said that Shizui seems to be at the 3rd/2nd Gym, then Lombre seems to be the most obvious choice for him. I agree that Gym Leaders should be tough and that we should expect a lot from our new Gym Leader but... if he comes out busting loose a Ludicolo... that's for rematches if it comes to that...

Kyushu in Japan = Hoenn in Pokemon world, it looks like Shizui is from Hoenn.
I don't think Ludicolo would be too tough. It's equally strong like most of other 2nd/3rd Gym Leaders' signature Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah Ludicolo certainly doesn't seem that tough, it's just... it doesn't seem like something found early on. On the other hand, Lotad wouldn't really be appropriate but Lombre does seem like a good middle ground.

Years
So, the Gym order so far:

• Cheren
  • Homika
  • Shizui?
  • Elesa?
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????

This is just my prediction. Something tells me Shizui and Elesa will be the 3rd and 4th Gyms.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Considering how it's usually the last gym (well RSE had two:Norman and Wallace/Juan) it'll proably be him or her who is restricted. Though come to think about it Unova in BW was quite restricted compared to HgSs. I'm hoping this time around it's not.
If Shizui is the last gym than he'll have a similar position as Wallace/ Juan which if you look at Unova a lot of the gym leaders have positions from previous regions, like Brycen to both Candice and the old guy from Johto. Then there's Skyla who is sixth like Skyla. Also if you switch around Burgh and Lenora's orders you get them to match Bugsy and Witney...seriously GF needs to add dark to add some variety to these gyms.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
My Gym list kinda looks like:

• Cheren
  • Homika
  • ????
  • Elesa?
  • ????
  • Shizui?
  • ????
  • ????

As for Homika's Pokemon I'm gunna go double Koffing since its the only confirmed Poison Type early in the game right now.

Cheren I can see Lillipup and Azurill, though he'll most likely have something better than Azurill.

Elesa Going to say she'll have the same Pokemon as in Black and White, if she doesn't then Emolga, Zebstrika, and Pikachu (line)

Shizui...Still want to see the Lotad Line thing cause that would be hilarious XD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I thought that Cheren only had one pokemon, that being Patrat...
I see Homika having Koffin and possibly Scollipede (I know I spelled that wrong) line.

I think one of the Battle screenshots had shown he had two. Though the First Gym Leader has never had 1 Pokemon anyway. Even if its an assumption, its a very safe one.

Homika wouldn't have a Scolipede. At best she'd probably have an underleveled Whirlipede, if not a Venipede. Though that would require them to be around her Gym if they keep the same trend as Black and White. So far Koffing is the only Poison type revealed to be early in the game so I'm just assuming she has two Koffings until I see more Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
So Homika is second we're now figuring out the order, so far I've got:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
(New Leader)
Skyla or a replacement.
Brycen
N or Iris.

My reason for N being a Gym leader is because he played such an important role in Black & White, to just send him off without any relation to B2W2 would be awful. The reason why I think he'd be a gym leader is because I don't see him playing the same role in Team Plasma as he did in BW but more of a changed person after the realisation of his mistakes, I meaan it is 2 years later so anything can happen over that period of time.

Guy

just a guy
Years
So Homika is second we're now figuring out the order, so far I've got:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
(New Leader)
Skyla or a replacement.
Brycen
N or Iris.

My reason for N being a Gym leader is because he played such an important role in Black & White, to just send him off without any relation to B2W2 would be awful. The reason why I think he'd be a gym leader is because I don't see him playing the same role in Team Plasma as he did in BW but more of a changed person after the realisation of his mistakes, I meaan it is 2 years later so anything can happen over that period of time.
Not that I wouldn't mind N as a Gym Leader, I actually think it'd be pretty cool, but I don't think N has to have a title role (i.e. Gym Leader, Elite, Frontier Brain, etc.) in B2W2 to play an important part of the game and finish his story from where it left off two years ago in Unova.

No matter what part N plays to the story though, I definitely see him opposing Team Plasma rather than leading them like in Black and White.

That said, I could picture Iris taking full charge of the final gym and Drayden now being either part of the Elite or something bigger. Hey, maybe Drayden might have retired and he and Alder could be chilling out somewhere together soaking in the sun.

After all, it has been two years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back