• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Remake it Later...

satotaku

Generation 1's last hope
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
If it had been released later we probably would have seen the following

1. Online

The big addition we could have seen if FR/LG was a Gen IV game was the addition of online functionality, which would have been a huge plus for a game that was calling upon the nostalgia of the players, you would be able to experience in a whole new way.

2. 3D

Imagine how amazing this title could have looked if it had the benefits that HG/SS had, true we got to explore Kanto in HG/SS but I still would have liked to see the Sevii Islands rendered in 3D.

3. GTS

Along with online we'd see the process of trading become a much simpler prospect through Gen IV's GTS.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I actually really, really, really enjoyed playing FR/LG. I don't think it would have made much of a difference if it had been released within these years. Had it been released for the DS, let's say, all we'd see are a few minor updates, and, of course, updated graphics, which is a plus, but I think people play more for the actual story line. Remakes are always nice, and I think FR/LG came out at the perfect time. Reliving Kanto was amazing. Like SoraTheTruth said, I wouldn't mind remakes of the remakes of FR/LG. Talk about remakeception. xD

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
It's unfair to say they could have waited until gen 4 or 5 to remake gen 1 because of two reasons

>FR/LG supplemented the R/S (and later E) Pokedex

>We have the gift of hindsight. We know what the plans were between 2004 and now so it's VERY easy to say "They could have waited so the remakes could have had moving sprites and wifi battling". Nintendo's never been one to get ahead of itself. When video game companies get ahead of themselves, you get StarCraft Ghost.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
It was at a great time, but I would love to see the games in the way that X and Y are.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
I would be curious to see how they would make improvements if they were released in Gen four or five. I still like the gen three version though. Never can go wrong with a Gameboy Advance.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
The wait of the remake of LG/FR is over. It was remade like 2 years ago ^^ Atleast with the release of HG/SS. I dont consider it as a full remake but i consider it as a part remake of LG/FR. I still think that they were released at the perfect time back in the late 2004.

Back